• 17(current)
LanDrive/LanDrive (3.5" HDD NAS enclosure) SMB/SAMBA problems
Ok I have been reading this extensive post.
I have the FANTEC branded model with NAS-BASIC45, LOADER 69. I also have the problem that I can't get into all the folders as mentioned before. I have done the trick with making folder and copying everyting through FTP instead of the Windows Explorer and guess what.... I can now get into all the folders I couldn't before. I don't have the latest XBMC but hey if it works it works. Now comes the task of removing everything from the NAS server and FTP'ing it back.
Ok the FTP copy trick did not work for me on all folders No so I still hadn't access to a lot of files. I have found the Xbmc-cvs_2006-10-26-t3ch version and added the 360 skin (love that one). And Voila! It is working !!!! Hurray for all the people involved, now I can really access my NAS from all over the place Big Grin
Haven't had chance to test it yet - hopefully this week. Those of you who've updated their firmware and are having problems, please re-format the disk under the new firmware. I think maybe there was a bug in the LanDisk formatting code under the older firmware.
Hey there,

I've been using XMBC for a couple of months now without any problems. The version I used was always the latest 1.1.0 release of T3CH in combination with a NAS 250 GB drive, using the Basic41 and Loader61 version of the NAS software. Basically I only watch XVids over the network (100Mb).

As of a few days ago I'm experiencing a lot of problems with my XBMC and NAS setup.

I've updated the NAS to the latest kernel and loader, so it now is Basic49 and Loader69. After that I've updated XBMC to the 2.0.0 build from T3CH. From that time almost every XVid runs oke for a few minutes and then starts to stutter. No message is displayed for buffering and it doesn't actually pause, although it seems to do that in fact. Fast forward and rewind also skip a lot at any speed. I've tried changing the cache settings from nothing to max, the more cache I activate, the longer it takes to resume.

I tried downgrading to version 1.1.0 of XBMC, only to find XBMC unable to acces any subfolders in the shared folder.

Yesterday I've upgraded to the 2.0.1. release, compiled by T3CH. At first the problems seemed gone, but after watching to episodes of some series, the stuttering came back. But not as bad as with the 2.0.0 release. So the problems seems a lot less, but still is present.

I've checked network cables and performance of both the drive as well as the XBMC. The drive works flawless, as does XBMC. It seems the SMB connection from XBMC to the NAS ocasionally has some sort of lag.

It seems I'm not the only one encountering this problem. I'm currently at work, so I'm not able to post the debug log. Will do so when I get home.

TIA
This device is a network attached storage device. Basically it's a 250GB FAT32 harddrive in an external casing. It's equiped with USB 2.0 and a 100MB network interface. It also contains a webserver (for management) and integrated FTP server.

As I was unable to find the specific firmware version I downgraded to NAS-BASIC43. And so far all the stuttering seems to have disappeared. It seems the later firmware versions of the NAS drives present some form of streaming problem with XBMC. I'll test some more to see if it is a structural solution.
I have since upgraded to XBMC 2.0.0 and have installed a Coolmax NAS Drive.
I am having two issues one is Music share problems, and I know the cause of this is because my library is over 17,000 which causes a memory shortage problem, the other is with Pictures share.

I am able to browse some picture shares and open the pictures no problem however some share I can't even open. I click on it and nothing happens what could be the cause? I find it strange that some work and some don't, they are all in one master directory. I haven't tried but will try moving them outside the main folder to see if that makes any difference. Will keep you posted on if this worked.

Thanks,
Davey
Sorry, that should read I can browse the some folders within my pictures share, and some I can't. i should point out that for the folders that do work the folder icons shows some of the pictures (thumbnails)
It sounds like a permissions problem. More info is required. Read this for info on how to enable debug mode.
http://www.xboxmediacenter.com/wiki/inde...Bug_Report
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Thumbs Up 
Wow, thanks for you quick reply. Holy C#@* Smile

I don't think it is a permission problem because I can access some folders within my parent folder. I was thinking it might be a result of number of files or folders within the folder, is this possible?
Unlikely. Double check the folder permissions, and be sure to post a debug log.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
Sadly the downgrade of the firmware of the NAS drive doesn't seem to solve the stuttering issues. It 's a lot less, but still happens. I will try to upload the log as soon as possible.
Hey, I fixed it. I don't really understand what is happening, but I know how to fix it.

When I was connected with the XBMC to my NAS share, I used my laptop to access my NAS share and I copied the files off my NAS to local laptop HD and then copied them back to the NAS and clicked on the folder in XBMC and Volia it worked. There were a few times where I needed to reboot the XBOX in order for some folders to work. Not really sure what happend, I can only assume when I was copying all my files from my Desktop workstation to the NAS drive that there must have been some type of hiccup. The weird thing is that I could see all the files from a laptop, it's just the XBMc had some trouble seeing them.

Thanks for your help.
Davey
same problem. it was still the permissions on those files. ive not figured out the exact conditions but sometimes windoze doesnt set file permissions correctly. it happens the most to me in my torrent download folder. just moving a file resets and corrects the permissions on the file. in windoze you can also just reshare the root folder to correct all files.
  • 17(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
LanDrive/LanDrive (3.5" HDD NAS enclosure) SMB/SAMBA problems0