• 13(current)
Release [service.subtitles.opensubtitles]
when you sign up with opensubtiles, and use your login in the addon there are no advertisements in the subtitles
So why then removed this addon from Kodi when the solution is so simple?
(2015-10-18, 19:54)MrMC Wrote: amet says "https://github.com/amet/service.subtitles.opensubtitles/releases/tag/5.0.14b"

thx! i've added the link to the first post as well.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
(2015-10-18, 21:04)misa Wrote: So why then removed this addon from Kodi when the solution is so simple?

i'll try to shed some light in the dark...or better, grey area.

first, you need to understand that subtitles are copyrighted.
distributing them without consent from the copyright owner might not be all that legal.
it's not uncommon that subtitle sites get shutdown by the powers that be.

now we're faced with a third party site, who is distributing this grey area material
and on top of that is trying to make money out of content they do not own.
this crosses a line where we, as a team, are not comfortable with.

i do understand, and respect, that a part of our community doesn't care about this
and/or has no problems with ads in addons at all.
it's therefor not our intention to prevent anyone from using this addon.
we just don't want to facilitate it by distributing it through our repo.

as a for your info, we are still discussing this issue with the opensubtitles admin
and are trying to come up with a solution that is acceptable to both parties.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
SadI do believe movie subtitles not only needed by people whose English is their second language but for the people with hearing impaired as well. Please work it out your differences and bring it back to Kodi/XBMC Please and many thanks
Opensubtitles is the best website and offers support for many languages that we cant find on the other addons.
I really respect your project and i appreciate your hard work but please find a solution.
Yea, that's a shame. But I hated it when they started to show the 'advertise your business here' text when I watched movies on Kodi. Hope it gets sorted soon as I need subtitles to watch movies as I know people who need it. I need it as well as I've noticed that I can understand the movie more. I tried using others but it's a bit of a hit and miss.
(2015-10-18, 21:17)ronie Wrote:
(2015-10-18, 19:54)MrMC Wrote: amet says "https://github.com/amet/service.subtitles.opensubtitles/releases/tag/5.0.14b"

Unfortunately i tried to instal it both from zip file and from usb stick but it doesnt work for me.
I think ads are gone I see them no more
Same here. Just downloaded 3 of them and only the usual stuff appears, but no ads. It could be temporary of course.
(2015-10-18, 20:38)jan-g Wrote: when you sign up with opensubtiles, and use your login in the addon there are no advertisements in the subtitles

treu, adjust something so that addon show no ads fors loginCool
(2015-10-20, 19:46)Cattani Wrote:
(2015-10-18, 21:17)ronie Wrote:

Unfortunately i tried to instal it both from zip file and from usb stick but it doesnt work for me.

I´m just installed from "https://github.com/amet/service.subtitles.opensubtitles/releases/tag/5.0.14b" and worked fine for me
I have been a happy XBMC/KODI user for years with many installations in several platforms, and I can say that there is a very big user community in Brazil that is now scratching their heads about the recent absence of pt-br subtitles, regardless of providers (opensubtitles, legendas-br, etc).
I must be the only one that downloads subtitles manually, checks them to see if the translation is not French-Canadian-Inuit-English-French, makes sure sync is perfect and then enjoys a (probably) shitty movie with 5* subtitles.

Indeed, I'm scratching my head... How the fuck could I live without an OpenSubtitles add-on all these years?
f**k..... started editing without sudo | M.K.

Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
(2015-10-29, 01:46)h.udo Wrote: I must be the only one that downloads subtitles manually, checks them to see if the translation is not French-Canadian-Inuit-English-French, makes sure sync is perfect and then enjoys a (probably) shitty movie with 5* subtitles.

Indeed, I'm scratching my head... How the fuck could I live without an OpenSubtitles add-on all these years?

That's bull and doesn't answer the question, also think about all the people who can't hear
  • 13(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[service.subtitles.opensubtitles]2