Disable IOS native Keyboard
Hi,

Running XBMC Gotham on an iPhone 4s(7.0.4) and would like to disable Native IOS Keyboard functionality while in XBMC. Is this possible?

Thanks
I'm guessing this is in relation to this? http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=182511

I'll try to replicate the issue on my side.
Oh yeah, I see it now. Seems the keyboard pops up on the iOS device and doesn't go away. The keyboard on the iOS Remote still works, as long as you don't press "select" while in the text field, which triggers the on-screen-keyboard. The iOS Remote even continues to work and navigate even after the on-screen-keyboard is up, but the keyboard never goes away.
(2014-01-08, 02:48)Ned Scott Wrote: Oh yeah, I see it now. Seems the keyboard pops up on the iOS device and doesn't go away. The keyboard on the iOS Remote still works, as long as you don't press "select" while in the text field, which triggers the on-screen-keyboard. The iOS Remote even continues to work and navigate even after the on-screen-keyboard is up, but the keyboard never goes away.

Thanks Ned, I've tried that on a few text fields and sometimes it works, sometimes no go. Example of when it does not work is adding a File source in File Manager. In order to activate the field to input the path I need to use the select key, then the IOS keyboard pops up, and when I try to type on the virtual keyboard on the remote it does not work. The same behavior exists throughout xbmc and add-ons. I figured it would be fixed at some point, however as a workaround I thought maybe I could disable the Native IOS keyboard.

Thanks for the response

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Disable IOS native Keyboard0