Library Works but NO Source Folders in Video Files
There must be a ghost in my machine. If I add a video file to the SMB shared folder and update the library, the video scraps and is added to my library but when I go to Video > Files, my source folders are no longer there. I don't have a ton of movies and videos so I figure I would Clean Library and it would wipe everything out and I would have to start again but cleaning the library doesn't remove the movies. I cannot for the life of me figure out how everything still works of the source files aren't listed.

Zygon
You don't need a sources file if using an already existing library - XBMC will continue to use the sources that existed when the library was first created as it has the sources stored in the database. So if you set up a library and delete the sources file, XBMC won't skip a beat and will continue to add new stuff, you just won't be able to remove the sources...

To remove movies from your library you first need to re-add the source(s) then remove each source by setting the content on the source to nothing. XBMC should then prompt you if you want to remove all the associated items - I can't remember the exact wording - and if you answer yes the items associated with the source will be removed from the database.

However if you're just using SQLite and want to start the library from scratch it will probably be quicker/easier to delete the databases (MyVideos*, MyMusic* and Textures*) from userdata/Database and remove the Thumbnails folder too. Then restart XBMC.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Library Works but NO Source Folders in Video Files0