Help with fixing/removing specific artwork (movie "thumbs")
I'm hoping someone can help me clean up some artwork in my current Frodo database...

All of my movies that were scanned to my library with earlier versions of XBMC (Eden and earlier) show 3 items when I go into "Extras... Choose Artwork", I see:

-poster
-fanart
-thumb

All of my more recent movies that were scanned since upgrading to Frodo a while back only show 2 items:

-poster
-fanart

What I'm finding is that the older entries that have the extra "thumb" (which appears to be simply a single frame screencapture from the movie) cause problems with some skins, and on remote machines when accessing the library via UPNP... in those cases, the proper posters do not display, but the thumb (screencap) is displayed instead. On all of the more recent entries that have only the 2 proper items (poster and fanart), the poster displays correctly everywhere.

Is there a simple way to get rid of the extra "thumb" for all of the older movies (2000+) without rescanning the whole library which would both take considerable time, and also lose a lot of my carefully selected artwork which I really don't want to do?

Or is there a setting somewhere in XBMC that I can enable to tell it to ignore these extra thumbs?

Many thanks
The REAL Joe
Maybe this? Texture Cache Maintenance utility (wiki)
Actually you need to edit the video database. Assuming you NEVER want a "thumb" type for anything other than episodes, you want

delete from art where art_type='thumb' and media_type != 'episode';

Disclaimer: This may well eliminate art you actually do want, so think carefully before doing it. Also, make sure you sanity check the SQL, this is from memory.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Help with fixing/removing specific artwork (movie "thumbs")0