• 56(current)
Release Aeon Nox 5
Artist slideshow seems to be working as described now, good stuff. However it is extremely difficult to find the magic combination of options to activate it.

To make it work I had to:-

1. Play a music file
2. Go into fullscreen mode
3. Mouse up to the top to find the menu
4. Click the second icon from the left and select "no visualisation"
5. Click the icon at the end and select fanart
...in addition to having artist slideshow correctly installed and configured

I have no idea how I would accomplish that with a remote control or with the keyboard. Since I'm testing all this on my desktop its not a big deal to use the mouse, but my HTPC doesn't have one. So it seems I can't switch between visualisation and artist slideshow when playing music in the living room with this skin.
(2014-03-17, 22:01)davew_uk Wrote: Default fanart is still not working for me in beta 2.

Here's what I did

1. Unzipped beta 2 over the top of AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\skin.aeon.nox.5

2. Go to skin settings, setup main menu, music menu item, confirmed that background is set to multi-image and set to my custom path

3. Go to Music, select an album with no fanart

expected result - see rotating background images as set in step 2
actual result - see rotating background images for my Videos menu entry

I think (and this is pure speculation) that it doesn't realise I have customised my main menu. I'm not using the default Music main menu item, its completely custom and points to Music/Albums. I don't remember which main menu item I edited to create it. Many of my other main menu items are custom as well, so perhaps it is picking up the background of whatever I customised the default music main menu item to.

In any case, it is *not* picking up the background of the parent menu item.

EDIT: not working for videos either. I still see the default background image.
I tested the same thing and on my end it shows the main menu items images.

(2014-03-17, 22:14)davew_uk Wrote: Artist slideshow seems to be working as described now, good stuff. However it is extremely difficult to find the magic combination of options to activate it.

To make it work I had to:-

1. Play a music file
2. Go into fullscreen mode
3. Mouse up to the top to find the menu
4. Click the second icon from the left and select "no visualisation"
5. Click the icon at the end and select fanart
...in addition to having artist slideshow correctly installed and configured

I have no idea how I would accomplish that with a remote control or with the keyboard. Since I'm testing all this on my desktop its not a big deal to use the mouse, but my HTPC doesn't have one. So it seems I can't switch between visualisation and artist slideshow when playing music in the living room with this skin.

No, thats not correct. Out of the box it shows fanart from artist slideshow images blended into milkdrop visualization. On existing installs all that is required is that the background is set to fanart. Now if you choose a visualization that is fullscreen you have the option to not show fanart in the visualization, in that case you only see the visualization. In case of for instance directx spectrum visualization that option is not enabled and fanart is always shown.
(2014-03-17, 20:09)BigNoid Wrote:
(2014-03-17, 17:56)Namerp Wrote: It that a known bug ? (Confluence work well)

I dont know how to reproduce that.

I don´t know if it is only VDR or every other DVB Client too.

At least you need a Linux and VDR Server/Client (for example OpenElec with VDR-addon + VNSI5 PVR Client).
As it is a Gotham feature, it would be nice if it get supported (maybe copy this part from Confluence ?).
Quote:On existing installs all that is required is that the background is set to fanart

...in a menu that is only accessible when a music file is playing, in fullscreen and when you press M or mouse up to the top of the screen. Where you then have to pick from a bunch of icons that have no labels or tooltips. My remote doesn't even have "m" mapped to anything, I've only ever seen those menus when I've been splashtopped into my HTPC and I accidentally touch the top of the screen with the mouse.

Quote:I tested the same thing and on my end it shows the main menu items images.

So what do you suggest I do to resolve the issue?
Again, if you dont ever see that screen artist slideshow still works. Osd is a basic function that works on all remotes out of the box.
Quote:Again, if you dont ever see that screen artist slideshow still works.

Sure, but blended with a visualisation that it took me half an hour to find out how to turn off - and OSD is -not- mapped by default on my Microsoft MCE remote. Nor was "c" for context menu, nor "I" for info, nor "tab" for fullscreen. I have had XBMC running on my HTPC for a couple of years now and even I'm only just discovering these functions even exist.

In Nox 4 you very kindly put in a menu item in the skin settings for both "now playing" and visualisation options. Like several other things from Nox 4 that I've already mentioned I'd like to see them come back if you could be persuaded.

...and I'd very much appreciate a suggestion on how to fix the fanart issue. I keep seeing the default background everywhere in my setup.
The fanart should just work. It does on my end and i double checked the code and see nothing wrong with it. Maybe delete the skin folder first and then unzip manually, or reset the guisettings.xml.
In v4 now playing and viz were highly configurable, hence the settings sections. In v5 there are almost no options for both. The only thing that average users would want to change is the visualization itself and that is done by most in the xbmc music settings section.
I'm keeping options to a minimum for v5, so most of those things have to be modded.
Thanks for the updates thus far.
I believe I have found an issue in beta 2.
The settings > live tv > group manager seems to be missing a texture

I also was wondering if there are any plans to add some info for logo view like episode count for tv shows or resolution info, rating, genre, or anything like that? Personally I like the info from shift view.

Thank You!
Quote:The fanart should just work. It does on my end and i double checked the code and see nothing wrong with it. Maybe delete the skin folder first and then unzip manually, or reset the guisettings.xml

Can't reset guisettings.xml, too much time invested in customising it already - I'm setting up four different skins to see which is the best.

I'll do a directory compare between the skin folder and a clean copy to see if anything is different but I'm doubtful. IIRC this has happened since my very first install of the skin anyway.

Quote:In v4 now playing and viz were highly configurable, hence the settings sections. In v5 there are almost no options for both. The only thing that average users would want to change is the visualization itself and that is done by most in the xbmc music settings section.

XBMC core music settings do not have any options whatsoever for visualisation, I'm looking at them right now.

Quote:I'm keeping options to a minimum for v5, so most of those things have to be modded.

If it results in a lighter skin that uses less CPU/GPU I'm all for it. But in several areas I can only put it to you that you've taken away too much - everyone will have their own favourite personal feature only they use, but burying menus doesn't really fall into that category.
I have a few remaining suggestions for improving the current beta release:

1. The visibility of text on the home screen is very poor when combined with fan-art:

The text is much easier to read in version 4. Perhaps making the text white or providing a background would remedy the situation?

2. Now playing items suffer from the same problem of readability against competing fan-art:

3. I was hoping you would add some episode information to more views for TV shows. Shift, in particular, could benefit:

This is how the view is handled in version 4. Also, any additional extended info below the poster would be welcome in all video sections:

4. I believe this is a bug. Video fan-art is displayed in the music section when no music fan-art is available. In this example, High Fidelity is shown in the background of the "Artists" page:

5. This is a small request...In infowall, could you replace the "Genre" of the movie with the "Director?" I believe the director is the most important member of the film's cast and more informative than the genre.

Also, it would be nice if infowall was available in more areas such as Video Add-Ons and Music.

6. Lastly, is the Smart Playlist Manager returning? That is perhaps my most requested feature. Playlist selections for items such as backgrounds, infolines and widgets are sorely lacking.

Thanks for all your hard work! This skin will see plenty of use by myself over the next year.
The playlist manager was basically used for the randomandlastitems script, which is no longer used. Playlist backgrounds and widgets are already implemented and work just fine.
(2014-03-18, 02:46)Vaikin Wrote: The playlist manager was basically used for the randomandlastitems script, which is no longer used. Playlist backgrounds and widgets are already implemented and work just fine.

I know what's available for playlists, but I think it is inadequate. I want to recreate the appearance of the Home Screen below:

In this instance, I have a playlist with a corresponding infoline, radom fanart playing in the background and a widget of the latest movies added to the playlist.

At this time, I could only recreate the widget in version 5. Even then, I would have to create a custom playlist to do so, as only one fixed widget (the all movies in the playlist widget) is available by default. I find this a great step-down from version 4 for anyone who uses custom playlists.

Using the current system, could you provide to an option to associate the infoline to a video playlist? Similarly, in background choices, could you add an option to associate random fan-art to a video playlist? These two options would alleviate my concerns.

Thanks.
(2014-03-17, 17:02)Macgyv Wrote: I guess it's too late but the only things I miss is the BigFan view (I love to use it for my movies) and the episode view (with only the fanart and the episodes on the right), it was a clean view showing again most of the fanart.

I also use these views in Nox 4 (as well as Low List for TV Show view) and I would love to see them added to Nox 5.
Maximum fanart exposure Wink
I use this skin on my bedroom htpc which is not 3D so I don't mind no indication of 3D movies. Since it won't display cases, can it at least show a 3D logo somewhere for 3d tagged movies? I use Nox 4.1.9 on my living room htpc because I love the case view and it's easy to identify 3D movies. Still, great work. I use the orange theme which is actually quite cool.
Server: Synology Diskstation 1511+ with 8x WD Red NAS 3TB drives, DSM 5.2
Main HTPC: Home Built i3, 8GB RAM, Corsair 128GB SSD, nVidia 630GTX, Harmony Home Control, Pioneer VSX-53, Panasonic VT30 65" 3D TV, Windows 10, Isengard
Bedroom HTPC: Zotac-ID 41 8GB RAM, 128GB SSD, Rii micro keyboard remote, Samsung HW-E550, Sony 32" Google TV, OpenElec 6.0 beta 4
Is there clearart support in Nox 5 as i can only see logo.
  • 56(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Aeon Nox 537