• 5(current)
Release Chorus - A Web UI
G'Day all

v0.2.5 is out, now with video streaming! (and a few other things)
Don't get your hopes up to high though, without transcoding we are very limited.
There is 2 players, HTML5 and an embedded VLC player. HTML5 video is only working well for me in Chrome. VLC has much better codec support and works in Firefox but you need to install the player for it to work.
Look for the 'stream' tab on a movie.

@Kabooga, Cheers for the tip! I was hoping someone might have a fix for that one, version numbers will be in the filename from now on.

@dr88dr88, done Wink

@Jeggert, Technically it should work however I had issues with my andriod tv box with audio streaming too, not really sure where the issue is yet.

@Jeggert, With the right CSS it would be very usable for mobile and up, although with large libraries it might make a few devices struggle on the performance side of things. I am now using a sass extension called breakpoint that makes it far easier to make things responsive 'as you go' and I do plan (one of these days) to go back and implement that across the rest of the app, I personally never use it on a screen smaller than 1200px so not huge on my priority list, but definitely on my mind.
@jez500 This is the best XBMC web interface I have seen it has great potential. Would it not be a good idee to propose this interface to be the base to replace the standaard interface that is delivered with XBMC.
@dr88dr88: I agree, this web interface is insane! but on low-power devices like the Raspberry Pi it would be too heavy IMO, that's why it won't be added by default.
HTPC LibreELEC 9.0 - Xperience1080+
RPi3 LibreELEC Milhouse build - Arctic Zephyr
Ha, thanks!

Yeah I have often thought it would be nice to replace that embarrassing default interface with chorus but agree with freem@n, it is probably getting a bit too big for its boots. That being said I might look at a lightweight fork once it is more complete.

Has anyone tried this on a Raspberry Pi?
(2014-03-01, 11:12)jez500 Wrote: Ha, thanks!

Yeah I have often thought it would be nice to replace that embarrassing default interface with chorus but agree with freem@n, it is probably getting a bit too big for its boots. That being said I might look at a lightweight fork once it is more complete.

Has anyone tried this on a Raspberry Pi?

Sadly no one has time to update the crappy default interface.
I for one don't care a single bit for the rpi so it would certainly want this as default.
If it's to slow on it buy some decent hardware.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2014-03-01, 11:14)Martijn Wrote: Sadly no one has time to update the crappy default interface.
I for one don't care a single bit for the rpi so it would certainly want this as default.
If it's to slow on it buy some decent hardware.
Sweet, well I might come back to that one, it would be an honor to get some code into my favourite sofware!
@jez500

Great work adding video streaming capability.

When I tried this feature on my Chromebook only sd worked with the HTML5 player. Edit: it works also to hd.
When pressing the download button the movie is automatically opened with the ChromeOS builtin player (inside a browser tab), so this does helps anyone with a Chromebook.

Edit: Forgot to mention that the ChromeOS codec support limitations still aplied (I think it doesn't support surround at all, ac3 & dts)
(2014-03-01, 10:32)jez500 Wrote: G'Day all

@Jeggert, Technically it should work however I had issues with my andriod tv box with audio streaming too, not really sure where the issue is yet.

@Jeggert, With the right CSS it would be very usable for mobile and up, although with large libraries it might make a few devices struggle on the performance side of things. I am now using a sass extension called breakpoint that makes it far easier to make things responsive 'as you go' and I do plan (one of these days) to go back and implement that across the rest of the app, I personally never use it on a screen smaller than 1200px so not huge on my priority list, but definitely on my mind.

I might take a crack at the mobile design on my end. One of my main goals is the ability to stream through our phones rather than carry around our albums. These days, apps are taking priority and it's amazing how fast you they eat away at storage.
Hey Guys,
v0.2.6 does tv now, I have also just submitted it to the xbmc addon repo so we'll see how that goes.

@dhead - yeah you are getting the same results as i was, good to know it works well on ChromeOS

@Jeggert - Go for it, I am also doing some tinkering on the mobile side of things atm so we might meet in the middle somewhere.
@jez500

Absolutly amazing !

It's a shame that there's no support to ac3&dts in browser and XBMC can't transcode the audio.
For this addon it's worth running a script on my video library to mux in a stereo channel to the mkv containers
*** googling *** ...
Looks cool. Hopefully I can retire AWXi which I can't work on!

Had a quick look and some questions/suggestions.

Websockets! You appear to be polling for player and volume info. Websockets will give you all notifications.
Hide watched TV/Films? If it's marked as watched in XBMC don't show me it. I can't see any options for anything really.
Paged items. Instead of scrolling for more, have page 1, 2 etc. (This also solves the all albums problem)
XBMC playlists? Is it possible to see them? IIRC you have to do it with files.getdirectory and it's a PITA.
Hide/show right-hand playlist.
AWXi - Ajax web interface. Wiki
I've noticed something - I use TheTVDB Scraper for TV Shows, and the "IMDB" Link on a TV show series overview just ends up giving you a 404 Page on IMDB, since it is using TheTVDB show ID.

For example, if you click "IMDB" on the series overview for South Park, it takes you to this page ( http://www.imdb.com/title/75897/ ) The ID being 75897, when infact it is looking at the ID for this page http://thetvdb.com/?tab=series&id=75897 .

I have to say, this is by far the best looking web interface for XBMC, the other web interfaces that I've seen (the ones in the repo, anyway) have absolutely nothing on this.

Edit:

I found another small issue. TV Show seasons seem to be sorted "alphabetically" rather than numerically. For example: In this screenshot, the seasons of Frasier go Season 1, Season 10, Season 11, Season 2, Season 3, etc. whereas in the XBMC UI itself, It would be sorted 1, 2, 3 etc.

Also, it would be cool if there was a small "tick" on things that have been marked as watched in Movies and TV Shows.
(2014-03-08, 14:19)Mizaki Wrote: Looks cool. Hopefully I can retire AWXi which I can't work on!

Had a quick look and some questions/suggestions.

Websockets! You appear to be polling for player and volume info. Websockets will give you all notifications.
Hide watched TV/Films? If it's marked as watched in XBMC don't show me it. I can't see any options for anything really.
Paged items. Instead of scrolling for more, have page 1, 2 etc. (This also solves the all albums problem)
XBMC playlists? Is it possible to see them? IIRC you have to do it with files.getdirectory and it's a PITA.
Hide/show right-hand playlist.

Glad you like! Thanks for the feedback, have added the list over here: https://github.com/jez500/chorus/issues/10

I didn't know I could use websockets, and got quite excited about it so implemented it yesterday, still polling as I need the current play time but it has made things a lot more lightweight. I will probably refine it further in the future as I get time.

I intend to add a settings page at some point, where I will add things like hide watched, don't want to have it as default as its geared towards a shared player. I'll also be adding a watched indicator on a video soon so you can at least see where you are up to.

Kind of against pagers (ones you have to click anyway) but will eventually add more filter options (possibly including A-Z) so you could jump to the title you want

XBMC playlists: obviously you can see the current audio/video playlist and you can also play .m3u via the files section, I might have a look at your code to see what else I can add Wink

Hide/show playlist: I'll have a think about this, latest update hides it on windows < 800px wide, but still has a ways to go.

(2014-03-09, 04:43)jackfifield Wrote: I've noticed something - I use TheTVDB Scraper for TV Shows, and the "IMDB" Link on a TV show series overview just ends up giving you a 404 Page on IMDB, since it is using TheTVDB show ID.

For example, if you click "IMDB" on the series overview for South Park, it takes you to this page ( http://www.imdb.com/title/75897/ ) The ID being 75897, when infact it is looking at the ID for this page http://thetvdb.com/?tab=series&id=75897 .

I have to say, this is by far the best looking web interface for XBMC, the other web interfaces that I've seen (the ones in the repo, anyway) have absolutely nothing on this.

Edit:

I found another small issue. TV Show seasons seem to be sorted "alphabetically" rather than numerically. For example: In this screenshot, the seasons of Frasier go Season 1, Season 10, Season 11, Season 2, Season 3, etc. whereas in the XBMC UI itself, It would be sorted 1, 2, 3 etc.

Also, it would be cool if there was a small "tick" on things that have been marked as watched in Movies and TV Shows.

Interesting, I am using the imdbNumber field for that, hopefully it has another flag indicating where it was scraped from, I know the TVDB provides imdb id so assumed it would be correct. Will look into it more.

TV order - yeah I have noticed that myself, I am sorting on label atm which is close, but no cigar!

Watched indicator is definitely on the list.

Glad you are liking it Smile
@jez500

Would it be possible for the now playing title would change accordingly to a title change in an audio stream ?
XBMC does change the now playing title (when a song is changed) for internet audio stream.
The streams supplied by the music addon Digitally Imported could be used for testing.
Awesome work on the video streaming. Works in most cases!

Any chance of getting an option to export library to a html page. I remember Winamp used to have an option like this that would display a html page of everything in your library, was pretty cool for showing people your library contents.

For reference: http://en.kioskea.net/faq/4447-winamp-ge...tml-format
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Chorus - A Web UI10