• 10(current)
Release Aeon Nox 5
(2014-01-25, 20:58)warlion Wrote: @BigNoid are you planning to add tvshow next aired widget like AN 4?

Well it's already integrated! The option just isn't in the skin settings by default. In home screen customisation just use a custom entry to point to the addon.
Like the new look. It's fast and clean. Couple of questions though. I noticed that text is a lot bigger and there is more blank space between items. In the TriPanel view you used to be able to fit 15 items on screen, now it's 12. In the list view you used to be able to fit 13 items, now 7. Is this the look you are going for, or is there going to be a more compact option for text? It's just a lot of scrolling, on my 50" tv everything looks too big and there's just a lot of wasted space.

I also noticed on the main menu the sub-menus take a second or 2 to show once you hit the down arrow, where before you had an option to always show them.

Also no logos in the corner on TriPanel (720p/1080p, channel name, ect). I think someone already mentioned this though.

Minor nitpick, but the 10 day weather forecast layout is kind of odd. Instead of a vertical view where you see the next day under the previous, every day goes left right, left right, ect. Visually it's just kind of hard to follow. If you are keeping the 2 column view, I think it would make more sense to go from top to bottom instead of side to side, if you get what I'm saying.
Awesome work mate ! Incredibly fasts and slick, keep up the work
(2014-01-25, 20:58)warlion Wrote: @BigNoid are you planning to add tvshow next aired widget like AN 4?

If the next aired script gets updated to the new directory listings, then yes.

(2014-01-25, 22:23)StinDaWg Wrote: Like the new look. It's fast and clean. Couple of questions though. I noticed that text is a lot bigger and there is more blank space between items. In the TriPanel view you used to be able to fit 15 items on screen, now it's 12. In the list view you used to be able to fit 13 items, now 7. Is this the look you are going for, or is there going to be a more compact option for text? It's just a lot of scrolling, on my 50" tv everything looks too big and there's just a lot of wasted space.

I also noticed on the main menu the sub-menus take a second or 2 to show once you hit the down arrow, where before you had an option to always show them.

Also no logos in the corner on TriPanel (720p/1080p, channel name, ect). I think someone already mentioned this though.

Minor nitpick, but the 10 day weather forecast layout is kind of odd. Instead of a vertical view where you see the next day under the previous, every day goes left right, left right, ect. Visually it's just kind of hard to follow. If you are keeping the 2 column view, I think it would make more sense to go from top to bottom instead of side to side, if you get what I'm saying.

I intentionally made things bigger. It just works better on tv and the wasted spaces help to create the clean look.
I'm not sure about adding flags in tripanel view, I want to avoid cramming the screen in the viewtypes with lots of information and adding flags there would take away the focus off the third panel.
You could very well be right about the 10 day weather forecast. I remember changing it a couple times from horizontal to vertical. Will have a second look at that.
(2014-01-25, 22:21)thebluepotato Wrote:

Well it's already integrated! The option just isn't in the skin settings by default. In home screen customisation just use a custom entry to point to the addon.

its not only is a small integration for the viewtypes when the show will be aired but I'm asking for a widget like an4 as already BigNoid pointed it will depend of the add on upgrades , I really hope so cuz I use a lot that app really a lot
(2014-01-25, 22:58)BigNoid Wrote: I'm not sure about adding flags in tripanel view, I want to avoid cramming the screen in the viewtypes with lots of information and adding flags there would take away the focus off the third panel.
I understand your viewpoint of keeping things clean, but without the flags it makes it hard to see what your content is without having to click on each item and hitting info. For instance, if you have the same tv episode or movie in both dvd and blu-ray, you won't know which is which just looking at them from the menu screen. You'll have to click info every single time before playing, which is annoying to say the least.
Never heard of that usecase before. Will see then if can think of something. If I dont find a good solution, adding flags in that view is just a small mod to do yourself Smile
(2014-01-25, 23:54)warlion Wrote:
(2014-01-25, 22:21)thebluepotato Wrote:

its not only is a small integration for the viewtypes when the show will be aired but I'm asking for a widget like an4 as already BigNoid pointed it will depend of the add on upgrades , I really hope so cuz I use a lot that app really a lot

Oh I thought you were talking about the screen where you'd see when which shows air with the logos and all. Coz that one is accessible through the Apps -> TV Show Next Aired or through a custom menu entry. But the widgets per se that you could choose to show on the home screen is indeed absent. Btw I like how BN designed said TV Guide!
Thanks for for putting up with us "users" Smile I noticed that if a movie is associated with a set, there isn't an option for checking/changing movie info. By design or not added yet? Just a matter of curiosity, but, what exactly do you dislike about the low list and episode views? Thanks again for a great skin!!
YOYIZDERZOMENEMOHOZEZAZEZDENDERIZHOZEZ
Looking great. I know it's early days, but is there a way to turn off lyrics on the music full screen yet? Can't seem to find the option.
Well, if I didnt want to put up with users I shouldn't release anything Big Grin And its nice to hear if users like your work.
Nothing wrong with those views, they look great, but I want to have a consistent look throughout the skin, so only views that have the floor texture in them.
@deletedpenguin:turn off run as a service in the lyrics addon setting.
Is a Wall view coming to Videos? In Nox 4, I've been using Wall, Show Icon Label, Vertical Navigation, which gives me a grid of wide aspect thumbnails, filenames below each one. It's the same as I was using in Confluence.
Great job on the skin, looks great so far. I haven't been able to assign local album covers to music albums. If I browse to an album jpg, it won't show a preview and doesn't do anything if I try to select the local image. Do you know if this is a skin or Gotham issue?

Looks like it might be Gotham, the music scrapers don't seem to be using all of my local covers.
Btw BigNoid are you planning to add custom color change, I had to be hones I never like the blue-ish on AeonN I always Change it to orange because my background , just asking to see if I start with a color xml or wait until betas

Thanks
  • 10(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Aeon Nox 537