• 5(current)
AMLogic hardware video decoding in nightly builds
I have a problem with sound on HD videos.Sound lags a bit behind what you see in video and this lag more and more during playback.
(2014-01-11, 08:45)VictorDUA Wrote: No. If amlogic enable I don't have picture at all only sound. Player do not switch to full screen and when I try to play movie it's played background and only sound. If I manually switch full screen I have black screen and sound. When I turn amlogic off - everything fine except HW.

Same box same problem. Hoping for a solution.
(2014-01-25, 19:44)Eskimo Wrote:
(2014-01-11, 08:45)VictorDUA Wrote: No. If amlogic enable I don't have picture at all only sound. Player do not switch to full screen and when I try to play movie it's played background and only sound. If I manually switch full screen I have black screen and sound. When I turn amlogic off - everything fine except HW.

Same box same problem. Hoping for a solution.

I have a Top Hat TV, same problem :-(.
wrong device permissions, contact your vendor.
(2014-01-27, 06:38)davilla Wrote: wrong device permissions, contact your vendor.

Thanks for taking time and answering. Does "wrong device permission" mean the same as, that the box need to be rooted. Because I have tried almost every firmware out the droid box,acemax and matricom. But acemax have one that is rooted that I haven't tried it yet.
no, if the device permissions are fixed by the vendor, you don't have to be rooted. But if you are rooted, you can fix them yourself.
Thanks Ned for the info.
Is there any tutorial or something that explains how to do this on a rooted device?
(2014-01-28, 06:36)Schlash Wrote: Thanks Ned for the info.
Is there any tutorial or something that explains how to do this on a rooted device?

ಠ_ಠ 

I haven't even posted in this thread for weeks. How on earth do you confuse Davilla and me up?
Oops Sorry about that Ned, guess I shouldn't post before my morning coffee :-(..My bad..
Nah, it's cool. I know that people often have my name on their mind because I'm so dang handsome.
Hi all, first time poster here. First off I just want to say thanks to the XBMC team for working on this android build. I bought a Bluetimes MX5 box back in August and it quickly ended up in the closet gathering dust until about a week ago when I found out about the recent nightly builds of XBMC.

I've been watching hours of 720p .mkv files over Samba shares through wifi on the latest nightly builds. So far it's been almost perfect. I have been experiencing the same issue as others though, that is that the audio quite often lags behind the video by up to a second, sometimes more on the rare occasion. I do notice what looks like frame skipping as well, but it's usually fairly minor, at least to my eyes.

EDIT: Just did the "press O" during playback, for a 28 minute 720p .mkv video, about 3000 frames were skipped.
Davilla or anyone that can help,
An explanation as to how to change device permissions to fix the black screen when hardware acceleration is enabled would be very nice for us guys with this problem and have rooted devices.
As you probably know often Vendors are of little assistance, especially if you are doing anything that is even slightly different to what was originally supplied.

Anyhoo keep up the good work!
Strange. I remember seeing code which adapts the permissions automatically on rooted devices...
If I remember correctly when installing it asked for root access a few times which I gave it.
Could you check if your "su" is in "/system/xbin/su" and if your permissions are according to https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/blob/8eb49b...s.cpp#L130 ?
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
AMLogic hardware video decoding in nightly builds1