• 52(current)
Release Aeon Nox 5
For those that have installed, does 5 still have the TV Show logo view option?

I agree that logos all over the place can get kind of silly, but this one case in particular is a shining example of where they can be implemented usefully and to great effect, IMO.
(2014-03-14, 23:28)gizmotoy Wrote: For those that have installed, does 5 still have the TV Show logo view option?

I agree that logos all over the place can get kind of silly, but this one case in particular is a shining example of where they can be implemented usefully and to great effect, IMO.
I agree. I do believe this view is going to be added, isn't currently though.
(2014-03-14, 23:45)Vaikin Wrote:
(2014-03-14, 23:28)gizmotoy Wrote: For those that have installed, does 5 still have the TV Show logo view option?

Never liked or seen a reason to have logos but they look epic here...
That view or the single logo view, especially for movies, looks really amazing. Not overly practical for browsing(can take a while), but looks great.
(2014-03-14, 16:37)BigNoid Wrote:
(2014-03-13, 01:26)Warner306 Wrote: After playing around with the various views in version 4, I have a few requests:

Could you improve the readability of text in Tri-Panel view?
I find the text on the left margin of the third panel difficult to read at times, especially when there is a lot to read. Moving the video case slightly to left, as in version 4, frees up more space to legibly read what is there.

Add the option for extended info as opposed to genre information in more views.
Most views in version 4, such as poster, shift and icons, benefit from having extended info in lieu of an infopanel.

Can you add an option to remove coverflow from Showcase view?
I prefer the side-by-side nature of movie scrolling as opposed to the standard coverflow.

Provide some type of flag to identify sets.
With BD/DVD cases being removed, it is difficult to identify sets in a large catalog of movies. Some types of flag for movie sets would make identifying sets easier.
I think tripanel is fine as is.
Extended info I have to think about.
I wont add an option to remove converflow. There are plenty of poster views already.

I can live with those decisions; extended info would be nice if implemented correctly. But can you consider adding some type of flags for sets? The lack of movie cases makes them difficult to pick-out in large wall views such as icons.

Also, when choosing "sets" from the videos submenu, all potential movie sets are listed as opposed to only those that have multiple movies. This is a deficiency in all skins I've used that could be improved. In a catalog of 320 movies, for example, I am presented with over 70 movie sets, but only 15 or so have partial or completed sets within that series. The others should be excluded as they are not "sets" of items.

Despite the criticism, having played with other skins, I approve of your artistic intent. In most views, with most media, this skin is superior to all others I've tried.

Thanks.
BigNoid, in preview.9 the music osd option to "Hide fan art in full screen visualisation" hides the full screen vis, not the fanart. With it disabled both vis and fanart are visible.
(2014-03-15, 01:54)nick w Wrote:
(2014-03-14, 23:45)Vaikin Wrote:

Never liked or seen a reason to have logos but they look epic here...

This is the reaseon I stil use NOX4 only for this viewBig Grin
I've installed Gotham latest nightly (14th March) and Aeon 5 preview 9 and hit a few roadblocks when trying to replicate my Frodo setup. I appreciate this is a work in progress (and some of these points might already have come up and been discussed) but here's my observations so far:-

1. Custom sub-menu items difficult to create

In the old Aeon Nox I have a menu item for Now Playing, with sub menu items "Play DVD" "Eject DVD" "Rip CD" etc. These were really easy to build as Aeon Nox had a quick access to a whole bunch of built-in functions right in the editor. However with the new skin I have to manually set custom menu items by typing in commands.

Is there any chance that either an autocomplete function or a just a drop down list of common commands is coming? otherwise I think I'll go mad setting up all my custom sub menus

2. No Icon view in Pictures any more

I have a main menu item for pictures and another for videos (home movies, clips of the kid etc). I'd love to be able to browse these quickly with thumbnails.

3. No Live CD Cases background any more

I use the Live DVD cases and Live CD cases as backgrounds on the appropriate main menu items in Frodo, I'd love to see this come back

4. No Random Live DVD Cases background any more

I see only options for recent or a playlist. I prefer just simple old Random (and the same goes for Live CD cases above), would be very happy if this is coming back

5. No Small Shift view in Movies any more

Nearly all of the movie view options block out a large proportion of my fan art. On Frodo I used the Shift view, with small cases. This worked brilliantly as I could see at least 66% of the fanart while scrolling through my movies. At the moment I'm using ShowCase but its a poor substitute.

See what I mean :-)
Just noticed this also - in the new skin is there a way to set the default/fallback fan art? in my Album view I can see the default fanart looks to be my movie menu background, not the background I have set for the Music main menu item.

It's the same in Artist view when browsing the thumbs, but if you bring up the artist detail screen and there's no fanart for that artist its just blank:

I am using the old Aeon Nox backgrounds (unchanged) as a Multi-Image background which I have set at main menu item level. In the old Nox it used fallback_music.jpg, has that functionality gone?
Love this skin sine 1.x to 4.1.9. I saw previous Nox can offer most my media artwork to show in nice view. For this release, I feel something I like has missing. So I keep watching for new addition until the final release.
(2014-03-15, 12:15)davew_uk Wrote: 1. Custom sub-menu items difficult to create

In the old Aeon Nox I have a menu item for Now Playing, with sub menu items "Play DVD" "Eject DVD" "Rip CD" etc. These were really easy to build as Aeon Nox had a quick access to a whole bunch of built-in functions right in the editor. However with the new skin I have to manually set custom menu items by typing in commands.

"Play DVD" and "Eject DVD" are there in the first displayed group of shortcuts - scroll down in the list on the right. You're right that there's no "Rip CD" and a few others, so I've added an extra group of shortcuts (XBMC Commands) to the github repo (use the arrows above the list on the right to switch between groups). If there are any obvious commands still missing, feel free to suggest them.

(2014-03-15, 12:15)davew_uk Wrote: Is there any chance that either an autocomplete function or a just a drop down list of common commands is coming? otherwise I think I'll go mad setting up all my custom sub menus

There are no plans for an autocomplete or drop down list. If you prefer, though, you can add a button with the id 401 to Nox5's script-skinshortcuts.xml file. This button would let you choose shortcuts using the skins select dialog, rather than from the list.
Quote:"Play DVD" and "Eject DVD" are there in the first displayed group of shortcuts - scroll down in the list on the right. You're right that there's no "Rip CD" and a few others, so I've added an extra group of shortcuts (XBMC Commands) to the github repo (use the arrows above the list on the right to switch between groups). If there are any obvious commands still missing, feel free to suggest them.

Many thanks, I'll give that a try later. I think the only other ones I was using that were not based on a favourite were Update Video Library and Update Music Library.
(2014-03-15, 14:04)davew_uk Wrote:
Quote:"Play DVD" and "Eject DVD" are there in the first displayed group of shortcuts - scroll down in the list on the right. You're right that there's no "Rip CD" and a few others, so I've added an extra group of shortcuts (XBMC Commands) to the github repo (use the arrows above the list on the right to switch between groups). If there are any obvious commands still missing, feel free to suggest them.

Many thanks, I'll give that a try later. I think the only other ones I was using that were not based on a favourite were Update Video Library and Update Music Library.

Again, both are there - at the bottom of the Common list in the repo version, and on the XBMC Commands list on github Smile
Since there are no cases in view options in 5, is there any way to indicate visually that a movie is 3D? I have smart playlists but it would still be nice if each movie showed if it was 3D or not. Even at the bottom where it shows 1080p, DTS, etc would be fine. Is the only way to add custom art somehow? I've noticed in Confluence that the movies show a 3D logo along with the resolution and studio format.
Server: Synology Diskstation 1511+ with 8x WD Red NAS 3TB drives, DSM 5.2
Main HTPC: Home Built i3, 8GB RAM, Corsair 128GB SSD, nVidia 630GTX, Harmony Home Control, Pioneer VSX-53, Panasonic VT30 65" 3D TV, Windows 10, Isengard
Bedroom HTPC: Zotac-ID 41 8GB RAM, 128GB SSD, Rii micro keyboard remote, Samsung HW-E550, Sony 32" Google TV, OpenElec 6.0 beta 4
(2014-03-13, 18:30)djhifi Wrote: Any reason why the "recent episodes" widget (so, the serice.library.data.provider plugin) on tvshows is only giving me one entry per update? (of course i'm adding more than 1 episode!)
Please update the library provider script. This was fixed last week or so.

I've done so. No results
  • 52(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Aeon Nox 537