Video of my ambient lighting setup
(2014-04-25, 00:39)BtripN Wrote: Great info, thanks. Recommendations/pros/cons with 30led/M vs 60led/M?

(2014-04-25, 04:16)LazerBlue Wrote: If you did 60 led/m that would be 420 zones at 7 meters. I haven't been able to double check yet since I'm not at home, but I think the limit in the programming right now is about 260 zones give or take. Also it would take a very large power supply to drive them. I think you should go with 30 led/meter strip.

Indeed, all of the current drivers seem to have an upper limit of 255 LEDs. However, it may be possible to configure some of the programs as if you have dual screens and then drive one strip from captures setup from one half of the screen and the other from captures of the other half of the screen. The strips can be cut and attached as you see fit, so if you bought two 5m rolls at 60 LEDs/m you would cut/paste to keep each strip under 255 LEDs. I agree that you would likely need to use either a larger or two power supplies, but that is not complicated or a real issue except to ensure ground continuity with both.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Video of my ambient lighting setup - by KenV99 - 2014-04-28, 17:20
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Video of my ambient lighting setup0