D54250WYK Problems With XBMCbuntu
Has anyone got any tips for getting this setup to work? I'm beginning to feel I've made a big mistake with this purchase Sad
I have XBMCbuntu (v12.2) on a flash memory stick but don't get any audio through HDMI. I've read that the 'kernel' needs upgrading to solve this, but I have no knowledge of Linux - is this even possible with a memory stick setup?

I've tried installing to the hard drive but it fails with some sort of 'file not found' error.

I also get stuttering on videos when I choose HDMI 5.1 audio.
obviously its a software configuration, rather than hardware issue.
if xbmcbuntu is too confusing, then why not try openelec on the usb drive.
If that's also difficult, you could just use windows.

You could also get software support from the software part of this forum, or from xbmcbuntu themselves.
OK I've tried Openelec Live and it's sorted out all my audio/video problems - 1080p 50fps video streaming from my NAS with zero dropped frames plus 5.1 audio.

My new problem is that openelec is showing poor colours - blacks are all washed out (now light grey).
Also some videos that played perfectly on XBMCbuntu are full of green artifacts.
I think this is restricted to Haswell builds. Anyone found a solution?

Or am I now in the wrong forum for openelec questions? - The openelec forum is very quiet.
OK I've solved the green artifacts by disabling: Settings \ Playback \ Allow Hardware Acceleration (VAAPI)
Unfortunately I have to re-enable it for my 1080p 50fps files to avoid dropped frames, so it's a bit of a fiddle.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
D54250WYK Problems With XBMCbuntu0