How to generate a video library without internet connection?
Question 
It seems when I add a video source, and I choose that they are "movies" for what the directory contains, a scraper is required. The issue is that I dont have an internet connection on that machine. How do I generate a library/movies section when I dont want to use a scraper that uses the internet.
If you have an nfo file for each movie it should scrape them without the internet being necessary.
(2014-01-03, 20:06)Vaikin Wrote: If you have an nfo file for each movie it should scrape them without the internet being necessary.

I just made some dummy nfo files for 2 movie folders, added the new source dir, and it scraped just fine without the internet connection and generated the library. But what if a person was to add a dir that has 100 movies and they dont have nfo files. Is there a method to handle this or would a person need to make a script that makes nfo files for reach folder based off folder names and place the nfo file in each movie directory.
Can you clarify? Does this machine never had a connection?
There are media managers, search the wiki, that will make NFOs.
Are you opposed to scrapers ever or just on this machine?
I put my family videos in XBMC and created a script to mass make NFOs.
Search first, provide details and keep forums clean. Mark things solved, to close them out and acknowledge helpful volunteers who share. If I have helped, click the plus button.
(2014-01-03, 21:20)transcender Wrote: Can you clarify? Does this machine never had a connection?
There are media managers, search the wiki, that will make NFOs.
Are you opposed to scrapers ever or just on this machine?
I put my family videos in XBMC and created a script to mass make NFOs.

This machine will never have an internet connection. I am not opposed to scrapers, it just seems like they all require an internet connection.
How else would it work?
Search first, provide details and keep forums clean. Mark things solved, to close them out and acknowledge helpful volunteers who share. If I have helped, click the plus button.
(2014-01-03, 22:10)transcender Wrote: How else would it work?

I dont need the poster/images/movie-info, I just need a library section to be made. When you add a source directory that is movies, it makes a library section on the home screen under Videos and adds a Movies section too. Thats what I need as I am using the web interface and in order to see a list of movies when you tap Movies at the top right from the default web remote, it has to be a library.

It seems I need a script that will generate NFO files for each movie directory that will be like:

<movie>
<title>Batman</title>
</movie>
There are media managers that will make the nfo file for you. Take a look at MediaElch or Ember Media Manager.
HP Stream Mini w/Libreelec -> HDMI -> Toshiba 37"
Intel NUC8i3BEH w/Libreelec -> HDMI -> LG OLED55C3PUA -> S/PDIF -> Sony HT-CT80
Dell Optiplex 7050 Micro w/Libreelec -> HDMI -> Yamaha RX-V467 -> HDMI -> Toshiba 47L7200U
Ok while this is a bit clearer its not for me at the same time.
If you are indifferent to pulling imagery and contextual information about a title;
You suggest you can make a very minimal NFO, just curious, what is the difference from the Filelist view and having anything in your 'library' and you are looking for? I think things like watched/resume status still work w/o library mode.

Regardless, scripting what you suggest should be accomplished w/o too much issue I imagine.
You could either 'scrape' the file/folder name in your script or create a template NFO like your post and just sub the variable for whatever the others are.

(2014-01-03, 22:14)coldoffice Wrote:

I dont need the poster/images/movie-info, I just need a library section to be made. When you add a source directory that is movies, it makes a library section on the home screen under Videos and adds a Movies section too. Thats what I need as I am using the web interface and in order to see a list of movies when you tap Movies at the top right from the default web remote, it has to be a library.

It seems I need a script that will generate NFO files for each movie directory that will be like:

<movie>
<title>Batman</title>
</movie>
(2014-01-03, 22:14)coldoffice Wrote:

<movie>
<title>Batman</title>
</movie>

that's a pretty trivial bash script. Just do it.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Why not just access all these files under Videos -> Files? If you don't need the metadata, that would basically give you the same thing.
(2014-01-04, 04:22)Ned Scott Wrote: Why not just access all these files under Videos -> Files? If you don't need the metadata, that would basically give you the same thing.
I don't think you can do that under the web interface.

Which kinda makes me wonder, the machine clearly has a network connection (or the web interface would be pointless) and the OP clearly has an internet connection (or he couldn't post here), so why not make the internet connection available to xbmc and let it do what it is good at (scraping movie info).
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Home Row and AWXi web interface add-ons can access files.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to generate a video library without internet connection?0