• 54(current)
Release Aeon Nox 5
(2014-03-15, 23:22)Vaikin Wrote:
(2014-03-15, 22:26)Warner306 Wrote: I assume some type of custom playlist manager is still in the works?

What do you mean? and why?

You can use playlists to make widgets and backgrounds right now.

How might I do the following:

Create a playlist on the home screen;
Change the info line to display only those items in the playlist;
Create a widget showing recent additions to the playlist;
Choose a background displaying random fanart from the playlist only.

In version 4, this is all accomplished by adding items to the custom playlist manager, which auto-populated the widgets, background choices and infoline.
Skin Settings -> Setup main menu.

Widget -> Video Playlists
Background -> Live DVD Cases -> Video Playlists

The info line isn't currently possible.
(2014-03-16, 01:56)Vaikin Wrote: Skin Settings -> Setup main menu.

Is that as complex as it is going to get? I would prefer playlist fanart and the ability to choose specific playlist widgets such as recent playlist additions, in-progress movies, recommended, etc. Version 4 is more flexible in this manner.
I am not sure if this is a gotham problem or an aeon nox problem. But no matter what I do. once i select any show to play. once its over it auto repeats. I delete it from the playlist start a new show and it just repeats. Anyone know if its a gotham bug or skin bug?
(2014-03-16, 02:46)Warner306 Wrote:
(2014-03-16, 01:56)Vaikin Wrote: Skin Settings -> Setup main menu.

Is that as complex as it is going to get? I would prefer playlist fanart and the ability to choose specific playlist widgets such as recent playlist additions, in-progress movies, recommended, etc. Version 4 is more flexible in this manner.
The widget displays the smart playlist as it was created. So if you want random/recent/etc, build it into the playlist...or build a 2nd playlist for the widget to use. As for backgrounds, no idea. There are live dvd cases, I don't imagine it would be hard to allow rotating fanart.
I've been using Nox 5 since Preview 1, really appreciate the work you've done on this. I don't use widgets or live backgrounds, so can't comment on them. I'm in the group that is having issues with Artist Slideshow working consistently, but I realize that is a script issue. Haven't run into any bugs, just one typo... Smile
  • The "Video plot peference" text in Skin Settings needs another "r".

And now for my wishlist:
  • Love the new InfoWall. Just wish it was available for Music.
  • The Icon viewtype for the Sets submenu item doesn't have the standard aspect ratio for posters. It would be nice if the Movie Icon and InfoWall viewtypes were available for the Sets submenu item. (I'm not running the Movie Sets script.)
I am trying the beta and found a bug with 3D labeling.
Using tripanel view I do see a "Blu-ray 3D" logo at the bottom right for all my 3D movies which is good but in the list itself right beside the rating it just has a dash like the image is just a place holder for a missing proper one. HD and SD both work
Really enjoying this skin.Smile
Any chance of having an optional plot box added to the shift view?
Is there any way to make the landscape view in tv episodes into a fixed list so it doesn't loop?
(2014-03-16, 03:03)hewligun Wrote: I am not sure if this is a gotham problem or an aeon nox problem. But no matter what I do. once i select any show to play. once its over it auto repeats. I delete it from the playlist start a new show and it just repeats. Anyone know if its a gotham bug or skin bug?
Definitely not a skin bug.

(2014-03-16, 05:01)bryanbrazil Wrote: I've been using Nox 5 since Preview 1, really appreciate the work you've done on this. I don't use widgets or live backgrounds, so can't comment on them. I'm in the group that is having issues with Artist Slideshow working consistently, but I realize that is a script issue. Haven't run into any bugs, just one typo... Smile
  • The "Video plot peference" text in Skin Settings needs another "r".

And now for my wishlist:
  • Love the new InfoWall. Just wish it was available for Music.
  • The Icon viewtype for the Sets submenu item doesn't have the standard aspect ratio for posters. It would be nice if the Movie Icon and InfoWall viewtypes were available for the Sets submenu item. (I'm not running the Movie Sets script.)

InfoWall for music will be added. Right, I will fix the sets node to have correct aspect ratios. InfoWall for default sets node doesnt make much sense as theres virtually no info available without running scripts.
(2014-03-16, 05:23)shadow Wrote: I am trying the beta and found a bug with 3D labeling.
Using tripanel view I do see a "Blu-ray 3D" logo at the bottom right for all my 3D movies which is good but in the list itself right beside the rating it just has a dash like the image is just a place holder for a missing proper one. HD and SD both work
I see, will fix that
(2014-03-16, 10:38)cocawe Wrote: Really enjoying this skin.Smile
Any chance of having an optional plot box added to the shift view?
I wouldn't know where to add that without compromising the view.
(2014-03-16, 11:44)Deadpool Wrote: Is there any way to make the landscape view in tv episodes into a fixed list so it doesn't loop?
Theres an advanced setting that will allow for lists to not loop anymore.
(2014-03-16, 12:51)BigNoid Wrote:
(2014-03-16, 11:44)Deadpool Wrote: Is there any way to make the landscape view in tv episodes into a fixed list so it doesn't loop?
Theres an advanced setting that will allow for lists to not loop anymore.

In the new logo view, that setting doens't work, it allways loop.
(2014-03-15, 21:20)BigNoid Wrote: Updated first post with first Beta release. This means at this point nothing big gets added anymore. Please report bugs as you find them, thx Smile

Sorry if there is an obvious answer for this. How do I upgrade from the Preview 9 to the Beta release? I tried using the install from zip but didn't see any indication that the Preview version changed to Beta. I would have unzipped manually and copy the files to the Aeon Nox skin folder but I'm not able to find the skin folder in the xbmc >addons folder.

Where is the Aeon Nox skin folder and how do I update to the Beta version?
(2014-03-16, 17:30)DennisNY Wrote:
(2014-03-15, 21:20)BigNoid Wrote: Updated first post with first Beta release. This means at this point nothing big gets added anymore. Please report bugs as you find them, thx Smile

Sorry if there is an obvious answer for this. How do I upgrade from the Preview 9 to the Beta release? I tried using the install from zip but didn't see any indication that the Preview version changed to Beta. I would have unzipped manually and copy the files to the Aeon Nox skin folder but I'm not able to find the skin folder in the xbmc >addons folder.

For windows:
%AppData%\Roaming\XBMC\Addons\<skin folder>

Overwrite all old files with the new files.
(2014-03-16, 17:44)Vaikin Wrote:
(2014-03-16, 17:30)DennisNY Wrote:

For windows:
%AppData%\Roaming\XBMC\Addons\<skin folder>

Overwrite all old files with the new files.

Got it. Thanks!
Some minor feedback about the skin version preview 1

1) coming out of a movies or music or whatever and going back to the home screen the weather temp always shows as C and then as i move around it switches to F
any idea why/fix?

2) For TV shows the same 1-2 fan art always shows, where as music seems to show a wide variety of images.
now My tv shows links are external (WMC), but i assumed choosing "random" fan art would just show a bunch of random tv based images.

3)most of my backgrounds are static images or random fan art. but on my "TV series" section i have chosen Live DVD cases as my background and whenever i scroll TO tv series it lags/stutters a little bit and i do have a beefy PC. but then scrolling past that (back to random fan art backgrounds) everything is smooth again. so something about loading Live DVD cases makes it lag.
for ref. quad core 3ghz 16gb ram, 2gb pcix card.. so more than enough horse power.

4) thanks for adding an extra view for photos in this release! Smile
  • 54(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Aeon Nox 537