• 63(current)
Release Aeon Nox 5
(2014-03-26, 15:37)patseguin Wrote: <snip>
I'll also unzip the contents to the skin directory (a little difficult on OpenElec but not impossible).
<snip>

OpenElec has SSH, right? Something like FileZilla (available for Linux, Windows, and Mac) set to SFTP mode would make transfers super easy Wink
(2014-03-25, 21:00)zag Wrote: Is there any way to get the program info dialogue up with just the "info" button?

At the moment I have to hit "OK" then "info" to see the program info. Unfortunatly that means the channel selector also shows.

Where did you get those channel icons? Please share Smile

BigNoid, I know you don't use Live TV and Nox 5 is all about being clean, but this is too clean..

In confluence when switching channels you get this:

In Nox 5:

Any chance of showing the channel icon & channel name in a Nox-ified way? Smile
(2014-03-26, 19:43)smiffy1989 Wrote: Where did you get those channel icons? Please share Smile

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=190262
Does anyone know when Youtube addon will be functional?

It's a bit lame to have the "trailers" button and the program which plays them...is broken since last year !
(2014-03-26, 19:43)smiffy1989 Wrote: ....

+1. It would be nice to have some info regarding which channel is currently playing.
(2014-03-27, 03:48)djhifi Wrote: Does anyone know when Youtube addon will be functional?

It's a bit lame to have the "trailers" button and the program which plays them...is broken since last year !
I just picked a random movie and hit the trailer button...worked just fine.
It seems as though the recently added widgets wake my file server when the gotham option to 'wake remote servers when accessed', looks like theyre trying to access fanart:

Code:
18:56:35 T:140671360943872  NOTICE: WakeOnAccess [PRIME] trigged by accessing : smb://PRIME/tvshows/The Simpsons/season 25/The Simpsons - 25x13 - The Man Who Grew Too Much-poster.png

Plus the widgets dont show any data when the server is suspended, although xbmc's recently addend library option behaves as normal.

Is there anyway to force the widgets to use local data so file server isnt woken every time I turn on xbmc?
(2014-03-27, 04:06)teeedubb Wrote:
(2014-03-26, 19:43)smiffy1989 Wrote: ....

+1. It would be nice to have some info regarding which channel is currently playing.

+2 Big Grin
I've been a bit busy with real life, I'll have some time next week to look at things.

@zag and @smiffy1989 and @teeedubb:
Knowing what channel you are surfing makes sense to add. Will think of something.
@BigNoid
Nice skin so far, glad to finally see Aeon running stable on the rpi. Also, do you think a bigger font can be introduced in the future. On a sdtv some things are unreadable. Thanks Smile
(2014-03-26, 20:07)zag Wrote:
(2014-03-26, 19:43)smiffy1989 Wrote: Where did you get those channel icons? Please share Smile

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=190262

Nice, thanks Smile

(2014-03-27, 14:19)BigNoid Wrote: I've been a bit busy with real life, I'll have some time next week to look at things.

@zag and @smiffy1989 and @teeedubb:
Knowing what channel you are surfing makes sense to add. Will think of something.

Ah life.. always getting in the way of everything! Thanks in advance Big Grin
I've finally spent some time with Nox5, and may I say first of all what a great job - the orange theme in particular, with the colour being used to provide an unobtrusive yet beautiful highlight, is truly superb. However, as someone with more than a little bit of OCD there were a couple of things which irked me which I hope you'll look at Smile

First of all, the mouse cursor. I get that this isn't a skin primarily designed for mouse control, but I do find myself using mouse occasionally and the cursor appears to be slightly off. By that I mean, in the following picture, the cursor is clearly over the submenu, but the main menu is actually highlighted... Also, it seems really large in comparison to other UI elements (such as, for example, the sub-menu or those three dots in the corner of the library that show view options).

Second, and really showing my OCD, is the size of items in lists. The difference in height (and font weight) between the settings menu list, and the list view just irked me. It doesn't feel to me like there needs to be such a difference in the height/weight of these lists... (and when going from settings to add-ons it felt quite jarring)

The HD tag - Great. Similarly to the colour theme, it's nicely understated yet works wonderfully.. But why, in the Shift view, do I get both the HD tag over on the left and the resolution over to the right? It feels like one is redundant. And, just personal preference, but I really could live without the studio flag in all the views. The studio that made the item doesn't affect my choice of whether I'm going to watch it at all. Personally, I'd prefer to see the audio channel, or perhaps as you already do for some views for seasons and episodes, and have the items icon there.

But, overall, Nox5 is seriously impressive. Thank you for it.
Regarding the Orange theme, I love it and use it as the default but is there any way to get the song playing orange to be made a little more yellow like the rest of the highlights? It looks out of place at the moment and I much prefer the yellow colour.
Great work on the skin it works great on pi it feels very smooth and fluid. Not sure has this been pointed out but when you go to live tv channel manager it looks like the transparency is too high.

When I enable widgets for recentmovies all I get is busy cursor. Below error is the cause. I cannot find what add-on do I need to install to fix this.

14:25:51 253.745331 T:2869584976 ERROR: GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://service.library.data.provider/?type=recentmovies&reload=
  • 63(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Aeon Nox 537