TV Shows by date and Special Episodes
Hey all!
Sorry if this was covered before but a search un-earthed similar questions but no real answers. I figure someone must have sorted this out.

I have a few shows like WWE Raw, MOTD, etc which are downloaded with the date aired in their name rather than a season/episode number. I use "TheRenamer" and while it seems to make an effort it doesn't seem to be able to rename them correctly so the directory for that show looks empty in XBMC even though files exist.

The second scenario (but less important) is special episodes. For example Top Gear might air 6 episodes in a season but then a Christmas special which isn't categorized into the previous season.

So...
I have no worries whipping up some scripts if needed but what I don't really know is HOW XBMC expects these sort of episodes to be named or if there's something other than "TheRenamer" which can do the job.
So I don't need anyone to write a script or anything for me, I just need to figure out how to get these to show up in XBMC.

Any help is much appreciated! Thank you!
The special episodes are season 0 you can name your files like

Regular
S01e01
1x1

Special
S00e01
0x1

In therenamer make sure you select thetvdb instead IMDB
Xbmc take the information from tvdb

Take a look here
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Vid...ming_files
Thanks, thats great.
TheRenamer still complains it can't find the title but XBMC is reading the episodes as specials now so that's good.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TV Shows by date and Special Episodes0