• 3(current)
LanDrive/LanDrive (3.5" HDD NAS enclosure) SMB/SAMBA problems
hmm i was wondering if u could buy a smb server to connect the disk to,, anyone know of such a thing,??
if u know of anyone cheap tell me!
can any of the xbmc developers shed some light on this issue? would appreciate if someone could assist in resolving this problem as nas usage becomes more common. thanks!
i got my hotway drive working with my xbox today. all i had to do was update to the latest build of xbmc (i've been without internet at home for ages and didn't want to download it at work). Smile
finally works with the lasted build 03-28-06... i have a hd363n nas http://www.inoi.com/english/hd363n.asp

it takes a while to load.. but it works
it didnt change a thing for me :veryangry: Sad , i tryed with "xbmc cvs 2006-03-28" techs.

what could be wronge on my side , if it sudenly works on your side Confused
all i can suggest is that you make sure your ip addresses are properly set up (gateway especially). in the new build you can do it on the xbox itself rather than through the xml file.

i'm still seeing problems when access folders with large numbers of files in them (e.g. my photo folders) but i'm not too concerned about that.
all my ip adresses in the box is set in the dashboard and xbmc uses them ,, no problem with that at all, the box has internet access etc.

ir runs faster , but still have that stupid caching problem wen u have played one movie
i have some good news for all you guys having charset problems with nas drives.. you will be able to specify the codepage your nas drive uses. (it won't be possible per share, but as a global setting). currently we assume standard ascii charset for drives not supporting unicode, which is why things go haywire.

as as soon as i get new samba properly tested it will go into cvs.

cheers

/elupus
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

thank you! :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:
thanks m8 :o :bowdown:
the problem remains even in the latest build. try placing a bigger number of files into a single directory, anything in the order > 30 and you may experience xbmc freezing, files suddenly disappearing from the directory, etc. these problems do not surface when files are stored on a win xp machine.
dear all,
i have just brought usbex landrive as validus and i cannot read ifo files and get dvd menu support through smb connection to the landrive. i can play dvd by calling vob files directly only.
someone of you have the same problem (and some solution)?
i also find hangs when i call mp3 files.
thank you for your help.
regards, alberto
(dinkydong @ april 08 2006,04:30 Wrote:the problem remains even in the latest build. try placing a bigger number of files into a single directory, anything in the order > 30 and you may experience xbmc freezing, files suddenly disappearing from the directory, etc. these problems do not surface when files are stored on a win xp machine.
which latest build? anon cvs does not have the fix yet as they have not synced up yet to dev cvs.

ts
42.7% of all statistics are made up on the spot

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
the build i currently use, and have the same problem + a number of others :d ,,, is 28/3-06 techs build
(tslayer @ april 08 2006,17:01 Wrote:
(dinkydong @ april 08 2006,04:30 Wrote:the problem remains even in the latest build. try placing a bigger number of files into a single directory, anything in the order > 30 and you may experience xbmc freezing, files suddenly disappearing from the directory, etc. these problems do not surface when files are stored on a win xp machine.
which latest build?  anon cvs does not have the fix yet as they have not synced up yet to dev cvs.

ts
just tried the latest cvs build i could get, 04-10-06 t3ch cvs. its even worse off, now i can only see the top level directories in my nas. xbmc could not display any files once i tried to enter any of the directories. have tried the usual steps in removing cached data etc. but it didnt help. with earlier builds, i could still see and access the files/subdirectories.
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
LanDrive/LanDrive (3.5" HDD NAS enclosure) SMB/SAMBA problems0