[SOLVED] No Fanart, something wrong with the pathsubstitution?
Hello,

Since a few weeks I have a intel NUC (together with my old ATV2). Long story short: I had some problems with the mysql shared library. Had it working before between my Ipad and ATV2, but the NUC did not seem to like NFS. So I decided to delete my old database (on my NAS) and create a brand new SMB database. Now I scanned in the database on my NUC. It found everything, and it plays everything, but the fanart does not show. I know very little about these debug logs but for me, looking at the log --> http://pastebin.ubuntu.com/6726540/ it looks that my pathsubstitution does not work.

Am I correct? You can see my advancedsettings.xml there with the pathsubstitution, can someone tell me the correct version??

I hope someone can help me!

Thanks!

EDIT: posted full debug log via different site (too big for pastebin)
Did some more research and thought it had to do with my sources.xml. particularly with the path being described as smb://diskstation/... in stead of smb://my-ip/... But if I change that in the sources file it does not find my SMB share anymore..

The other thing I checked is the permissions in my thumbnail folder on my NAS, but it is set to 777, so this should also be fine...

I did initially not delete the old thumbnail folder (same location) because I thought it could use the thumbs from there and it would save me some time. After the artwork didn't show I did delete this folder, but now when I am scanning, this folder stays empty.. So this might be a clue (that is why I checked the 777)

anyone any ideas??
The funny thing is that even when I do refresh movie information, it goes through the normal steps but it still does not show artwork after that... So it definitely has to do something with not being able to write it or not knowing where to write it or something..

Will it be useful if I try to refresh movie information and then post a new debug log?

any help would really be appreciated!

Ok, here is a debug log of a fresh restart and then I tried to renew the movie information for the movie 'cars'.

It has definitely something to do with this, just need to find out now how to make sure this does not happen anymore...

debug log http://pastebin.ubuntu.com/6728063/

please help please thank you!
Ok, I solved it finally!!

Turns out that I was using an outdated guide. The shared library wiki page gave me a link for my synology NAS and on this guide it is still using pathsubstitution, but it turns out that this is not needed anymore since Frodo! So all I had to do was remove the pathsubstitution completely and all is working now!

Hopefully this thread will still help someone in the future that will have the same problem...
You could also update the wiki..as it is more likely to help people directly, this thread in forums will get buried into oblivion fast... Along with your discovery.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[SOLVED] No Fanart, something wrong with the pathsubstitution?0