Multi room display problems
HI guys Ive recently purchased a belkin omniview http://belken.com/pressroom/bulletins/up...005_uk.pdf to display my living room htpc on the other tv's in the house. When I refurbished my house a couple of years I installed multiple runs of cat5e throughout the house with the intention of using them to display the htpc and ps3 to other rooms of the house.

When connecting the tv's receiving their signal via vga over cat5 individually to the htpc the image is fine and displaying at full hd resolution, when connecting through the omniview, xbmc knocks the resolution down to 640 x 480.

According to the technical info the belkin can support a resolution of 2048 x 1536 (thats the reason I bought it!)

So does anyone have any idea why this is happening? When I go to the display settings within xbmc I only get the option of 640 x 480 (and one thats even lower!)

Cheers!
Quite likely the belkin doesn't handle edid data, I mean how could it with 4 or 8 different monitors attached? Which edid would it pass through?

Youll need to get the resolution right in the OS before XBMC will work at a higher resolution.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
I can see what your saying, I just assumed that as piece of hardware designed for said function it would work! I'm running xbmcbuntu.

The moment the Belkin is connected the resolution drops, even if there is just a single monitor connected.
Ok on linux you could download the edid info from one tv and force the computer to use it by a line in xorg.conf. what video card are you using? The method for doing this varies by manufacturer I think.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
I'm currently using an NVIDIA GeForce 210
Good, I know where to find the answer for nvidia, others would have me searching.

Howto here http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Nvidia-cards_...ore_the_TV

Ps in case it isn't obvious, you gather the edid info without the belkin in the way.
Thanks for that, I will take a look and report my findings!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Multi room display problems0