Help setting up CEC - ZBOX and Panasonic SmartViera
I'm looking for some general advice with setting up CEC to control XBMC (OpenELEC) on a ZBox ID41 and a new Panasonic SmartViera TV.

I know i need to purchase a Pulse-Eight box but before I do I have a couple of questions:

1. How much control will i actually get? For example, will i be able to use the TV remotes arrows, Ok, Back, Stop, FF, RW etc. all the keys you would use frequently on the XBMC-dedicated remote?
2. Will i be able to configure the keys?
3. If i can use the arrow keys to control XBMC, what happens when i need to use them for the TV?

Sorry for all the questions, i just want to make sure i undersand before buying the Pulse-Eight box.
1. You should be able use most of the keys. Except some with special function dedicated to the TV like the one for the options or the one that brings up the smart screen or the one that is used for switching the input. I hear some people (very rarely) complain that cannot use/map a certain button.

2. Yes you have to play with the keyboard file or use the GUI editor.

3. You will switch the input to Cable, Sat or terrestrial and then you can use them with their native function. Was that what you want to know?
Yes, thank you. I'm going to order one and give it a go.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Help setting up CEC - ZBOX and Panasonic SmartViera0