Search keeps popping up?
Hi,

Two weeks ago I have upgrade my XBMC 12 to XBMC 12 beta 2 and since this I have the "Search Dialog" issue.
I have collected the log and see that there are some activity of YouTube plugin at the time of popup.
So I suspect that some plugins may cause the issue and not UPNP.
I'm going to disable the YouTube plugin and monitor the system.
After almost two weeks of tests I have no search dialog issue with disabled YouTube plugin.
So It looks like I have found my root cause.
Does it still seem like deleting YouTube is the way to go?
Hi all,

This the team aware of this problem?
Is this a UPnP issue or is it created by the YouTube addon. Having the exact problem and also just switched to a LG TV.

So any update and hopefully a solution would be highly appriciated.
I'm having the same problem, since alpha 6.

Windows 7 64 bit.
UPnP active,
Connected devices: Raspberry Pi, LG TV, Sony TV - some laptops (Lenovo) - some mobilephones and one tablet.

As far as i can tell - it is only video and music addons wich causes the problem. Besides youtube, other addons tricker the bug. Eg. xbmctorrent, DR Bonanza, digitalimported...

Edit:
Tried some more test - and it seems to in the latest stable release, that it is UPnP wich courses the problem. If i turn that function off - the pop-ups stops.
update: Since I turned off UPnP, the pop-ups stopped completely. So thanks for this solution!!!!

I also think it's triggered by the addons like Cliq, Youtube, ... But no hard proof on that.
What UPnP option are you turning off? What other UPnP clients+servers do you have on your network?
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Thanks for this! I have an LG Smart TV, I have the YouTube plugin which is required for other plugins, and I had UPnP enabled. My tablet (Nexus 7 2013) was going crazy with popups. The search would popup then it would "cache" the movie list over and over ... I couldn't even use the interface. I had to try several times (and force stopping) to even get to the interface to turn off UPnP. As soon as I turned it off the problem was solved.

I have setup XBMC Gotham in various betas, etc several times and always reverted back to Frodo because I thought this was some kind of bug with my tablet or Android. I'm so glad to have this resolved enough to continue using XBMC.

This problem doesn't exist in 12... Is there any information I can provide for debugging this further?
"I had UPnP enabled" Which bit? There's multiple UPnP settings (client/server/renderer etc.)
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

(2014-05-06, 10:32)Groopy Wrote: update: Since I turned off UPnP, the pop-ups stopped completely. So thanks for this solution!!!!

I also think it's triggered by the addons like Cliq, Youtube, ... But no hard proof on that.

Excatly - UPnP plus some specific addons triggers the pop-ups.FX YouTube

I have disabled UPnP in XBCM - and is temporaly using the build in version in windows 7

(2014-05-06, 10:32)Groopy Wrote: update: Since I turned off UPnP, the pop-ups stopped completely. So thanks for this solution!!!!

Excatly - UPnP plus some specific addons triggers the pop-ups.FX YouTube

I have disabled UPnP in XBMC - and is temporaly using the build in version in windows 7
In XBMC, I had "Share video and music libraries" and "Look for remote UPnP players" enabled. I did not have "Allow control of XBMC via UPnP" enabled. I'm not aware of any other settings so I'd have to say whatever the defaults are.
I can confirm this behavior of XBMC / UPnP on my Ubuntu box in combination with LG TVs. I have two small, different model LG TVs connected to my network and an older Sony TV connected to the Ubuntu HTPC in the living room. When I turn on one of the LG TVs XBMC goes crazy pressing key combinations, opening the Addon Menu or Search boxes, etc. depending on what XBMC does at that time. If I watch a movie and my wife turns on one of the LG TVs I get search boxes or the addon menu popping up, if I idle in a Menu I get repeated keypresses until I interfere with the mouse or hit any key... it does not stop immediately, but after 20 or 30 pop ups/weird keypresses it finally stops - only to start over again after some time (like 30 minutes maybe?)

Dont really know when this weird behavior started, but I dont remember having those problems when I got the first LG TV two years ago. I used to stream UPNP/DLNA content from XBMC all the time and got a second LG TV later because streaming worked with no hassle on those TVs. I can also assure you guys that the culprit is not buried deep in some crappy LG firmware/software update as I never did one of those on both LG TVs. I had a really hard time finding the reason for this weird behavior, but if I disable UPNP in XBMC the symptoms disappear. Once activated xbmc goes berzerk again if I turn on one of the LGs.

Is there any way I can contribute to finding a solution to this problem? I often use the UPNP features of XBMC, so I dont want to disable them completely... Confused
Thanks mattisking. I'll see if I can track down the cause.

Neither of my LG tvs are on my lan at present, I'll try plugging one in and see what happens too.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Hm... my mediecenter pc are also connected to a LG TV (through a Dennon surround amplifier - PC -> HDMI > Amplifier -> HDMI > LG TV)

I will enable UPnP in XBMC, and turn off my LG TV and see if the problem disapears.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Search keeps popping up?1