XBMC do not work very well on Intel NUC i5?
Hi,

I have the following :
  • 60" LG Plasma TV
  • Yamaha RX-A1020 Receiver
  • Intel Nuc I5, 8 GB Ram, 64 GB SSD (INTEL DC3217IYE NUC bought 10 jan 2013)
  • Windows 7 to be able to surf and use youtube/netflix without involving XBMC to much

The problem is that the video lag noticable at panning and if i switch from 1080i to 1080p it will be even worse. I have tried the diffrent sync options in XBMC but that does nothing?

Any suggestions?
Change the hz setting to 24hz or 60hz.
Modded MK1 NUC - CLICK ----- NUC Wiki - CLICK

Bay Trail NUC FTW!

I've donated, have you?

how do you do that?
On the same page in settings as choosing 1080p.
Modded MK1 NUC - CLICK ----- NUC Wiki - CLICK

Bay Trail NUC FTW!

I've donated, have you?

I have now set the hz to 24hz instead of 60hz in Windows Screen settings and this does make 1080p and 720p movies in XBMC to run alot better. The meny and videos played in browser(Windows 7) do however lag instead and this is only solved by setting it back to 60hz.

Im not clear on how to set this? I know that XBMC have some settings that set refreshrate to the same sa display or video? Could this be the solution? Or do I have to instruct Windows to use 24Hz all the time?

Deinterlacing is auto as defautl but if I turn it on it will lag alot so I have choosen to set it to off.
I got a suggestion to set these settings :

Windows : 60hz

XBMC
sync playback to display - enabled
adjust display refresh rate to match video - on start/stop
A/V sync method till [Drop/Dupe Audio]

This worked really well untill I tried a TV series episode of parenthood (dvd), there was now a lot of sync problems but by setting back the settings to default in XBMC I got good sync again but now the HD videos will not play as nice.

Ther emost be more users that have problems likes this?

Is there somthing more I can provide to find a solution to this?
be sure to upgrade your intel hd 3000 graphic driver... i noticed a VERY big difference in perfomance from the old to the newest driver..

i have the dc3217iyu i3 version, and it plays well when wathcing movies Smile
I have a yamaha RX-a3020 and an i5 NUC Haswell with Openelec XBMC.
I noticed that I have to power on FIRST the Yamaha, switch on the HDMI input where the NUC is connected, and AFTER swith on the NUC if I want the NUC can switch with different video refresh rates.
(2013-12-29, 23:19)snowjim Wrote: Intel Nuc I5, 8 GB Ram, 64 GB SSD (INTEL DC3217IYE NUC bought 10 jan 2013)

You were ripped off. DC3217IYE is an i3 nuc.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC do not work very well on Intel NUC i5?0