Searching for XMBC/Prime solution
I am looking to spend some x-mas money on a XMBC box. The requirements are:

1) Can play 1080p content
2) outputs via hdmi at at least 720
3) Can play amazon prime instant video
4) Have a simple interface with remote

The ideal solution would probably be a Google TV with NDK support that can handle XBMC, but there doesn't seem to be any google TV boxes that have android 4.2.2 on them yet.

Is there any device that supports prime and xbmc? I have a Amazon Prime account cause I use amazon a ton, and I don't want to have to get a netflix account on top of that. Im not looking at spending a lot of money, maybe 100-150.
your problem is a software issue, rather than hardware. Try getting amazon prime to work on a pc on xbmc first.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=164087
Wait for Pivos next box, I believe (but could be wrong) they are doing a proper AndroidTV box the official successor to GoogleTV due in 2014. Pivos are certifying their box with Netflix, Hulu and Amazon, see the thread in the xios forums.

If that is the case that will get you amazon prime and XBMC (Pivos brand their version of XBMC as Tofu).
(2013-12-31, 09:20)joelbaby Wrote: your problem is a software issue, rather than hardware. Try getting amazon prime to work on a pc on xbmc first.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=164087

Umm...not really. I'm looking for a hardware device that supports Prime and XBMC. Currently the only thing that would do that is a PC, which would be more than my price range to set up nicely for a proper home theater set up. My only software problem is that Amazon doesn't make Instant Video software for anything but a handful of devices, and none of them support XBMC outside of the iphone as far as I know.

(2013-12-31, 14:19)Starstream Wrote: Wait for Pivos next box, I believe (but could be wrong) they are doing a proper AndroidTV box the official successor to GoogleTV due in 2014. Pivos are certifying their box with Netflix, Hulu and Amazon, see the thread in the xios forums.

If that is the case that will get you amazon prime and XBMC (Pivos brand their version of XBMC as Tofu).

Yeah, like I said my ideal solution would be a Google TV (Android TV) box, I guess I'll just have to wait for the next round of them to come out.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Searching for XMBC/Prime solution0