• 7(current)
Release TWiT
+1 for the update, things are working good now. Thanks!

(2015-08-10, 05:12)divingmule Wrote: I'd love to take on the challenge of doing that with one of the cloud services or something but ... that cost money, AFAIK, doesn't seem feasible for a project like this.

Check out cloudatcost.com. They have cheap one-time-cost ($35) VPSs that make excellent low-use or dev web servers. (I know the people who run it and I have a couple of VPSs from them that I use for web, DNS, Jabber & mail servers, as well as back-up LDAP and Kerberos servers.)
Updated the first post with a TWiT API add-on.
(2015-08-13, 17:13)divingmule Wrote: Updated the first post with a TWiT API add-on.

OK ... does that mean if I install the API add-on; sign up and get my own set of API keys; (I presume) I put the keys into the add-on;

I can use the API add-on instead of the other add-on, to watch just for me? Or is there something more involved to it (I suspect)?
(2015-08-13, 18:26)MikeLeone Wrote:
(2015-08-13, 17:13)divingmule Wrote: Updated the first post with a TWiT API add-on.

OK ... does that mean if I install the API add-on; sign up and get my own set of API keys; (I presume) I put the keys into the add-on;

I can use the API add-on instead of the other add-on, to watch just for me? Or is there something more involved to it (I suspect)?

Yeah, that's pretty much it. It should work with the keys I included but If you get your own keys you'll likely never have any problem with the five calls per minute limit.
got my key and it works fine, initially i didn't think it worked ok but i just had to wait for them to authorise the key, just creating the key wasn't enough.
Intel Core i5-11500, ASRock B560M-ITX/ac, 240GB SSD + 4TB  Western Digital Blue, Arch Linux, mythtv 31+fixes + TBS 6205 QUAD FREEVIEW DVB-T2
Ah ha! This explains why I've had a bunch of Kodi-related requests lately.

Please allow me up to a business day to approve each API application key request. Also, I will only approve requests once the account is verified...so if you haven't verified your 3scale account yet, don't expect to be approved for a key.

Look for more TWiT API talk coming up on Coding 101 starting August 17th (today)!

(BTW: Don't use keys shown live on the screen during Coding 101 because they'll be deactivated immediately after the episode is recorded.)
FYI
Twit add-on version 2.1.1 has currently 37,175 downloads/installs.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2015-08-17, 20:55)PDelahanty Wrote: Ah ha! This explains why I've had a bunch of Kodi-related requests lately.

Please allow me up to a business day to approve each API application key request. Also, I will only approve requests once the account is verified...so if you haven't verified your 3scale account yet, don't expect to be approved for a key.

Look for more TWiT API talk coming up on Coding 101 starting August 17th (today)!

(BTW: Don't use keys shown live on the screen during Coding 101 because they'll be deactivated immediately after the episode is recorded.)

Hi PDelahanty, thanks for taking the time to comment. I hope this isn't too much of an inconvenience for you.

(2015-08-17, 20:58)Martijn Wrote: FYI

Thanks Martijn. I was looking for some recent statistics.
(2015-08-19, 14:25)divingmule Wrote:
(2015-08-17, 20:58)Martijn Wrote: FYI

Thanks Martijn. I was looking for some recent statistics.

39k by now Wink

We've added it to the add-ons website however it seems there's still some kinks left to be solved as it sometimes doesn't show up.
http://addons.kodi.tv/show/plugin.video.twit/
(should be displayed between version and released)
SO I applied for and got an API key for the twit api. Where is the api data stored in the addonon? I didn't see it in the settings.xml folder, so I presume it is in the code of the add_on somewhere.
(2015-09-13, 22:45)skydiver Wrote: SO I applied for and got an API key for the twit api. Where is the api data stored in the addonon? I didn't see it in the settings.xml folder, so I presume it is in the code of the add_on somewhere.
Did you read the first post?
The "Featured @ TWiT.tv" choice seems to have broken recently. The other options (for each show) do seem to be working. An API problem?
(2016-01-24, 00:18)skriefal Wrote: The "Featured @ TWiT.tv" choice seems to have broken recently. The other options (for each show) do seem to be working. An API problem?

This is working for me.
It wasn't working when I posted that message (Kodi 15.2 via Amazon FireTV). Then it was working again. Now it's back to not working. It does work on the Intel NUC box, but not on the FireTV.
(2016-02-14, 19:11)skriefal Wrote: It wasn't working when I posted that message (Kodi 15.2 via Amazon FireTV). Then it was working again. Now it's back to not working. It does work on the Intel NUC box, but not on the FireTV.

Same here. It working on windows pc, but not on android media player. Yesterday was OK on both machines. Day before that (I think) same problem...

Error message in my log file:

Code:
http://pastebin.com/raw/nmwGnb5Q
  • 7(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TWiT0