• 149(current)
Release Aeon Nox 5
Guys someone help me!!!! PLEASE!

I am running Gotham 13.1 on M8 box. I can only open addons in nox if I create a menu for them. If I go to system addons enabled addons I cannot open anything it will only let me configure addons, what am I doing wrong?
(2014-09-17, 20:19)gashalasha7 Wrote: Guys someone help me!!!! PLEASE!

I am running Gotham 13.1 on M8 box. I can only open addons in nox if I create a menu for them. If I go to system addons enabled addons I cannot open anything it will only let me configure addons, what am I doing wrong?

You are trying to open them from the wrong menu. Video addons can be opened from the Video submenu, Program addons can be opened in Apps, Music addons can be opened in the Music submenu, etc. or as you mentioned you can create custom menu items for addons.
ASUS Chromebox M004U (LibreELEC 8.2/Aeon Nox SiLVO)--->HDMI--->Onkyo TX-NR646--->HDMI--->Panasonic P65VT30
(2014-09-17, 20:40)wgstarks Wrote:
(2014-09-17, 20:19)gashalasha7 Wrote: Guys someone help me!!!! PLEASE!

You are trying to open them from the wrong menu. Video addons can be opened from the Video submenu, Program addons can be opened in Apps, Music addons can be opened in the Music submenu, etc. or as you mentioned you can create custom menu items for addons.

Thanks alot mate, so simple!!! Cheers
(2014-09-17, 19:08)mxlance Wrote: does anyone know if it is possible to have the background image change on focus of a submenu item on the home screen?
hope this makes sense.
thanks

It should be doable, if you don't mind editing a couple of skin files and doing some experimenting (I know the basics of what to do, not the specifics!)

First you'll need to add a file called overrides.xml to the shortcuts directory in skin.aeon.nox.5, with the following contents

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<overrides>
    <backgroundBrowse>True</backgroundBrowse>
</overrides>

This will tell the skin shortcuts script to allow you to browse for a background image, after you give it a button to do so. To give it that button, head into 1080i, and edit script-skinshortcuts.xml. You need to add a new button with id 310. This button is what will initiate the selecting of a background for a shortcut.

(Actually, I have vague rememberings that because the script-skinshortcuts.xml is quite heavily based on the sample provided with the script, the button is still in there just not visible...)

Finally, you'll need to edit Includes-BackgroundBuilding.xml, to actually display the selected background. You'll need to add a new image which is only displayed when the submenu is selected (<visible>Control.HasFocus(9010)</visible>), which grabs its image from the submenu item. So something along the lines of:

Code:
<texture fallback="special://skin/backgrounds/default_bg.jpg">$INFO[Container(9010).ListItem.Property(Background)]</texture>

You'll have to play around with exactly where this needs to go in the relevant xml file. More details on managing backgrounds with skin shortcuts here. (See "Managing Custom Backgrounds" near the start of the file, and "Override.xml" section 3)
(2014-09-16, 07:09)snyft Wrote: Have been using the 4.1.9 Nox version until now.
I have a problem, i used to have a custom shortcut that was linked to Twitch tv addon and a submenu that was youtube and some other video addons. How do i make this work in 5.x.x version?

Customize the menu and submenu in skin settings. I believe all of the settings you require are already available in the list of options for video add-ons.
@Unfledged
wow!
this is way more help than i was expecting. thank you.
i have not done anything this extensive so far.
this will be my weekend project.
thanks again
Hi all,

Is it possible to change the background image when opening windows? I dont mean the background image for each menu item, I mean the spaceman background when you open weather for example.

Using a mac with mavericks and also android m8 box with Gotham 13.2

Thanks in advance for any help
(2014-09-18, 09:58)gashalasha7 Wrote: Hi all,

Is it possible to change the background image when opening windows? I dont mean the background image for each menu item, I mean the spaceman background when you open weather for example.

There is a menu item in skin settings dealing with backgrounds. I think it is labelled "Choose Background Images" but that's a guess. It's found at the same level as the option to customize the main menu.
Hi all and thanks for the great skin!

I have a question regarding tv shows: is there a way to display the total number of episodes aired for each season/serie next to the total number of episodes inside the library?
Something like 10/35 to tell that you got 10 episodes in your library (watched or unwatched it doesn't matter) out of a total of 35 aired episodes.

Thank you very much!
(2014-09-18, 10:28)Warner306 Wrote:

There is a menu item in skin settings dealing with backgrounds. I think it is labelled "Choose Background Images" but that's a guess. It's found at the same level as the option to customize the main menu.

Yeah but do you mean the skin backgrounds rather than the menu option backgrounds?
Hi all!

I've been really enjoying the Aeon Nox skin, and wanted to first say amazing job! I'm running Aeon Nox 5.1.5 within XBMC 13.2 Gotham. I'm currently having some issues regarding the VideoExtras addon not properly displaying "Extras" videos in the TV Shows area of XBMC. I've already submitted my issue in that addon's thread, but according to them it's looking like the current issue I'm having is skin related.

Posts #642 to #647 to in the below link explain my situation.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1796325

Any help is appreciated!
(2014-09-18, 11:44)gashalasha7 Wrote:
(2014-09-18, 10:28)Warner306 Wrote:

Yeah but do you mean the skin backgrounds rather than the menu option backgrounds?

Yes, these backgrounds pertain to media types: TV Shows, Movies, Favourites, Video, Video Addons, etc.
just wanna say love this skin was sceptic at first as used all the mods on gotham 4.1.9 version from here....but now starting to get the look i want in aeon nox 5 and just quality so speedy loving it, just few things not figured out yet but will keep reading away ;-)
Any chance of making the tracks that have been rated with stars gold/yellow so they stand out more?

At the moment I find it hard to differentiate between rated and unrated songs.

It could be done under just the gold colour scheme.

@kizzer31: thx

@zag: will have a look at that.
  • 149(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Aeon Nox 537