[RELEASE] Artist Slideshow Helper
(2016-08-15, 20:33)meowmoo Wrote: for some reason ASH dont move the Files for me anymore, they stay in the AS folder,

it looks like if the folder did not exist, ASH dont create a new folder?!

log
https://jpst.it/McCE

I'm not able to duplicate what you're seeing. On my test machine (OS X) when I run ASH it moves the files from the hashed AS folder to the folder path I specified and creates the artist's folder in the destination directory if needed. You're debug log looks really strange, and I can't figure out what kind of ASH settings would cause what I'm seeing. I'd suggest uninstalling ASH and deleting the ASH folder in the addon_data directory of Kodi. Then reinstall it and edit the settings as needed.

There is a bug is ASH that will crop up if you have a artist folder that ends in period and have selected something other than Windows as the target in the fuzzy search, but that shouldn't be affecting you, as ASH will crash when that happens anyway (which it isn't for you).
I did what you suggested, and it works again Smile

Maby the fuzzy update or me playing around with the fuzzzy option broke something somehow,

Sorry for bothering you
Hi @pkscout

I have version 0.4.3 ASH - OpenElec 6.93.3 - skin MQ7 or Confluence
The deleted directory userdata\addon_data\script.artistslideshow-helper\
New installation ASH
I have error:
PHP Code:
NOTICE: [Artist Slideshow Helperscript version 0.4.3 started
NOTICE
: [Artist Slideshow Helperdebug logging set to true
ERROR
EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - 
NOTEIGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!

Error Type: <type 'exceptions.AttributeError'>

Error ContentsMain instance has no attribute 'ENABLEFUZZYSEARCH'

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "/storage/.kodi/addons/script.artistslideshow-helper/default.py"line 237in <module>

Main()

File "/storage/.kodi/addons/script.artistslideshow-helper/default.py"line 37in __init__
                                                self
._get_settings()

File "/storage/.kodi/addons/script.artistslideshow-helper/default.py"line 120in _get_settings

if self.ENABLEFUZZYSEARCH == 'true':

AttributeErrorMain instance has no attribute 'ENABLEFUZZYSEARCH'

-->End of Python script error report<-- 

settings.xml file:
PHP Code:
<settings>
    <
setting id="enable_fuzzysearch" value="false" />
    <
setting id="end_replace" value="" />
    <
setting id="hashlist" value="false" />
    <
setting id="hashlist_path" value="/storage/.kodi/temp/" />
    <
setting id="illegal_replace" value="_" />
    <
setting id="logging" value="true" />
    <
setting id="migrate" value="false" />
    <
setting id="migrate_path" value="" />
    <
setting id="migrate_type" value="0" />
    <
setting id="storage_target" value="1" />
</
settings

Thank you for your help

When I modified the code (default.py ASH)
old:
PHP Code:
(118 line)

self.ENABLEFUZZYSEARCH addon.getSetting"enable_fuzzysearch" )

lw.log( ['fuzzy search is ' self.ENABLEFUZZYSEARCH] )
        if 
self.ENABLEFUZZYSEARCH == 'true':
(...) 
new:
PHP Code:
(118 line)

self.ENABLEFUZZYSEARCH addon.getSetting"enable_fuzzysearch" )

lw.log( ['fuzzy search is ' self.ENABLEFUZZYSEARCH] )
        if 
self.ENABLEFUZZYSEARCH == 'true':
(...) 

ASH works OK
Thanks for finding that. I've updated my code and will be pushing out a new beta with this fix tomorrow. Assuming there are no other issues, I'll plan on pushing a request to the main repo later this week.
Hello @pkscout

is it possible to implement into the addon a time to start the addon automatically hidden.

Example: all 5 min the addon start and if there are some file to copy it will be done

Best wishes

Claus
(2017-02-08, 20:25)Acubens Wrote: Hello @pkscout

is it possible to implement into the addon a time to start the addon automatically hidden.

Example: all 5 min the addon start and if there are some file to copy it will be done

Best wishes

Claus

You can do that using Cron for Kodi:

<http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=124888&highlight=cron>

Once you get that installed, you can create a job that runs RunAddon(script.artistslideshow-helper) how every frequently you'd like. That's what I do (although I only run it once a day).
I still have the Issue that lots of Fanart Did not get Moved to my Nas and stays in th AS folder....

ASH shows the Popup "work done" but nothing is Moved, so i was on the hunt to figure out whats the Issue

My Local Music Have all the Art stored on the NAS, so the Problem are Radio Stream.

What I noticed is that the Hash from the Folders that dont work, are not in the "as_hashlist.txt", and I guess thats the Problem? If no hash is present ASH cant Process the Files?!

Do Kodi Generate the hash, or AS?

why is it needed anyway? it brings no advantage, i my eyes, but make things much more complicated....

here is a great Radio Addon http://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:radio
and here is the my_Station.json file https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B9bSf6...S1fUDd6eUU
this are my Favorite Station most of them Provide Proper output so AS can do his work.

maby you can give it a try on your setup and reproduce the issue, I would say 80% of the time the Fanart did not get moved :/
Thanks in Advance
AS generates that hash list based on artists in your library. If the folder was created using music from a streaming source, there will be no artist in your library, so AS can't generate a hash to find the right artist folder to move. So my guess is most of your stuff is streaming, and that's why it doesn't get moved.

The hash generated folder name has been part of AS since before I inherited it. It's meant to keep from having platform or unicode issues with folder names and paths. At this point it would be almost impossible to change without just deleting everything people downloaded and starting again. Since in many cases that means deleting art from sources that aren't available anymore (like htbackdrops and last.fm), that could be devastating for some folks.
So a option to use "kodi hash" or "clear name" would be a solution Wink
And to be honest, if you care about music Art as a user you do not store it on your xyGB SD cart from your RPI, what I wanna say is most users would not notice it if the logic change

I know I'm not the only one who would be happy to see clear name, all the Manuel NFO use would welcome this also.
(2017-03-06, 19:43)meowmoo Wrote: So a option to use "kodi hash" or "clear name" would be a solution Wink

I understand that someone a magic switch will be easy. To do that I would have to rip out a huge chunk of stuff and then add logic for *two* potential ways of storing stuff. It simply isn't easy. But hey, here's the code, have at it:

https://github.com/pkscout/script.artistslideshow
After chatting with a friend who knows python,he told me i need to look for "set_thedir", so I change line 884 (in AS default.py of course) to
Code:
CacheName = theartist
and doh, The folder gets the Artist Name and not the Kodi Hash...im sure its a "dirty hack", but it did what i wannt and some if... else... option should not be that hard if I had any knowledge of python

ASH of course dont work because it still is looking for the Unnecessary hash...but now i can move them by Hand once in a While Wink

Edit: I tested for 30 min all possible setups, art on nas, no art at all, downloaded art in the AS folder, art on both, AS still work as before, I can't see any errors in the log also.
Hi,
In my music folder i have songs with "feat." or more than 1 artist, my Artwork doesn't work on that kind of multiple artists, what can i do so Kodi will only "read" the first artist and then will show me his/her artwork ?
(2017-04-18, 06:39)guandms Wrote: Hi,
In my music folder i have songs with "feat." or more than 1 artist, my Artwork doesn't work on that kind of multiple artists, what can i do so Kodi will only "read" the first artist and then will show me his/her artwork ?

Artist Slideshow Helper (and Artist Slideshow) use whatever artist Kodi tells it to for a song. So if you have a song with Artist feat. Artist 1 in the artist field, then that's who Kodi thinks the artist is. Multiple artist songs have to be tagged a certain way for Kodi to know there are multiple artists. I'd start here:

http://kodi.wiki/view/Music_tagging
Hello pkscout, love your skin, everything works fine, also download in music folder.

Is it possible to rename the downloaded extrafanarts when I move them with Artist Slideshow Helper into the music folder "extrafanart" with a special name
Example: you found 3 extrafanarts and move them to

fanart01
fanart02
fanart03
and so on...
(2017-04-18, 18:47)pkscout Wrote:
(2017-04-18, 06:39)guandms Wrote: Hi,

Artist Slideshow Helper (and Artist Slideshow) use whatever artist Kodi tells it to for a song. So if you have a song with Artist feat. Artist 1 in the artist field, then that's who Kodi thinks the artist is. Multiple artist songs have to be tagged a certain way for Kodi to know there are multiple artists. I'd start here:
http://kodi.wiki/view/Music_tagging

So this is how it's in my Music Folder, I'm adding a SS of a certain album that have many artists that i can't get to "work" properly with Aeon Madnox skin...
For this example "To m Cruise" is the artist, and i have a folder for his artwork, the main folder is config in the skin off course, but still Only logo is visable but no fanart....

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Artist Slideshow Helper0