• 5(current)
Release Amazon Prime + Chrome Launcher (Win,OSX,Linux)
@Bedwyr

Look at the controls on the first page. The flash on their site only accepts the standard keyboard controls.

Up/Down = VolumnUp/VolumnDown
Left/Right = SeekLeft/SeekRight
Spacebar = Pause/Play
Enjoy my work? Check out my other projects.

XBMC Add-ons

Android Games
Oh I'm so sorry; that shows I wasn't paying attention. I apologize.
I'm another user trying to install this w/ Gotham, the Ubuntu 20140104 build. I'm able to install the ESPN3 app but the Amazon app says incompatible due to missing dependency. Is it possible to work around this w/o downgrading to Frodo?
(2014-01-13, 20:30)Ar-Kane Wrote: I have a problem .... in XBMC 13 all it says is its incompatible but if i downgrade to 12.3 it will install but i get this error

13:24:55 T:2136 ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
- NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
Error Type: <type 'exceptions.ImportError'>
Error Contents: No module named mechanize
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Users\Suyeta\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.amazon\default.py", line 12, in <module>
import resources.lib.common as common
File "C:\Users\Suyeta\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.amazon\resources\lib\common.py", line 6, in <module>
import mechanize
ImportError: No module named mechanize
-->End of Python script error report<--

I, too get this error. There is no module called mechanize installed in the lib directory. There is a script called script.module.mechanize installed, but it doesn't seem that it is accessible at the time the code in common.py attmpts to import it. I'm using Frodo 12.3 and Windows 7 x64.
Ok, I was able to fix this by copying the directory mechanize from the script.module.mechanize/lib to the plugin.video.amazon/resources/lib directory.

Perhaps mechanize is no longer being loaded at runtime on 12.3 because it is being phased out in Gotham?
Excellent plugin. For whatever reason though, when I change the View from List to Thumbnail it doesn't save these settings when I back out and go back into a folder within the Add-On. Not sure if this is a problem with this Add-On, the skin I'm using, or XBMC in general. Thanks!
Is there a way to renew the video list cache? A number of things are appearing that aren't on instant any longer such as Baron Munchausen.
Regarding that last question, Baron Munchausen disappeared but randomly choosing movies I discovered that Battleground should not appear in the list but it is there.

(2014-01-19, 06:59)Romans I XVI Wrote: @Bedwyr

Look at the controls on the first page. The flash on their site only accepts the standard keyboard controls.

Up/Down = VolumnUp/VolumnDown
Left/Right = SeekLeft/SeekRight
Spacebar = Pause/Play

I have updated information on this. It looks like the add on opens the player in normal mode and not full screen mode. Keyboard controls only work in full screen mode and it appears that the player will not respond to 'alt enter'. This may mean that you need a mouse to control the movie in any case.
Very cool, Thanks for putting it together and thanks to the developers of the components. Any thought on when a Gotham release will be ready? Not pushing at all, just curious.

Thanks!
(2014-01-21, 01:18)onlinespending Wrote: Excellent plugin. For whatever reason though, when I change the View from List to Thumbnail it doesn't save these settings when I back out and go back into a folder within the Add-On. Not sure if this is a problem with this Add-On, the skin I'm using, or XBMC in general. Thanks!

Uncheck "enable views"
Great plugin. Any thoughts on when the next update will be available, and what changes it will contain?
HI, I have just intalled it and so far it works great except for one thing. It doesn't seem to pickup the HD version when its available and I do not see a way of manually selecting it ? Any idea why ?

thanks !!
This is so awesome. The only way to control the video playback in windows is through the mouse right now, correct? when you exit you have to alt + tab back to xbmc? Or is there an easier way?
When I pick a video, Chrome launches with the right URL, but then it just says "Could not load Silverlight Plug-In." But NetfliXBMC is working fine, so I don't think it's my Chrome or Chrome Launcher configurations... any ideas?

(2014-02-07, 19:44)Mibuix0r Wrote: This is so awesome. The only way to control the video playback in windows is through the mouse right now, correct? when you exit you have to alt + tab back to xbmc? Or is there an easier way?

I'm also wondering about this... Is there a way to use something like the helper app from NetfliXBMC? It would be nice to have it be able to close Chrome and return to XBMC automatically.

Thanks for putting this together, it's great for my HTPC!
Great add-on, thanks so much for your time and hard work Roman.

I noticed some free prime shows missing from the list of shows, do I need to do the manual sync of the database to stay current or is there any automated sync done that keeps the db sync'ed as amazon adds new content?

For those asking the best way to control the add-on in windows, I can't guarantee you this is the best but this is how I've been doing it. I use a Harmony 650 to control my xbmc setup through a cheapo Rosewill MCE remote I bought on amazon. I created 2 functions, 1 to open/focus XBMC and one with Alt+F4 binded to close the open window as I was having playback issues where it wouldn't go full screen or play automatically if chrome was already open. So I use my button to close the window, then my focus xbmc button to re-open xbmc where I was. Still don't have pause or rewind abilities but its easy to kill it and start again from where I left off using this method and keeping my lazy ass on the couch. I'm sure someone smarter than myself can help with binding keys to a regular MCE remote without the harmony for those without this glorious device.
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Amazon Prime + Chrome Launcher (Win,OSX,Linux)5