Unable to view Movie list following Master Lock code activation.
Sorry if this is considered spamming the boards, I originally posted this in the Pi section but it may be a more general issue than platform specific so I'd like to increase it's visibility here...

Need some help please..

I am attempting to set-up two profiles to support both my movies and those suitable for my kids. I have set-up two profiles (Master User & Kids). Kids was created with Media Info = Separate and Media Sources = Separate.Without any master lock code being set both seem to behave ok. I can log into each and see the movie list i expected. Now I'd like to lock access to my profile with a numeric pin but as soon as I set a Master lock code in Lock Preferences of the Master User, I am then unable to see any title listed under Movies. This happens in both profiles. Disable the lock code and they come become available again. I have none of the lock options selected when the Master lock is enabled.

I cant find any other similar posts so can only assume I've missed something stupid here?

Raspbmc running XBMC 12.2 Git:20130502-32b1a5e
this is starting to drive me nuts. It seems the only way I can view the contents of my movie library is to select "Unlock Sources" and enter the master lock code and enter master mode. why can't I see my movies without having to enter the code, I don't want a code on the kids profile.

As no one has been able to provide a solution do I assume this is a bug and report it?
It could well be a bug. To tell, you could post your profiles.xml file and perhaps a Debug Log while accessing the movie list from the kids profile.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Thanks jmarshall, here you go:

Profiles.xml:
<profiles>
<lastloaded>1</lastloaded>
<useloginscreen>false</useloginscreen>
<nextIdProfile>2</nextIdProfile>
<profile>
<id>0</id>
<name>Master user</name>
<directory pathversion="1">special://masterprofile/</directory>
<thumbnail pathversion="1"></thumbnail>
<hasdatabases>true</hasdatabases>
<canwritedatabases>true</canwritedatabases>
<hassources>true</hassources>
<canwritesources>true</canwritesources>
<lockaddonmanager>false</lockaddonmanager>
<locksettings>false</locksettings>
<lockfiles>false</lockfiles>
<lockmusic>false</lockmusic>
<lockvideo>false</lockvideo>
<lockpictures>false</lockpictures>
<lockprograms>false</lockprograms>
<lockmode>1</lockmode>
<lockcode>fa246d0262c3925617b0c72bb20eeb1d</lockcode>
<lastdate>01/07/2014 - 3:19 PM</lastdate>
</profile>
<profile>
<id>1</id>
<name>Kids</name>
<directory pathversion="1">profiles/Kids/</directory>
<thumbnail pathversion="1"></thumbnail>
<hasdatabases>true</hasdatabases>
<canwritedatabases>true</canwritedatabases>
<hassources>true</hassources>
<canwritesources>true</canwritesources>
<lockaddonmanager>false</lockaddonmanager>
<locksettings>false</locksettings>
<lockfiles>false</lockfiles>
<lockmusic>false</lockmusic>
<lockvideo>false</lockvideo>
<lockpictures>false</lockpictures>
<lockprograms>false</lockprograms>
<lockmode>0</lockmode>
<lockcode>-</lockcode>
<lastdate>01/07/2014 - 3:33 PM</lastdate>
</profile>
</profiles>

Log file: http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=107246

During the debug session i navigated to the Kids movie library (no movies), selected unlock sources and entered master lock (movies appear), and finally deselected unlock sources (no movies again)

Let me know if you need more info.
I suspect this line is the key:

CUtil::GetMatchingSource: no matching source found for [/media/MediaLibrary/TestKids/]

Where are your kids movies stored (in that folder?) and if so, what is in your kids sources.xml file?
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

not anymore, I updated my libraries to the full collection folders rather then the test ones. I reran the test i did earlier and uploaded the logs, the issue is still happening:

Log: http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=107792

the profiles.xml is unchanged.

I can't find a sources.xml for Kids (or in fact any sources/xml!) any where under the .xbmc tree, am I looking in the wrong place?
.xbmc should have a folder profiles/Kids or whatever. In there should be a sources.xml. If there's not, then you either didn't create a source from the kids profile, or it was removed later (or you transferred stuff to a new environment without transferring sources.xml etc.)

I haven't transferred any stuff around the environment and I'm pretty sure I did create a source within the kids profile.I will retrace my steps again and document my actions step by step this time to help figure out where I might have gone wrong.

one last question before i do this, when I enter the master lock code in the kids profile and I'm able to see the correct movie list (i.e. only those located in the Kids Movie folder) where does xmbc source this list from without the sources.xml file being available? I've confirmed the list of movies available in both profiles (when "unlock sources" is selected) are different so I guess this must be configured somewhere.
It gets it from the database.

I figured out where I was going wrong. Probably obvious to everyone else but it wasn't to me Smile

this is what I was doing when I thought I was adding a source:

(from a clean library in the kids profile)
Having navigated to Videos > Files, I am presented with two options in the list MediaLibrary (my usb HDD) and Add Videos. As I could access all my video directories from the MediaLibrary option I selected that and chose the "Kids Movies" folder and Set Content from the context menu. Setting the content as movies resulted in a scan taking place and my library apparently being populated. This doesn't create a sources.xml though in the kids profile folder. As a result no movies displayed in my library until I unlocked sources with the master lock code.

This is how I got it working as desired:

(from a clean library in the kids profile)
Video > Files. Ignoring my USB device listed, I selected the "Add Videos", then Browse and "Root filesystem/media/MediaLibrary/Kids Movies" from the Browse for new share list, then the Set Content modal box was displayed and my movie folder contents were scanned and added to my movie library. This did create a sources.xml in the profiles/Kids folder and allowed me to view the contents of the library without the lock code.

I had presumed my video source was already "added" as my media library drive was already listed in the initial Video > Files screen. Confused me anyhow.

Anyway thanks for your help jmarshall.
Ah - that makes sense, and IMO is considered a bug - quite a subtle one!

Will have to think about how we might avoid that.

Came across the same issue when upgrading to Kodi 14.0. With multiple profiles and a MySQL shared database, but no sources set, setting a master lock takes out the TV and Movies. Removing the master lock, restores them back again

Have just added sources.xml to each installation as a workaround for now.
A "me too" for this issue as well - exactly as described with the whole needing to "Unlock Source" thing really killing the use case I had for a Pi / Raspbmc / Kodi combination. Was driving me nuts!

shutty - thanks for Post: #10 - that solved it for me.
Does using this workaround still update the shared database?

I've got exactly the same problem. For whatever reason, with the masterlock enabled, the database cannot be accessed and nothing is shown. I have a database set for 5 devices in my household (so that I can keep track of what I have watched regardless of the device). It was my understanding that using the advanced settings file to access the database was what made the magic happen, if this can't happen without unlocking the master lock or unlocking the sources then it kind of defeats the purpose. Nothing I view will be tracked Sad
Is there a bug report posted for this issue?
I found nothing in the trac system but maybe I used the wrong keywords for the search.
The bug is present for the Emby4Kodi plugin as well. http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=227568

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Unable to view Movie list following Master Lock code activation.1