• 9(current)
AMLogic hardware video decoding in nightly builds
guitarbug, I don't know about the "root part" of your question because my box is rooted but 13 does indeed play in full screen.
Amazon FireTV stick 4k Max
(worst device ever for running Kodi on...)

Kodi 20 Nexus
gone temporarily back to Kodi 19.5 due to Nexus subtitles font issues
(2014-05-03, 12:36)john3voltas Wrote: guitarbug, I don't know about the "root part" of your question because my box is rooted but 13 does indeed play in full screen.
john,
thanks for your comments.
my TV box is amlogic8726-mx based and come with android 4.2.2,i did not find a way to root it,so i must run xbmc in my un-rooted box.
actually,after box startup,when i play a video the first time ,xbmc 13 can in full screen,
but if i watch some online video, then use xbmc to play video,xbmc 13 can not in full screen anymore,unless i reboot the box.
with the same reproduce steps,xbmc 12 did not get this issue.

the key point of this issue in xbmc13 is:
if you always use xbmc play video,it's all fine,full screen always.
BUT,if you play some video use other player(such as the player come with android),then use xbmc to play video ,the issue happening.Sad
did someone get same issue?
(2014-05-02, 16:32)epicdsl Wrote: The devices don't need to be rooted as per say.. But the people who make your box who created your ROM need to have given correct permissions to certain files.. Those files are listed earlier in the thread.. Having a rooted device is goo because you can fix the permissions to those files your self.. If your device is having playback issues .. ask the maker of your box for rooted ROM.. If not find custom firmware on the net that is rooted for your device hope this helps mate

I've a device with root access and xbmc 13.1 runs well, but I always need to change the permissions for /dev/am* files with a new reboot. Anyway to fix this?
I have product called Ditter U29 AML8726-MX, I have the same audio sync problem but fixed with 666 permissions

I unpack boot.img from my device and in file called init.amlogic.rc appear much chmod 0664 to /sys/class/*:

Code:
chmod 0664 /sys/class/tsync/pts_video
chmod 0664 /sys/class/tsync/pts_audio
chmod 0664 /sys/class/tsync/pts_pcrscr
chmod 0664 /sys/class/tsync/event
chmod 0664 /sys/class/tsync/mode
chmod 0664 /sys/class/tsync/av_threshold_min
chmod 0664 /sys/class/tsync/av_threshold_max
chmod 0664 /sys/class/tsync/enable
chmod 0664 /sys/class/video/blackout_policy
chmod 0664 /sys/class/video/screen_mode
chmod 0664 /sys/class/video/axis
chmod 0664 /sys/class/video/disable_video
chmod 0664 /sys/class/video/zoom
and much more

For this cause, You can't change permissions on every boot with INIT.D enabled and script on /etc/init.d because this execute script before boot.img change permissions

INIT.D script permissions -> boot.img permissions -> Load Android

But you only need change permissions on:

Code:
chmod 666 /sys/class/video/axis
chmod 666 /sys/class/video/screen_mode
chmod 666 /sys/class/video/disable_video
chmod 666 /sys/class/tsync/pts_pcrscr
chmod 666 /sys/class/audiodsp/digital_raw

For change permissions on boot device, There are two ways:

Easy (Need ROOT):

Follow this tutorial: http://www.technohunk.com/2013/02/how-to...t-android/

But on script name put amlogic and put this content:

Code:
#!/system/bin/sh

Reboot and presto, change permissions correctly!

SManager run script after load Android and change permissions after boot.img

boot.img permissions -> Load Android -> SManager run script for change permissions

Hard:
Unpack boot.img, Open file called init.amlogic.rc and change this lines to chmod 666:

Code:
chmod 664 /sys/class/video/axis
chmod 664 /sys/class/video/screen_mode
chmod 664 /sys/class/video/disable_video
chmod 664 /sys/class/tsync/pts_pcrscr
chmod 664 /sys/class/audiodsp/digital_raw

Before this, Flash boot.img with CWM or flash_image binary from Rockchip devices (Yes, Work on Amlogic devices)

I recommend to use EASY step for avoid dead your device

For developers this is complete init.amlogic.rc: http://pastebin.com/8r3jya11
(2014-08-04, 02:17)bass305 Wrote: I have product called Ditter U29 AML8726-MX, I have the same audio sync problem but fixed with 666 permissions

I unpack boot.img from my device and in file called init.amlogic.rc appear much chmod 0664 to /sys/class/*:

Code:
chmod 0664 /sys/class/tsync/pts_video
chmod 0664 /sys/class/tsync/pts_audio
chmod 0664 /sys/class/tsync/pts_pcrscr
chmod 0664 /sys/class/tsync/event
chmod 0664 /sys/class/tsync/mode
chmod 0664 /sys/class/tsync/av_threshold_min
chmod 0664 /sys/class/tsync/av_threshold_max
chmod 0664 /sys/class/tsync/enable
chmod 0664 /sys/class/video/blackout_policy
chmod 0664 /sys/class/video/screen_mode
chmod 0664 /sys/class/video/axis
chmod 0664 /sys/class/video/disable_video
chmod 0664 /sys/class/video/zoom
and much more

For this cause, You can't change permissions on every boot with INIT.D enabled and script on /etc/init.d because this execute script before boot.img change permissions

INIT.D script permissions -> boot.img permissions -> Load Android

But you only need change permissions on:

Code:

For change permissions on boot device, There are two ways:

Easy (Need ROOT):

Follow this tutorial: http://www.technohunk.com/2013/02/how-to...t-android/

But on script name put amlogic and put this content:

Code:
#!/system/bin/sh

Reboot and presto, change permissions correctly!

SManager run script after load Android and change permissions after boot.img

boot.img permissions -> Load Android -> SManager run script for change permissions

Hard:
Unpack boot.img, Open file called init.amlogic.rc and change this lines to chmod 666:

Code:
chmod 664 /sys/class/video/axis
chmod 664 /sys/class/video/screen_mode
chmod 664 /sys/class/video/disable_video
chmod 664 /sys/class/tsync/pts_pcrscr
chmod 664 /sys/class/audiodsp/digital_raw

Before this, Flash boot.img with CWM or flash_image binary from Rockchip devices (Yes, Work on Amlogic devices)

I recommend to use EASY step for avoid dead your device

For developers this is complete init.amlogic.rc: http://pastebin.com/8r3jya11

My device is rooted and I see XBMC applying these permissions at boot, so then I don't need smanager right? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i4tynXxOP64
My XBMC / Kodi history.
XBMC for XBOX -> XBMC for Windows -> XBMC for Android -> Kodi for Android - > Kodi v16 OE (Amlogic) -> Kodi v17 LE (NUC 2x) -> Kodi v18.5 LE (NUC 2x)
@lexi81, Is a easy guide for beginner user, I apply permission directly on boot.img and flash on my device, Not need anymore scripts or tweak XBMC for apply permissions, And mod on boot.img remaiting before reset android to factory mode
Hi, how to unpack and repack boot.img on Windows?
I install stane's xbmc and start it up once and it asks for supersu permission and I grant that and then I just exit. Now, doing this brings the video back in SPMC. The reason I want to use SPMC is that it plays some 1080P movies flawlessly, with Stane's or Oman's xbmc the video freezes after 10minutes, which doesn't happen with SPMC. However, after reboot, there's again no video in SPMC.

If they fixed the case changing the permissions on startup of SPMC, then it should work ok. The older two versions were working ok as well, you just had to start xbmc first to change the permissions or some system files etc., that's why it would want root access to the device. However, SPMC never asked for the root access and thus never changed the permissions to allow it to work properly.

Is there something I can do to fix this instead of installing stane's xbmc? Are there any permissions etc., that I need to change? Please help.
(2014-09-06, 05:36)yake Wrote: I install stane's xbmc and start it up once and it asks for supersu permission and I grant that and then I just exit. Now, doing this brings the video back in SPMC. The reason I want to use SPMC is that it plays some 1080P movies flawlessly, with Stane's or Oman's xbmc the video freezes after 10minutes, which doesn't happen with SPMC. However, after reboot, there's again no video in SPMC.

If they fixed the case changing the permissions on startup of SPMC, then it should work ok. The older two versions were working ok as well, you just had to start xbmc first to change the permissions or some system files etc., that's why it would want root access to the device. However, SPMC never asked for the root access and thus never changed the permissions to allow it to work properly.

Is there something I can do to fix this instead of installing stane's xbmc? Are there any permissions etc., that I need to change? Please help.

It shouldn't be fixed in SPMC. It should be fixed in Firmware. I can already tell you, the permission part will be stripped out of Kodi in the future.
My XBMC / Kodi history.
XBMC for XBOX -> XBMC for Windows -> XBMC for Android -> Kodi for Android - > Kodi v16 OE (Amlogic) -> Kodi v17 LE (NUC 2x) -> Kodi v18.5 LE (NUC 2x)
(2014-09-06, 10:11)lexi81 Wrote:
(2014-09-06, 05:36)yake Wrote: I install stane's xbmc and start it up once and it asks for supersu permission and I grant that and then I just exit. Now, doing this brings the video back in SPMC. The reason I want to use SPMC is that it plays some 1080P movies flawlessly, with Stane's or Oman's xbmc the video freezes after 10minutes, which doesn't happen with SPMC. However, after reboot, there's again no video in SPMC.

It shouldn't be fixed in SPMC. It should be fixed in Firmware. I can already tell you, the permission part will be stripped out of Kodi in the future.
Finally..its work with KODI alpha 3..just setting display resolution for 1080p in setting menu..thx
  • 9(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
AMLogic hardware video decoding in nightly builds1