Unlock Kodi Advanced Settings addon script
(2023-05-21, 16:57)my4pm Wrote: Do you think an import/export option can be added so you don't need to start from scratch if you already have an advancedsettings.xml from a different install? I know you're thinking, why not simply copy the file through the file system but I'm using an Nvidia Shield with a restricted profile and you can not access that path from a fileshare (maybe you can if you root it but I don't want to do that)

I think I can add the file import of course. Will do in the next release
What would this allow us to do, exactly?
<setting id="sorttokens/token$0" label="sorttokens - token" type="text" default="" />
<setting id="sorttokens/token$0#separators" label="sorttokens - separators" type="text" default="" />
<setting id="sorttokens/token$1" label="sorttokens - token" type="text" default="" />
<setting id="sorttokens/token$1#separators" label="sorttokens - separators" type="text" default="" />

(2023-10-23, 16:01)jvorzimmer Wrote: <setting id="sorttokens/token$0" label="sorttokens - token" type="text" default="" />
<setting id="sorttokens/token$0#separators" label="sorttokens - separators" type="text" default="" />
<setting id="sorttokens/token$1" label="sorttokens - token" type="text" default="" />
<setting id="sorttokens/token$1#separators" label="sorttokens - separators" type="text" default="" />

Sorry for delayed answer, just noticed. This is to have 2 lines for editing the sorttokens. The original format of advancedsettings.xml may have multiline values. For example:

Code:

<sorttokens>
    <token>the</token>
</sorttokens>

The 'token' section can be multiple but such parameters are not allowed in the standard Addon Settings dialog, unfortunately. Hence this config above as a workaround, to allow editing a fixed number of multi-value parameters.
Thanks for the Plugin, it's great!  Is there any chance you could add a pathsubstituiton section?  I know it says it's broken and not supported but it still works and helps to sync kodi settings between devices if used correctly:

<pathsubstitution>
  <substitute>
    <from>G:\dvds\</from>
    <to>smb://somecomputer/g-share/dvds/</to> <!-- Note the difference between the usage of forward and backslashes -->
  </substitute>
</pathsubstitution>

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Unlock Kodi Advanced Settings addon script0