Android Why external player is not working?
I would like to use MX Player as external player, so I've created playercorefactory.xml file and placed that at userdata folder. XBMC sees this file, but does not use it - video is still opened in a regular player.

Here is the extract from the log:
http://pastebin.com/UZU2cmJR

What is wrong with my setup?
please don't post log on the forum.

also why do you need an external player? we rather get the internal player fixed instead of doing support for external players
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
I am running XBMC on MK908, hardware support is missing in XBMC for this device.
MK908 is a rk3188. H/W accel is supposed to work on it.
Should I enable it somehow/somewhere?
The video I am testing works well with MX Player, but doesn't play well with XBMC.
Are you using a nightly build (wiki)?
(2014-01-12, 15:29)Koying Wrote: Are you using a nightly build (wiki)?

he is
Starting XBMC (13.0-ALPHA12 Git:20140104-3287585)
(see OP)

could it be that the settings.xml are not overwritten on install?

check the settings and enable advance and see if libstagefright/mediacodec is enabled.
also get a FULL Debug Log. snippets are useless
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Hmm. I've decided to re-install XBMC, deleted everything, downloaded latest stable version and installed it. When I've enabled log, it says that it is written to /data/data/org.xbmc.xbmc/cache/temp/xbmc.log. But in reality /data folder is empty (checking with ES File Explorer with root access given, hidden files and folders are displayed). Also, I haven't found it at standard location - /mnt/sdcard/Android/data/org.xbmc.xbmc/cache/temp/xbmc.log (there is no cache folder).. Fortunately, internal File manager sees this strange folder...

Here is the full log
https://www.dropbox.com/s/0elx93mzxo00zrd/xbmc.log
Hi, is there anything else I should try/show?
The forum keeps insisting that nightly builds will support RK3188 on the variuos Rikomagic devices.This is not true. You will not be able to get HW decoding nor HDMI passthrough. Nor with any other player than the bundled RockChipPlayer (just called "Video"). Unfortunately it seems problematic to get RKPlayer launched from XBMC as external player as well.
(2014-02-04, 08:02)deeps452 Wrote: The forum keeps insisting that nightly builds will support RK3188 on the variuos Rikomagic devices.This is not true. You will not be able to get HW decoding nor HDMI passthrough. Nor with any other player than the bundled RockChipPlayer (just called "Video"). Unfortunately it seems problematic to get RKPlayer launched from XBMC as external player as well.

No, it is true, and I can verify it with my own eyes. You have either bad firmware installed or a defective device,
Looks like not only deeps452, but many other users also... (what is played well with MX Player can not be watched with XBMC)

Btw, has XBMC stopped to support external players on android?
(2014-02-04, 17:50)and7ey Wrote: Looks like not only deeps452, but many other users also... (what is played well with MX Player can not be watched with XBMC)
The comparison is irrelevant. MX can only be compared to XBMC in HW+ mode. Their HW mode is using an unknown, closed-source method.

(2014-02-04, 17:50)and7ey Wrote: Btw, has XBMC stopped to support external players on android?
If by "stopped to support", you mean it doesn't work: no.
If you mean "internal player is preferred ": yes

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Why external player is not working?1