Charset font for Hebrew missing?
hello to you all!
this my first post i just wanted to say that i love xbmc i will start to translate to hebrew as soon as i can (the version on right is allitle old) but there seem to have a problem with the charset there only 2 (iso and windows) charset in xbmc and becuse of that i am unable to read hebrew (song names etc,) is there anyway to add other charset? (eg: iso-visual) i wonder...

thank you all in advance!
to read hebrew you need to have a unicode arial.ttf font, select this front in the skin settings, change the language to hebrew and the code page to hebrew, and you are set.

at least this works if you mean hebrew in the interface. i havent tested this with hebrew filenames but i think that wouldnt be any different. (also im not sure about diacritics either).

the unicode arial.ttf is bundled with office 2000 (arial-uni.ttf) and many games in their 'media' folder (must be part of the xdk).

-ast

Asteron Wrote:to readselect this front in the skin settings, change the language to hebrew and the code page to hebrew, and you are set.
-ast

I'm using the linux-port version, i have arial.ttf unicode for my language.
Where exactly i put the font file ? can i do the change after i compile the code as well ?
^
I found how to change it.
The font Arial.ttf that comes with XBMC is good enough for showing Hebrew font, no need to get the Arial.ttf from windows.
Settings -> Appearance ->Look and Feel , chaning the Skin Font to 'Arial TTF new'.
Settings -> Appearance ->Region, change the Language to hebrew.
The Charset is set on Default and i dont see how it effect the font.

Doing those action will show hebrew on the menus, file names, Rss. but the Rss will move from the right side of the screen (as it should for LTR languages) and not from the left side (as for RTL).

i read here - http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=13230 aobut a guy that trying to solve it.
Hi, thanks for the tips!
I'm hoping you could advise re the following problem:
The names of Hebrew files located in a share on my WinXP PC, are displayed properly in the XBMC Filemanager; however the names of Hebrew files located on my Linkstation NAS, still appear as Latin characters in the XBMC filemanager.
I have no problem reading the file names correctly when accessing the NAS from the PC - it's only when viewing them from the XBMC.

Any ideas?
Londoner Wrote:Hi, thanks for the tips!
I'm hoping you could advise re the following problem:
The names of Hebrew files located in a share on my WinXP PC, are displayed properly in the XBMC Filemanager; however the names of Hebrew files located on my Linkstation NAS, still appear as Latin characters in the XBMC filemanager.
I have no problem reading the file names correctly when accessing the NAS from the PC - it's only when viewing them from the XBMC.

Any ideas?
Update: it seems that the problem is only with the directories' and sub-directories' Hebrew names; once I select such directory as a source e.g., for music, the files inside (including those in sub-dirs) are scanned and appear in Hebrew just fine...

Is there a difference between the character encoding of directory names and file names??

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Charset font for Hebrew missing?1