Pivos xios help please
Hi. I'm having no luck finding an answer to problem anywhere. So maybe you guys can help. I have pivos xios M3. From my understanding it's a android. I bought it new with xmbc on it but it's version 12.0. It also has the os on it as well. I been trying to figure out how to upgrade it to the latest software 12.3. How do i?
My knowledge to these don't go very far yet but I'm learning quickly. But still tell me how to get this accomplished like your talking to a five year old

Now what I manage to screw up so far lol. I was getting desperate to figure this out so I went the and robing os and went to the update button. Well the updated it but I lost xbmc. And everything on the os when open just comes up with errors. But I did go into my memory card and was able to install 12.0 xbmc. I tried to download the 12.3 off the main home page of this website and do it the same way. But no luck. Can I get some help please
i think you're better off using the build that's included in the pivos. i don't think they are ready to put 12.3 on it yet.
Nightly builds (wiki) are a bit experimental still, but run fantastically on my XIOS. No special build needed anymore since Dec 30th. Lots of little speed improvements, and now running the XIOS on Android is actually very usable.
It is definitely best to go with the Pivos builds. 12.3 hasn't been released yet but work is being done on it. For the most up to date build see:

http://www.pivosforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=2967

If you have a Pivos product you should spend your time on the Pivos forum.
Ok. I will just wait than. I was hoping to get it installed so I could use my iphone as a remot. For some reason I couldn't do it with version 12.0
(2014-01-03, 04:29)Scott00007 Wrote: It is definitely best to go with the Pivos builds. 12.3 hasn't been released yet but work is being done on it. For the most up to date build see:

http://www.pivosforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=2967

If you have a Pivos product you should spend your time on the Pivos forum.

Not anymore. Nightly builds (wiki), check it out for yourself.
This is not an official Pivos forum so one needs to be very careful listening to the opinions posted here. Pivos has official support and that is much more valuable than casual user input you will find here.

Don't get sucked into the idea that nightly builds are some how better than the Pivos official releases. Only the Pivos builds are optimized for the hardware.

Remember @Azsxdcfv a lot of posts doesn't mean anyone knows what they are talking about.
(2014-01-04, 02:57)Scott00007 Wrote: This is not an official Pivos forum so one needs to be very careful listening to the opinions posted here. Pivos has official support and that is much more valuable than casual user input you will find here.

Don't get sucked into the idea that nightly builds are some how better than the Pivos official releases. Only the Pivos builds are optimized for the hardware.

Remember @Azsxdcfv a lot of posts doesn't mean anyone knows what they are talking about.

Excuse me?

I'm an official XBMC Team member, and I'm telling you that that you are wrong. The very people Pivos employes to work on XBMC have enabled full hardware video decoding in nightly builds, because they are also official Team XBMC members. Those guys have a year's worth of improvements available right now in the nightly builds. The same people. If you want to talk about what is more official or not, there is only one place for Official versions of XBMC, and that has always been XBMC.org.

But hey, what do I know, I've only been using a Pivos XIOS myself daily since installing nightly builds, verifying it with my own eyes. Right now the nightly builds are far superior to the v12 builds directly from Pivos.
Ned scott, as an official team member and as Pivos is an officially supported platform , maybe you can answer the following

Where is at least a 12.2 official build for pivos on Linux or android for pivos? Maybe even a stable working 12.2 would suffice. All I have found is full of bugs.
My pivos units remain unused as a result. Please do not tell me about nightly bugware.

I read elsewhere that pivos will not be supported platform for Gotham. Is this true?

With the above issues maybe Team xbmc should be more careful about saying what is an officially supported product. As officially supported products should have prompt updates.

(2014-01-04, 02:57)Scott00007 Wrote: This is not an official Pivos forum so one needs to be very careful listening to the opinions posted here. Pivos has official support and that is much more valuable than casual user input you will find here.

Correct me If I am wrong and do send links but I think the last pivos stable version was 12.0 the rest are not official builds. Pivos is failing in its promise. As an officially supported platform we deserve the latest xbmc versions without delay
Pivos is not a platform, it's a company.
The platforms we support that Pivos also does are Linux and Android.

As of last week, and thanks to Pivos, our Android builds also support hardware acceleration on Amlogic soc's, which are the ones used by the Pivos boxes. So you can indifferently use our nightly builds (Gotham) or Pivos official builds (Frodo) on Pivos Android.

AFAIK, Pivos does not use a distro-based Linux, so you have to use their firmware to use XBMC on Linux, and request support from their forums.
If the Pivos box boots directly into XBMC, you are using the Linux, firmware-based, one, and we cannot provide support for this one.
(2014-01-04, 17:23)tekno Wrote: I read elsewhere that pivos will not be supported platform for Gotham. Is this true?

You read wrong Smile
(2014-01-04, 19:04)Koying Wrote: Pivos is not a platform, it's a company.
The platforms we support that Pivos also does are Linux and Android.

As of last week, and thanks to Pivos, our Android builds also support hardware acceleration on Amlogic soc's, which are the ones used by the Pivos boxes. So you can indifferently use our nightly builds (Gotham) or Pivos official builds (Frodo) on Pivos Android.

AFAIK, Pivos does not use a distro-based Linux, so you have to use their firmware to use XBMC on Linux, and request support from their forums.
If the Pivos box boots directly into XBMC, you are using the Linux, firmware-based, one, and we cannot provide support for this one.

Use whatever language you want. Pivos is a hardware platform that runs Linux or android , just like the raspberry pi is a hardware platform, in my opinion. In either case however the Pivos box states "official platform for xbmc (with xbmc logo)". Well My 50 dollar tablet runs android and it is not XBMC compatible as the GUI runs too slow. That manufacturer would be hard pressed to make such a claim on the packaging , so why would pivos be allowed to when they have no current official version? Only because they had an official build 3 versions ago and share in some of the same common xbmc devs?

Here again "official builds" lag behind 3 bugfix versions. All I see is 12.0 and the xbmc 12.3 android official apk does not use hardware acceleration on pivos thus ,leaving the user with nightly bugware or old outdated versions. This is where the real issue lies.

BTW it was last week more or less that the android 12.3 apk appeared but it does not support hardware acceleration on Pivos.

YES WE NEED OFFICIAL XBMC 12.3 SUPPORT ON PIVOS OR PIVOS SHOULD NOT BE ALLOWED TO USE THE XBMC LOGO!

As I understand it Pivos will be abandoned for gotham releases so it would be best to nip the problem in the bud now
sigh...
If you compare the bugs in v12 to the bugs in the latest nightly builds, I think the average user would find the v13 nightly builds to be more stable and have much better performance. The main issues keeping v13 from being "beta" right now don't even apply to the Android build. XBMC for Android has had over a year of additional improvements, and that's mostly stuff that could not be backported into the bugfix releases. Those bugfix releases are only bugfixes that are minor enough to apply cleanly to the old v12 build.

I'm calling you out on this, try a nightly build (wiki) for yourself and see.

Quote:As I understand it Pivos will be abandoned for gotham releases so it would be best to nip the problem in the bud now

You are wrong. XBMC v13 "Gotham" will run 100% on the Pivos XIOS. The fact that they went out of their way to enable amlcodec in default builds indicates the total opposite of dropping support. The fact that they don't have to specifically make an XBMC version with the AMLcodec flag is a big deal for XIOS support. It means the XIOS gets to use official builds, just like every other OS that we support. What you are saying is like if someone said XBMC has no Windows support because Microsoft doesn't go out of their way to make a special Windows version of XBMC.

I don't care if you like the Pivos XIOS or not. I don't care if you feel you've been ripped off or not. I really don't care if they use the XBMC logo or not. Just because they don't release on your schedule doesn't mean they didn't live up to their promises. If you want to complain about not getting a bugfix release for the XIOS so you can stay on v12, go tell Pivos directly. Before you do, ask yourself these questions:

Is v12 suddenly shit just because there is v12.3?

What if Team XBMC had decided to not make any bugfix releases this year, then would the XIOS have been any more or less of a good deal?

Do you know that Team XBMC makes release decisions independently of Pivos?

Shouldn't the fact that Pivos decided to spend more time on long term development and support make you feel more secure about investing in an XIOS?
Agreed wit Ned.
To summarize, go bother Pivos. They're paid to support people like you.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Pivos xios help please0