[RELEASE] Artist Slideshow Helper
Excellent. Works perfectly. thanks.
Win10x64 Pro. Intel Core2Duo E8500 3.26GHz on Gigabyte GA-EP43-UD3L. 4GB DDR2 1066MHz RAM. Nvidia GT240 512MB PCIx16. Multiple displays, including Sony VPL-XW5000ES 4k projector + 100" Da-Lite Cinema screen.
(2014-07-17, 03:08)curtis-r Wrote: Excellent. Works perfectly. thanks.

Great! I think you were the first person who had a different file system type for the source and destination directories, so thanks for finding the issue. I'll probably push the update to the main XBMC repo early next week.
AS Helper script is failing on test migrate of images.

Windows 7 x64
XBMC 13.1 running in portable mode
XBMC using default MySQL db
AS Helper ver 0.3.6~beta2

Log is here: debug log

scott s.
(2014-07-22, 02:00)scott967 Wrote: AS Helper script is failing on test migrate of images.

Windows 7 x64
XBMC 13.1 running in portable mode
XBMC using default MySQL db
AS Helper ver 0.3.6~beta2

Log is here: debug log

scott s.

Beta 3 fixed that. Look a few posts back for the link to beta 3.
Thanks. Actually I have your repo installed but I have auto-update turned off and somehow missed that beta 3 was awaiting install. My bad. Migrate worked in B3.

scott s.
(2014-07-22, 21:58)scott967 Wrote: Thanks. Actually I have your repo installed but I have auto-update turned off and somehow missed that beta 3 was awaiting install. My bad. Migrate worked in B3.

No worries. I'm just glad that solved your problem.
(2013-12-28, 06:15)pkscout Wrote: Artist Slideshow Helper provides a list artist names matched to their hash directory in your Artist Slideshow image directory to make things a little easier to manage. It also allows you to migrate images out of the cache directory into a local directory structure. It can be downloaded from the main XBMC repo.
First off, thanks a lot for your efforts and work! I'm writing this to say that the descriptions don't make things "easier" : I'm new to XBMC, and since I'm not aware of what's happening under the hood, and don't have much time to be as knowledgeable about this as you are... Instead of talking about the cache and such, would it be possible to explain how it can be used, with examples if possible (what to do for this and that and such and what results should be expected)? Do these addons work with the Eon Flux skin since I can't notice much difference (I don't know if the images that are displayed in the background are those of the Artist Slideshow, or those that were downloaded when Kodi fetched informations from distant database when adding a new source)? I've installed both addons (Artist Slideshow and the Helper), but I don't know how to interact with them : clicking on Artist Slideshow does nothing; then clicking on the Helper tells me that no action was taken as no action was specified, and then that the migration of files has been done successfully... But looking at those "actions" in the configuration pop-up doesn't give me a clue about what to select as what it would do... And when I see that the Helper tries to download all images and put them somewhere I don't know of, I fear that it will clutter my hard drive as it seems to take quite some time... I guess that Artist Slideshow works silently in the background, is that so? And configuring the Helper leaves me quite perplexed, I don't understand anything about some hash file and such, as I can't guess what modifying such parameters would actually do and what those "Hash files" are used for (usually I use them either to get a security check like hash5, either so as to structure/compress some index, etc., there are many possible contexts for the use of hashing functionality and hash files)... At least an explanation of how it works before hand would be welcome if you go that route. But again, thanks!

Cordially.
(2014-11-20, 19:37)HawkFest Wrote:
(2013-12-28, 06:15)pkscout Wrote: Artist Slideshow Helper provides a list artist names matched to their hash directory in your Artist Slideshow image directory to make things a little easier to manage. It also allows you to migrate images out of the cache directory into a local directory structure. It can be downloaded from the main XBMC repo.
First off, thanks a lot for your efforts and work! I'm writing this to say that the descriptions don't make things "easier" : I'm new to XBMC, and since I'm not aware of what's happening under the hood, and don't have much time to be as knowledgeable about this as you are... Instead of talking about the cache and such, would it be possible to explain how it can be used, with examples if possible (what to do for this and that and such and what results should be expected)? Do these addons work with the Eon Flux skin since I can't notice much difference (I don't know if the images that are displayed in the background are those of the Artist Slideshow, or those that were downloaded when Kodi fetched informations from distant database when adding a new source)? I've installed both addons (Artist Slideshow and the Helper), but I don't know how to interact with them : clicking on Artist Slideshow does nothing; then clicking on the Helper tells me that no action was taken as no action was specified, and then that the migration of files has been done successfully... But looking at those "actions" in the configuration pop-up doesn't give me a clue about what to select as what it would do... And when I see that the Helper tries to download all images and put them somewhere I don't know of, I fear that it will clutter my hard drive as it seems to take quite some time... I guess that Artist Slideshow works silently in the background, is that so? And configuring the Helper leaves me quite perplexed, I don't understand anything about some hash file and such, as I can't guess what modifying such parameters would actually do and what those "Hash files" are used for (usually I use them either to get a security check like hash5, either so as to structure/compress some index, etc., there are many possible contexts for the use of hashing functionality and hash files)... At least an explanation of how it works before hand would be welcome if you go that route. But again, thanks!

Cordially.

To understand how this addon works you first need to understand how artist slideshow works. Have you read the first post on the Artist Slideshow thread?

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...+slideshow

or even better:
http://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:Artist_Slideshow
(2014-11-20, 21:53)kyungrak Wrote: To understand how this addon works you first need to understand how artist slideshow works. Have you read the first post on the Artist Slideshow thread?

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...+slideshow

or even better:
http://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:Artist_Slideshow
Thanks, it works! :-) BTW, it says that it's compatible with ver. 13. Is it also compatible with Kodi v.14?
EDIT : yeah it looks like it, and it worlds pretty well with Titan skin (via an the addon Titan Skin Helper Service I guess -?), without any manipulation unlike with the default Confluence skin. Super work, thanks.
Somehow, I get a "script failed" error everytime I run the script. I am using default settings apart from the "Create Artist Hash Mapping File" wich is turned on.
As output directory I tried both a local folder and a UNC folder. No file is created, not even an empty one. XBMC has write access to these folders.
The relevant part of the log file can be seen here: http://pastebin.com/KRiFAY0R
In the logfile there is a "TypeError....getCacheThumbname must be unicode or str" which is probably what is going wrong.

I have tried the helper on several computers running XBMC, in both Helix and Gotham but is never worked for me.
Does anybody know what is wrong?

Thanks in advance for your reply
I think all righthtinking people in this country are sick and tired of being told that ordinary, decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired.
(2015-01-06, 14:51)PH-SYM Wrote: Somehow, I get a "script failed" error everytime I run the script. I am using default settings apart from the "Create Artist Hash Mapping File" wich is turned on.
As output directory I tried both a local folder and a UNC folder. No file is created, not even an empty one. XBMC has write access to these folders.
The relevant part of the log file can be seen here: http://pastebin.com/KRiFAY0R
In the logfile there is a "TypeError....getCacheThumbname must be unicode or str" which is probably what is going wrong.

I have tried the helper on several computers running XBMC, in both Helix and Gotham but is never worked for me.
Does anybody know what is wrong?

Thanks in advance for your reply
I'm not able to duplicate that problem on either of my machines, and I would need to see the entire debug log to be of assistance. Also, you need to enable debug logging in AS Helper so that it provides more detailed information in the detail log.
I like this addon, keeps the user_data folder small and copy all art, in my cdArt Folder on the NAS :>
I listen to Radio a lot and the Folder gets large fast Big Grin

Can I add a scheduling option?

So I don`t have to start it by hand once a week.
(2015-01-08, 16:32)meowmoo Wrote: I like this addon, keeps the user_data folder small and copy all art, in my cdArt Folder on the NAS :>
I listen to Radio a lot and the Folder gets large fast Big Grin

Can I add a scheduling option?

So I don`t have to start it by hand once a week.

I use Cron XMBC to schedule AS Helper to run every night. It's available at https://github.com/robweber/cronxbmc
Thanks, I give it a try
Love the slideshow add-on, really great work Pkscout!

I'm having some issues with the helper though, it doesn't want to create any files, I've tried a number of different setting combinations, but no luck. Keeps giving a script error notification immediately after starting.

The same message everytime as well:
ERROR: EXCEPTION: argument "path" for method "XBMCAddon::xbmc::getCacheThumbName" must be unicode or str

Running AEON NOX 5 on Kodi Helix, Windows 7.

Logs:
http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=396409

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Artist Slideshow Helper0