Has defaultcontrol changed for Gotham?
I'm in the process of updating Alaska HD for Gotham but can't solve a problem that I've encountered with the home window not lining up properly upon start when it worked perfectly fine in Frodo. It involves the dummy list's default control not being set correctly to item 11 (movies) instead it gets set to id 13 (tv shows) even though there's nothing to set that item!

Skin can be downloaded from my repo (see sig).

Thanks.
can't reproduce it at my end.
the movies button gets focused when i enter the home screen.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Do you have a disc in the drive? I'm wondering whether that has something to do with it.
Can reproduce.

With disc
http://i.imgur.com/IjrwlkG.png

Without disc
http://i.imgur.com/BxHjAOG.png

13.0-ALPHA12 Git:20140109-3751d14 (Win32)
Image [RELEASE] Metroid
Image [RELEASE] IrcChat
yup, same result as MassIV.

i also noticed, without disc, you can't focus the setup button.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Thanks for the confirmations. I've also noticed the Music tab has Music Videos selected before you focus on it and that id shouldn't be selected either.

I've tried the oldest nightly (Nov) and it's still present there but I'm sure I was using Gotham builds on my OpenELEC machine last year without this problem so something's been changed.
I think I've found what's causing this behaviour -

Changes to GUIBaseContainer.cpp

refactors static content in containers into a list provider class

Jonathan?
Great so see u back working on Alaska HD Hitcher! Coming back from retirement to revamp Alaska for Gotham is awesome. Kudo's for you sir.
To test in Confluence edit Settings.xml.

Add <defaultcontrol>5</defaultcontrol> to the list number 9000 to make Pictures the default control - Pictures is always the default control. Smile

Add <visible>False</visible> to item number 1 - now Weather is the default control even though it's id number is 4. Undecided

So it appears to be using the position instead of the item's id for focus until you remove item 1 altogether and then it goes back to Pictures! Huh
Thanks - fixed in 0c58c2fe78c
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

And another thanks Jonathan. Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Has defaultcontrol changed for Gotham?0