• 30(current)
Release Chorus - A Web UI
(2016-03-02, 21:41)Dangelus Wrote:
(2016-03-02, 21:34)besgum Wrote: Hi to all, I have been trying everything but I just can´t download files (tvshows or movies).

Has someone been able to download files to their computer through chorus?

I´m using raspberry pi with osmc (kodi 16 and chorus 2 V.2.0.13)

Thanks for the help, Chorus 2 is awesome, hope we can have a final release

Download from where? Chorus is a web interface for your Kodi installation.

I´m talking about the DOWNLOAD option inside each video file:

(2016-02-26, 16:53)Kefiren Wrote: I have tried to connect 2 Raspberry Pi´s on the same network and with diffent IP adresses, and I can´t connect to number 2. Is it only possible to connect to 1? I have tried on others ports than port 80 I use on the first Raspberry. Anyone who can help me fix the problem?

You should give each pi a different name. Then it should work.

Skywatch.
What a piece of gold!!! Thanks so much for working on this.

I was looking for a nice remote to run on a second monitor (touch screen) so I could run my primary screen with the kodi interface. This is absolutely perfect.

For people having issues installing version 2 (Kodi 15.2), I had to extract the zip within the zip file I downloaded from the github. Extrating and renaming the folder mentioned earlier in the thread did not work, it sat there saying loading.

Looking forward to using and supporting this project, thanks again.
I have been using version 2 for some time now and I must say that it is just wonderful.

Your web interface should become the default for Kodi.

Thanks for the passionate work you are making
When I play music through the XSqueeze Add-On, Chorus fails to pick it up and show "Now Playing". It shows nothing and cannot be used to control the playback.
Perhaps not surprising, but nevertheless a small disappointment...
@besgum

Quote:I´m talking about the DOWNLOAD option inside each video file:

could it be, that chorus is not your default webinterface? in the version i use at least, then download does not work if it's not the default webinterface. just change it to default, and you are fine.

@dev's: i am not up to date with the development, but if this is still an issue with the current version(i use the one built on 03-12-2015), i think there should be some changes for download, maybe for streaming too.
example:
to dowload, i have the link:
http://localhost:8088/addons/webinterfac...ENG%5D.m4v
but it should be:
http://localhost:8088/vfs/path_to_Media%...ENG%5D.m4v
Check out my plugin yarc, it's a web-remote optimised for all screen sizes (especially touch and small screen).
I just switched to chorus 2 and it's very, very nice. One thing I can't seem to get to work though which I utilized quite a bit in chorus, was the JSON Lab's "VideoLibrary.Clean" command. On chorus I would see a progress bar and the library was scanned and cleaned up. Now in chorus 2 when I press "send command" nothing happens. It will scan the library, but it doesn't seem to clean it. Is there something I'm missing? This is kodibuntu 14.04 with kodi Jarvis 16. Default webserver is set to chorus 2, and remote control allowed etc. Everything else is beautiful, I just can't seem to get chorus 2 to perform a clean library. Any help is greatly appreciated Big Grin and again, beautiful work!

EDIT:
Just placing
Code:
[]
in the arguments box then hitting send command works. You'd think it would just add that as default as it was in chorus.
Also, using chrome and any VLC extension I can find still doesn't allow me to stream anything. What's the correct chrome add-on to allow for video streaming to a browser?

EDIT 2: Another thing I've noticed which is a VERY nice feature, the watch trailer for a movie. It does indeed open a nice little browser based video to youtube for the trailer. I have a properly named local trailer in the directory with the movie. When I enter the trailer from the actual kodi info menu, I get the local one, not the youtube one. Is there a way to specify for chorus2 to check for a local trailer 1st?
(2016-04-11, 20:50)mikedpitt420 Wrote: The JSON Lab's "VideoLibrary.Clean" command.
Code:
[]
in the arguments box then hitting send command works. Also, using chrome and any VLC extension I can find still doesn't allow me to stream anything. What's the correct chrome add-on to allow for video streaming to a browser?

@mikedpitt420
From your post, it looks as if you interact with Chorus much more advanced than just pushing buttons and looking at the result.
It sound almost as if you found a command-line window into a hidden well?
Could you please point me in the direction where these Chorus features are explained and documented?

(Sorry for not being able to answer your questions)
Nothing crazy, it's just buried in the settings. If you click the little 3 dot icon at the bottom right of the screen, one of the options is "The Lab". This is where you can send almost any JSON command to Kodi making it perform almost any action you like via Kodi's direct API fuctions. It was the same in Chorus. It says explicitly not to mess around in the JSON LAB as you may break your system doing this. I wouldn't go experimenting too heavily as the Dev's take a special note to tell you to be careful. So tbh, the only ones I really ever use on a regular basis are "Video.Library.Clean" and "Music.Library.Clean".
Interesting indeed! Thanks for sharing.
(Oh - by the way - where is this Kodi API documented?)
http://kodi.wiki/view/JSON-RPC_API/v6
Check out my plugin yarc, it's a web-remote optimised for all screen sizes (especially touch and small screen).
Hi all, having the same issue like some users with permissions with attached external disk.

What exactly do I need to do to be able to play or download videos?

Thank you in advance and very nice work!
(2016-04-12, 13:20)mikedpitt420 Wrote: Nothing crazy, it's just buried in the settings. If you click the little 3 dot icon at the bottom right of the screen, one of the options is "The Lab". This is where you can send almost any JSON command to Kodi making it perform almost any action you like via Kodi's direct API fuctions. It was the same in Chorus. It says explicitly not to mess around in the JSON LAB as you may break your system doing this. I wouldn't go experimenting too heavily as the Dev's take a special note to tell you to be careful. So tbh, the only ones I really ever use on a regular basis are "Video.Library.Clean" and "Music.Library.Clean".
Just so I get that clear. The web interface exposes a command line that lets you do *anything* to KODI and the PC? As a security geek that is a little scary. Glad I saw this post as I was considering exposing the web interface to mates externally, but this feature does make me think twice.

Can there be a "dev mode" switch in your settings please. Or some way to turn down features like that so people I invite to access my KODI really do only have READ ONLY access and zero way to change anything from the outside world.
I managed to reconfigure sources and library and now html5 streaming and downloading of videos is working.

New problem is that I can't install Chorus2 tried with master zip from git and with tar.tg file and same thing. I receive installation failed error. Saw that someone said something about renaming folder structure in zip file. Tried that and still not working.
(2016-04-19, 19:07)amilino Wrote: New problem is that I can't install Chorus2 tried with master zip from git and with tar.tg file and same thing. I receive installation failed error. Saw that someone said something about renaming folder structure in zip file. Tried that and still not working.

For what it's worth, here's how I did this to make it work on my QNAP server. The instructions may contain errors and /or may not be suitable for your system. Feel free to use as you please.
How-to-install-Chorus2
  • 30(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Chorus - A Web UI10