Aspect ratio issue
Hi guys, I really need your help please!

On my Android 4.2.2 TV Box with AMLogic M6 dual core (Plunk Elite 2), hardware acceleration inside xbmc-20140104-3b393f9-master-armeabi-v7a.apk works fine (like the other unofficial "amcodec enabled version"), but I have always the same issue:
XBMC GUI is in full screen, but videos are not in full screen (http://img834.imageshack.us/img834/6201/37yo.jpg).
This happens only if Settings/Display in Android is set to 1080p or 1080i. With a 720p/i resolution videos play in fullscreen instead of the “small box”.

According to "Root Checker" the device is rooted.
I have installed also "Supersu" to give superuser access to the applications (XBMC included).
I have tried (as recommended by Davilla) to set chmod 777 to /sys/class/video/axis but nothing... (both with ES Explorer and with SSH).
The permissions edited can be seen, but it does not seems to be operative (does not work). Also, restarting the device chmod return to default values.

During the loading of XBMC, Supersu reporting that XBMC is running some chmod with administrator privileges:
su -c chmod 666 /sys/class/video/axis
su -c chmod 666 /sys/class/video/screen_mode
su -c chmod 666 /sys/class/video/disable_video
su -c chmod 666 /sys/class/tsync/pts_pcrscr
su -c chmod 666 /sys/class/audiodsp/digital_raw
su -c chmod 666 /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_min_freq
su -c chmod 666 /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_max_freq

I closed XBMC and verified "axis" with ES Explorer: report a chmod 666 (full r/w, no execute) instead of the default chmod 664. But I always the same issue of the "small box" video. Obviously, on reboot the permissions back to 664! WTF?!?

I don’t know which way to turn, I implore you to enlighten me!
From here, you can download my xbmc.log:

http://www.mediafire.com/view/889c7l89mn03280/xbmc.log

Please, help me!
up?
Download the latest official XBMC and update your firmware. Doubt you'll get any support for unofficial builds here.
Start video. Open video OSD (player menu), go to video settings. Change view mode to 16:9 (or whatever).

Next, scroll down to "apply to all videos".

Then go to OK and exit OSD.
Image [RELEASE] Metroid
Image [RELEASE] IrcChat

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Aspect ratio issue0