• 6(current)
AMLogic hardware video decoding in nightly builds
10x for the info Koying.
I am at work now so when I get home I will check what you suggested.

All the best!
you have "/sys/class" permissions which the xbmc code will take care of if you are rooted, (you have su binary). There are also device permissions in /dev/am* that might need tweaking. Basically, you really need to bug the crap out of your vendor to get these permissions fixes so that XBMC can access the required resources.

It's not really XBMC's job to be tweaking permissions of firmware devices.
Hey dudes,

I bought a AML8726-MX Android TV stick that didn't have XBMC pre-installed (see http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=185102). When I used the latest xbmc-12.3-Frodo-armeabi-v7a.apk release, I encountered video codec issues - which I expected. I found this thread (thankfully) and installed the latest nightly build xbmc-20140131-a4342cf-master-armeabi-v7a.apk. Now the video play is better (SD and HD) - but I can only load a few add-ons - whereas others say dependencies aren't met. The dependencies weren't an issue when I used the official XBMC release.

Can anyone offer some help with the situation?

Thanks.
(2014-02-01, 19:42)superfreak79 Wrote: Hey dudes,

I bought a AML8726-MX Android TV stick that didn't have XBMC pre-installed (see http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=185102). When I used the latest xbmc-12.3-Frodo-armeabi-v7a.apk release, I encountered video codec issues - which I expected. I found this thread (thankfully) and installed the latest nightly build xbmc-20140131-a4342cf-master-armeabi-v7a.apk. Now the video play is better (SD and HD) - but I can only load a few add-ons (e.g., Mash-Up) whereas others (e.g., ProjectFreeTV and many others) say dependencies aren't met. The dependencies weren't an issue when I used the official XBMC release.

Can anyone offer some help with the situation?

Thanks.

no we can't and won't help.
those are piracy which is not supported here
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2014-02-01, 19:47)Martijn Wrote: no we can't and won't help.

I respect that. Can I rephrase the question? Some of the XBMC addons won't install properly on the nightly build - whereas they would on the official release.

You're welcome to edit or delete my earlier post.
(2014-02-01, 20:06)superfreak79 Wrote:
(2014-02-01, 19:47)Martijn Wrote: no we can't and won't help.

I respect that. Can I rephrase the question? Some of the XBMC addons won't install properly on the nightly build - whereas they would on the official release.

You're welcome to edit or delete my earlier post.

thats pretty normal as well dude Smile if the authors of the plugins have not undated them for the new versions then they wont work Smile
Hello everybody!

On friday I got my g18ref - MX Box, installed the latest XBMC gotham nightly and noticed that with AMCODEC enabled I don't get dvd menus with still images - only animated menus are displayed.
But when I disable AMCODEC I also get the menus with still-images...

Here are my logfiles:
AMCODEC disabled - menu is displayed
AMCODEC enabled - menu is NOT displayed

The most interesting part is that I have exactly the same problem on my raspberry pi... maybe the reason is always the same?

Any ideas?

And I also notice a lot of skipped frames during playback with amcodec enabled, when it's disabled no skipped frames are displayed in the 'o' overlay information.
HI i am not sure if i am doing someting wrong .. would help if any of you guys can help
I have an Amkette Evotv - its the mot poppular android media plyer in india. Arm cortex A9 1 Ghx, 1 gb ram , ICS .

i have been having problems with the v12 stable RC that i released on the XBMC website as it does not start and times when it does you get he first time run screen and then a blnk screen . other times it just crashes as soon as you click on the icon.

Now i tried installing a nightly build 31012014 this worked fine to start with but then everytime i clicked on the icon it did the first time run and a lot of times i got the blank screen after that .. i am not sure what could be the problem here

Please help if there i any setting that i need to do / change to make it work .
If it's Amlogic based you need to install a nightly build from January, preferably of the more recent builds.
Just installed 07-Feb-2014 alpha, and it actually works! Hardware is a Tophat TV. The only significant thing that I did was to allow XBMC SU access. So far it is playing every file that I can throw at it.
Just want to note something I noticed while trying all different ROMs for my MX box that I could find:

with the latest DroidBox (13012014) and Matricom 1.1.5 I also had the problem that only sound was present during playback, but no video.

And I tried everything regarding the permission to the necessary folders but with those ROMs I never got the video playback to work - but there's one thing special in those firmwares: theres a 'video2' directory available - to be more specific '/sys/class/video2/...' and I think this might be the problem in those firmwares - probably playback would work if XBMC would use this directory instead of the '/sys/class/video/...' one?

But who cares when there are newer ROMs available and everything is working with them as expected (for example the Matricom 1.1.6 or 1.1.7alpha) Wink

Any news on the issue with the dvd-menu not shown when using amcodec enabled? Just tried the last nightly and this bug is still present..
/sys/class/video2 is not the answer you seek Smile
Well - it was just a guess as this 'video2' dir is not available on the roms where video-playback is working Wink

Another question: does it make sense to open a bug report for the dvd-menu problem on trac? I don't want to create some kind of cross posting, but on the other hand it would also be great if someone could fix it, at the moment I'm not sure if I need to create a bug report or not.
(2014-02-10, 20:09)nalor Wrote: Well - it was just a guess as this 'video2' dir is not available on the roms where video-playback is working Wink

Another question: does it make sense to open a bug report for the dvd-menu problem on trac? I don't want to create some kind of cross posting, but on the other hand it would also be great if someone could fix it, at the moment I'm not sure if I need to create a bug report or not.

is payback working well ? or is it working with a 0.25 audio delay and skipped frames ?
@epicdsl: when I tried with amlogic hardware decoding enabled I noticed a lot of dropped frames and at some point I also noticed an audio delay, but a few minutes later audio and video where in sync again, so I'm not sure if maybe the video itself had an error or if it is because of the error with the 0.25 delay.
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
AMLogic hardware video decoding in nightly builds1