• 21(current)
Release [service.subtitles.opensubtitles]
Hi

it was glitch on our side, it is fixed now. We are ordering results by SCORE DESC and that glitch happened there...index of arrays stays.
Hi OpenSubtitles!

Sometimes I go through 5 or more different results from subtitles before I find one that syncs well with what I am watching.

If I stop the show or watch something else for a little while, I return and I have to search for the subtitles again.

Can you or someone in your group modify the subtitle selection process so that it stores the subtitle file?

If the file name is Greatest.Show.Of.The.Year.2017.HDRip.XviD.AC3-EVO.avi, save the file in the same location with the same name, i.e. Greatest.Show.Of.The.Year.2017.HDRip.XviD.AC3-EVO.srt.

If the file is not good, and I download another one, just overwrite that last file.

Please?

I asked for this maybe a couple of years ago, but nothing has come of it yet and there never was a reply to it.
hi,

it should work as you wrote - if you download new subtitles, it will just overwrite the last one. If there is someone who can code it and make push request in our github, then you are welcome. We are taking care of opensubtitles.org and API, no time really for plugins/addons and so on. 

Good news is, that now you should get results sorted by higher probability, that on top will be synced results.
For everybody's information and interest, I'm pleased to note that Kodi user and developer moham_96 has developed a Dual Subtitles version of the OpenSubtitles addon.

His original thread and installation instructions are in the Development Forum here: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=330813

This is a very nice mod for multilingual families who may wish to display two subtitle languages at the same time. The mod is still in beta (alpha?) but is already working for normal basic use. Here is a screenshot and a brief demo:

https://gfycat.com/FortunateValidAmericancreamdraft

moham_96 is interested in Kodi adding a multiselect api to improve the user friendliness of this addon. Please support him in this quest if this mod is useful for you.

Please try the mod, use it, enjoy it, and add feedback. Developers need this to stay motivated.

I'm using this addon semi-regularly with my family members and I'm very happy. This really showcases the open source development possibilities of Kodi, responding to the needs of all different users. THANK YOU @moham_96 !

I hope other users will find it useful too Smile
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge please click the 'Thumb Up - Like' button to show me your appreciation :)
For YouTube questions see the official thread here.
I've got Kodi 17.6 installed. The installer on my PC is dated 20 January 2018, so it has been running for a while and that seems to be the current version of Kodi. I went into Kodi and forced an update of the opensubtitles plug-in, but it's the same version that I had before.

Over the last few months, whenever I try to download subtitles using opensubtitles.org, I will be successful. Most of the time, however, I get a message saying something like "invalid login credentials".

All I know to do is log in to the opensubtitles.org website with the same username and password stored in the plug-in, but there does not seem to be anything there looking for more settings.

Is there an issue with the plugin, the web service, or my login ID "jp2code"?

Does opensubtitles store it's log file any where specific on a Windows PC? In the Kodi.log file, I did a search for "opensubtitles", but got zero results.
I think it's webservice issue. Opensubtitles servers are overloaded very often, this resulsts with message as you mentioned if webersvice does not respond
(2018-08-28, 18:31)jp2code Wrote: I've got Kodi 17.6 installed. The installer on my PC is dated 20 January 2018, so it has been running for a while and that seems to be the current version of Kodi. I went into Kodi and forced an update of the opensubtitles plug-in, but it's the same version that I had before.

Over the last few months, whenever I try to download subtitles using opensubtitles.org, I will be successful. Most of the time, however, I get a message saying something like "invalid login credentials".

All I know to do is log in to the opensubtitles.org website with the same username and password stored in the plug-in, but there does not seem to be anything there looking for more settings.

Is there an issue with the plugin, the web service, or my login ID "jp2code"?

Does opensubtitles store it's log file any where specific on a Windows PC? In the Kodi.log file, I did a search for "opensubtitles", but got zero results.
The same problem here, it has not been working for a long time and I have given up on Opensubtitles.org. Sad it was my favourite subtitle provider.
There's another add-on in subtitles' add-ons, sth. like "Opesubtitles by Opensubtitles.org".
Try this one. It seems snappier.
(2018-09-12, 11:19)raven6679 Wrote: There's another add-on in subtitles' add-ons, sth. like "Opesubtitles by Opensubtitles.org".
Try this one. It seems snappier.
 Thanks for that tip. That one works like I wanted. I guess the other one is old or something.

Here is the tutorial I found to follow:

http://blog.opensubtitles.website/guides...addon-kodi
Hi all,
I found that opensubtitle addon does not save the subtitle file in the movie folder but remains in the temporary folder in addon_data. If i stop the movie i have to download again the subtitles.Any tips?Thanks.
Does the user Kodi is running under actually have write permissions to the movie folder to move the subtitle file from the temp folder into it? That would be the first thing to confirm.

If you look in a debug log (wiki) for such a situation you might see if there's any problem reported there.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
Thanks,I have not thought about this.How can I do to grant permission to move the subtitles to the movie folder?
Thanks.
running kodi18rc3 on a android box.
That would depend on where the movies are actually stored.

If it's on the box itself then they should already have it. If not and it's on some NAS or similar network location then you'd need to look into the settings on that. You may only have the source set-up as read-only, which would have to be changed to read/write to give access to add files into it from the box.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
(2018-12-19, 11:44)patria o muerte Wrote: How can I do to grant permission to move the subtitles to the movie folder?
That all depends on where you have your local(?) media or movies stored.

Kodi stores subtitles by default next to the video that was opened. If that is on a source/device that is initially shared as "read-only", then you'll need to fix that.

I have no clue what the modus operandi for Kodi is for internet video streams.
AFAIK by default subtitles are stored next to the movie, but you can also configure Kodi to set default subtitles location.
  • 21(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[service.subtitles.opensubtitles]2