Mini itx low profile quiet cooler
Hi
Looking for some alternative cooling for a Mini itx HTPC setup
Asus M4A88T-I Deluxe, with AMD Phenom IIx4 610e, setup in an Antec ASK 100 case.
I have a Dynatron A48G 70mm 2 Ball CPU Cooler in there now, but it can be very loud when it is on high.
Any suggestions on a low profile heatsink/cooler?

Thanks!
Bump
This one should be much quieter- Scythe Kozuti Low....
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
also
Noctua NH-L9a

http://www.noctua.at/main.php?show=produ...=51&lng=en

just perfect..... Smile
Thanks for the suggestions. :-)
Looking at them now.
Also:

Silverstone NT07-AM2
Gelid Slim Silence a-Plus

The NT07-AM2 has a replaceable 80mm fan which is nice and at the current price you could just replace it right away with a Noctua or Gelid 80mm PWM fan and have a nice low-profile cooler. The fan that's on there is 15mm tall making the overall height 37mm. If you got a standard 25mm fan, it'd be 47mm high -- something to be aware of.
Has anyone gotten away with removing the fan from these coolers for a kind of 'passive' cooling?
With the latest chips being very low power I wonder if it's possible.
(2014-01-07, 01:36)mattchapman Wrote: Has anyone gotten away with removing the fan from these coolers for a kind of 'passive' cooling?
With the latest chips being very low power I wonder if it's possible.
Yes, you can but you have to have the right fanless CPU cooler. It usually equipped with larger heatsink. If you want to go completely fanless, you need a passive case. You can find more ideas at this site- Silent PC Build Guides...

And passive PC is more expensive to build than fan PC too....
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
:-( neither the Scythe Kozuti or the Noctua NH-L9a will fit. The distance between the Ram slot and chipset heatsink is 89 mm.
The Kozuti is 103.12mm wide, and the NH-L9a is 92 mm

The Silverstone NT07 -AM2 will fit, but the Gelid Slim Silence a-Plus wont.

Thanks Dougie for the heads up on the 80mm fan thickness.
(2014-01-10, 17:43)quick72toy Wrote: :-( neither the Scythe Kozuti or the Noctua NH-L9a will fit. The distance between the Ram slot and chipset heatsink is 89 mm.

You're welcome.

I am surprised the NH-L9a won't fit. AMD specifies a "keep out" zone of 96x114mm so 92x114mm should fit. But, not every manufacturer follows that guideline.

I find the fan on the NT07-AM2 a little loud for my taste so expect you'll want to replace it. It still ends up being pretty inexpensive even with replacing it though.
I'm quite fond of the PCCooler S85-A if you can get it in your country.
(2014-01-10, 20:09)Dougie Fresh Wrote:
(2014-01-10, 17:43)quick72toy Wrote: :-( neither the Scythe Kozuti or the Noctua NH-L9a will fit. The distance between the Ram slot and chipset heatsink is 89 mm.

You're welcome.

I am surprised the NH-L9a won't fit. AMD specifies a "keep out" zone of 96x114mm so 92x114mm should fit. But, not every manufacturer follows that guideline.

I find the fan on the NT07-AM2 a little loud for my taste so expect you'll want to replace it. It still ends up being pretty inexpensive even with replacing it though.

It is too bad, I kinda was set on using NH-L9a.
I guess If I really wanted it to fit, I could shave a few mm off the chipset heatsink. I would have to re-measure to see if I would also have to offset it from the ram slot.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Mini itx low profile quiet cooler0