VideoExtras add-on
I've managed to get VideoExtras working with Transparency!

Details are Here
Code:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=178717&pid=1592254#pid1592254
Sounds great.

Fingers crossed that Ronie will be interested in including this in the published skin.

Thanks

Rob
hey, i don't mind adding a button for it in T!

but i have some serious doubts on how the skin stuff is handled.
an addon should really include a skin that works with every skin, not just confluence.

currently you're depending on confluence the provide the textures,
but what if we decide to remove or rename some of those images?

the same applies to all the xml code you pull through <includes>

what i'm trying to say is, your addon has to be 'self-supporting'.
all needed xml code and images should be included in the addon.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Hi Ronie,

When putting together the "Detailed Screen" I wanted it to "Look like it was part of the skin". The obvious aim being that it the Extras listing would be able to look just like part of whatever the skin you are using is. (Not an addon)

There is an aditional option, where the user can turn off the Detailed list screen and just use a very simple select dialog (If the given skin is not supported).

I hope this makes sense. I suppose the confluence Extras XML could be relocated into the confluence skin if that makes more sense. (But at the moment there are no built in hooks for confluence).

Added to this my lack of knowledge or suitable skills to get a decent skin working, I guess any custom skin I wrote would look pretty messy!

Thanks

Rob
Hi Ronie,

I have now updated VideoExtras to have a default "detailed list" screen that should work with all skins - published as version 1.0.4

Will still look nicer if each skin has it's own version, but does seem to meet your previous requirement.

Rob
thanx, i'll have a look at it for sure. :-)
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
VideoExtras add-on1