Release XBMC Playback Resumer
To install this add-on, download my repository .zip file and install it in XBMC (I will also try to get this in the XBMC default repo).

As discussed in this feature request, I put together a simple add-on called XBMC Playback Resumer which:
  • Periodically updates the resume point of a video while it is playing (frequency is configurable in add-on settings)
  • Optionally automatically resumes the video when XBMC restarts after a crash
Important: in order to update XBMC's native resume point (the one that gives you the "Resume from XX:XX" when you select a video), you need a XBMC-Gotham build created after 1/11/2014! Thanks to Commit:57e7305.
For all previous versions on XBMC, this plugin still works, but only if you enable the option to automatically resume the video.

Compatiblity: Frodo and Gotham.
Issue tracking: https://code.google.com/p/xbmc-bradvido-...ssues/list
Source: https://code.google.com/p/xbmc-bradvido-...e/checkout

Why create this addon?
For me, it's ideal for XBMC in my car. For others, they have trouble with XBMC crashing and not saving the resume point in the video they were watching.

Disclaimer: This is my first XBMC add-on. I've tested it and it works, but I can't guarantee it won't blow up your computer.
XBMC.MyLibrary (add anything to the library)
ForTheLibrary (Argus TV & XBMC Library PVR Integration)
SageTV & XBMC PVR Integration
Congratulations ...Is ths going to be part of XBMC repo?
(2014-01-12, 00:18)uNiversal Wrote: Congratulations ...Is ths going to be part of XBMC repo?

I'm going to submit it once it's been tested by a few others.
In http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Add-on_Rules there is a clause that says:
Quote:All service providing modules must be used by at least one other add-on in official repository.

So we'll see how strict that is...
Its strict, I joined XWMM to help them out get themselves organised, and despite a couple of coders stepping in, the state of the Addon is such that it will take another year at this rate to get repo inclusion.

Wish you luck with this., Ill try it asap.
(2014-01-12, 00:22)bradvido88 Wrote: In http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Add-on_Rules there is a clause that says:
Quote:All service providing modules must be used by at least one other add-on in official repository.

So we'll see how strict that is...

you are an addon on your own and not a module which is used by other addons so no worries
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
btw you should use "login" instead of 'startup" in addon.xml On startup there is no library available

edit:
you say GPL3 in your code but include license file GPL2
Thanks. I was trying to find documentation on login vs startup.
I'll update the license. Intent was v3.
Btw any other suggestions or patches are welcome. I'm new not only to add ons but python as well Smile
gplv2 is compatible with XBMC gplv3 is not.

(edit)Sorry -- Indeed above statemnet was not meant to include XBMC in sentence but eirther way is incorrect.references http://gplv3.fsf.org/wiki/index.php/Compatible_licenses
(2014-01-12, 01:21)uNiversal Wrote: gplv2 is compatible with XBMC gplv3 is not.

What?
You don't know what you are taking about as that is totally false.
(2014-01-11, 23:19)bradvido88 Wrote: To install this add-on, download my repository .zip file and install it in XBMC (I will also try to get this in the XBMC default repo).

As discussed in this feature request, I put together a simple add-on called XBMC Playback Resumer which:
  • Periodically updates the resume point of a video while it is playing (frequency is configurable in add-on settings)
  • Optionally automatically resumes the video when XBMC restarts after a crash
Important: in order to update XBMC's native resume point (the one that gives you the "Resume from XX:XX" when you select a video), you need a XBMC-Gotham build created after 1/11/2014! Thanks to Commit:57e7305.
For all previous versions on XBMC, this plugin still works, but only if you enable the option to automatically resume the video.

Compatiblity: Frodo and Gotham.
Issue tracking: https://code.google.com/p/xbmc-bradvido-...ssues/list
Source: https://code.google.com/p/xbmc-bradvido-...e/checkout

Why create this addon?
For me, it's ideal for XBMC in my car. For others, they have trouble with XBMC crashing and not saving the resume point in the video they were watching.

Disclaimer: This is my first XBMC add-on. I've tested it and it works, but I can't guarantee it won't blow up your computer.

Curious how this is working currently? I have the same situation with a Raspberry Pi with OpenELEC in my minivan for the kids. To spare the explanation, I do not want to deal with the Mausberry circuit to get a proper shutdown. I understand many people advise against hard shutdowns, but as I've seen from your posts OpenELEC seems to be able to handle this situation.

I've been searching everywhere for a solution to resume playback and just came across this. I'm going to test it when I get home today but I'm curious if you have any long term feedback you can provide?
Still using it every day and have never had a problem with the hard shutdowns. It works great and resumes whatever video was playing when the car starts and will even play a new random video automatically when the current video ends.
Just a heads up - installed this and have noticed since that sometimes my regular resume point is not being set when I stop videos. (Gotham Beta4, Windows)

Wondering if it is in the middle of a transaction and one pushes stop it's possible that this AND xbmc are both trying ot set the resume point at the same time and it somehow gets wiped? I.e. a race condition somewhere...
Addons I wrote &/or maintain:
OzWeather (Australian BOM weather) | Check Previous Episode | Playback Resumer | Unpause Jumpback | XSqueezeDisplay | (Legacy - XSqueeze & XZen)
Sorry, no help w/out a *full debug log*.
Just wanted to post that I've been using this for a while and it works great except for 1 issue. I have one movie so far that will not resume properly. I've tested 6 movies so far and 5 of them work just as intended. The one that does not work does resume playback, but it's always from the beginning of the movie. With my very limited knowledge, the only thing I've noticed thus far in terms of differences between the movies is that the one that does not work has a colon ":" in the name (Barbie: The Pearl Princess). Would this cause an issue or is there possibly something else?

Otherwise, absolutely love this add-on, it makes the pi the perfect car media center.

Thanks!
Quick update... I have uninstalled this add-on and installed again and at first I thought the issue was fixed. I played Jungle Book for a few minutes and then cut the power to the pi and then powered up again and it started where I left off. Then I did another test with Finding Nemo and upon resuming a box popped up on the screen saying resuming from 3:14 but it started from the beginning. After that, I put on Jungle Book again and played for a few minutes then cut power. Upon resuming, it said resuming from 8:08 but started at the beginning again....

Any thoughts on this issue?
What version of xbmc are you using?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Playback Resumer0