• 80(current)
Release Aeon Nox 5
Ive noticed when in showcase view and I land on a collection, with info panel turned on there is literally no information that populates in the info panel itself. This only happens on collections. I have all of the plug ins with the exception of movie sets because no matter how I try to install it I get the dependancies not met error. Any ideas anyone?
Yeah, that is a limitation of xbmc, which can be solved using scripts, but that greatly reduces performance. I personally disable the "Group movies in sets" option and if I want to browse sets, I use the moviesets plugin (which you have to unzip manually, not installing through zip).
Gotcha. How would I enable the add on if I unzip it manually? FYI. I run istat in osx which give me an overview of system performance. Between this and nox 4.1.9 my RAM usage has dropped in half!
I've done quite a bit of searching without much luck. I just upgraded to the official Gotham release and installed Aeon Nox 5, but I can't get Artist Slideshow to work when I'm on my homescreens. If I go into fullscreen music mode it cycles through the artist pictures just fine, so I know the add-on is working, but having it outside fullscreen mode is one of my favorite features. I've tried a bunch of the suggestions in this thread, but nothing has stuck. Thanks in advance.
It should be in the video addon section.
@ynksbsbll2: I'm encouraging in this version to use the fullscreen mode. It saves a lot of code to keep the home screen relatively simple in that regard. In other words: those features were dropped.
(2014-05-04, 18:05)BigNoid Wrote: @ynksbsbll2: I'm encouraging in this version to use the fullscreen mode. It saves a lot of code to keep the home screen relatively simple in that regard. In other words: those features were dropped.

Ah OK, that would explain my difficulties then. Thanks for the quick response.
(2014-05-03, 22:30)BigNoid Wrote: @gizmotoy: Yeah, Episode view seems to be missed by quite a few people. For me it was one of the views looks great on first glance, but doesnt fit this version of the skin because of a couple of reasons:
- the full height right side list doesnt go well with the transition animation I use.
- That same list is in the way of the scrolling letter (it would be the only view that does that).
And personally I always hated the way the plot scrolled inside the focused item.

If you want a view with lots of fanart exposure, try out lowlist and toggle it in the lower position.

(2014-05-04, 10:21)BigNoid Wrote:
(2014-05-04, 02:09)gizmotoy Wrote:
(2014-05-03, 22:30)BigNoid Wrote: @gizmotoy: Yeah, Episode view seems to be missed by quite a few people. For me it was one of the views looks great on first glance, but doesnt fit this version of the skin because of a couple of reasons:
- the full height right side list doesnt go well with the transition animation I use.
- That same list is in the way of the scrolling letter (it would be the only view that does that).
And personally I always hated the way the plot scrolled inside the focused item.

If you want a view with lots of fanart exposure, try out lowlist and toggle it in the lower position.

Perhaps I'm missing something, but it seems like two of those three could be solved by swapping the list to the left side of the screen? I kind of like the plot scrolling (sometimes cuts off spoilers), but would definitely prefer removing it versus being without the view entirely if you don't like it.

I installed from the link in the first post this morning, but see only the following view options for Episodes: Icons, TriPanel, List, and Landscape. Of those views, only Landscape has any options (add/remove InfoPanel). Am I missing a view that should be there?
No, I use a slide down/up animation for opening and cloasing windows. The list would be too high too smoothly animate imo.
The skin is now available in XBMC.org repository which has the lowlist view.

I see, well that's understandable.

I updating to Gotham Final and reinstalled Nox 5 from the repo. Low List with the low toggle set is indeed a very nice view for episodes. I'm definitely going to stick with that. Thanks for the suggestion.
Information 
Thank you BigNoid for your huge work. Blush

Something I really appreciate, is the optimisation to be low on resources. It's great now.

Some missing stuffs I miss a lot :
  • BluRay/DVD cases. You say it doesn't fit the design anymore. It's really subjective. I don't agree. Plus if it's an option, I don't why you would ditch it.
  • The new "unwatched" flag is really really really ugly. It's far too big. And really, a star ? What does it mean ? Nothing !!! It's not visual at all. Sounds like "Favorite", "VIP", something in a list.... Everything but not "unwatched". Please, bring back the old little blue banner in diagonal for watched content. It was perfect. What happened to the new banner ?

The views you dropped :
  • Episode : I can't believe my eyes. You dropped the "episode" view for TV shows. Even IN THE NAME of this view it was meant to be the perfect view for episodes in TV shows.
  • Banner Plex : Just one of the most beautiful view for TV shows. You have the wonderful fanart for 2/3 of the screen then 1/3 for the nice banners. Just the perfect scale.

How can you drop these incredible views ? Huh

Why some views like these, exist ? :
  • Landscape : (Have 2x the same picture once in backgroung and the same smaller in the select list on the bottom... it's useless and ugly.)
  • TriPanel and Posters : Never understood why these ugly asymetrical designed things existed...
  • Logo : Not even working @ stock...

Bug seen : When I select only unwatched movies, there are still the stars on every picture....

EDIT: Lol, I can't find, is the star flag for new content or for unwatched content ? I can't even say ! What a proof it's really not visual...
(2014-05-04, 21:26)Ben91 Wrote: Thank you BigNoid for your huge work. Blush

Something I really appreciate, is the optimisation to be low on resources. It's great now.

• BluRay/DVD cases. You say it doesn't fit the design anymore. It's really subjective. I don't agree. Plus if it's an option, I don't why you would ditch it.
  • The new "unwatched" flag is really really really ugly. It's far too big. And really, a star ? What does it mean ? Nothing !!! It's not visual at all. Sounds like "Favorite", "VIP", something in a list.... Everything but not "unwatched". Please, bring back the old little blue banner in diagonal for watched content. It was perfect. What happened to the new banner ?

The views you dropped :
  • Episode : I can't believe my eyes. You dropped the "episode" view for TV shows. Even IN THE NAME of this view it was meant to be the perfect view for episodes in TV shows.
  • Banner Plex : Just one of the most beautiful view for TV shows. You have the wonderful fanart for 2/3 of the screen then 1/3 for the nice banners. Just the perfect scale.

• Landscape : (Have 2x the same picture once in backgroung and the same smaller in the select list on the bottom... it's useless and ugly.)
  • TriPanel and Posters : Never understood why these ugly asymetrical designed things existed...

Bug seen : When I select only unwatched movies, there are still the stars on every picture....

EDIT: Lol, I can't find, is the star flag for new content or for unwatched content ? I can't even say ! What a proof it's really not visual...

With all due respect to BigNoid for his hard work and vision I have to agree with everything stated here. I hope you can reconsider some options or somebody with some skills could mod BigNoid's terrific work.

Edit: Ben, Aeon Nox 4.1.9.x Gotham May be worth a look for what you want. I think it's pretty heavy but it dies have cases and an episode view. Hopefully Warlion will keep it up.
Server: Synology Diskstation 1511+ with 8x WD Red NAS 3TB drives, DSM 5.2
Main HTPC: Home Built i3, 8GB RAM, Corsair 128GB SSD, nVidia 630GTX, Harmony Home Control, Pioneer VSX-53, Panasonic VT30 65" 3D TV, Windows 10, Isengard
Bedroom HTPC: Zotac-ID 41 8GB RAM, 128GB SSD, Rii micro keyboard remote, Samsung HW-E550, Sony 32" Google TV, OpenElec 6.0 beta 4
@ patseguin : Thanks for the support. For now, I changed my default views. Maybe later, I'll switch for Aeon Nox 4 for Gotham.
And please, if you just could edit and actualize your quote of my post, because I edited it / corrected some stuffs and typo. Cheers dude.
(2014-05-04, 21:26)Ben91 Wrote: Thank you BigNoid for your huge work. Blush

The views you dropped :

• Landscape for TV shows exists ? (Have 2x the same picture once in backgroung and the same smaller in the select list on the bottom... it's useless and ugly.)
  • TriPanel and Posters: Never understood why these ugly asymetrical designed things existed...

Well you dont have to rant Tongue
The stars mean unwatched. You can disable those in the advanced skin settings.
The blue flag was not really friendly for non-english users, same for the new flag. And while it was nice to have a visual indicator for recently added items, it had a ridiculous amount of code behind it. So that was one of the things that had to go in order to have a resource friendly skin.

I only added views that i use and/or like (except bannerwall), so I guess we both liked different things in previous versions.
As I said in the op, I'm not going to add anything I dont really want, but the source is there on github. Make a fork on git and make the changes you want.
Lol. BigNoid. I respect your decision to stick to your guns on your vision. I can live with the watched flag but I really hope someone mods it for cases episode views.

Btw, I love Nox 5 and use it on my ION machine in my bedroom and it runs great.
Server: Synology Diskstation 1511+ with 8x WD Red NAS 3TB drives, DSM 5.2
Main HTPC: Home Built i3, 8GB RAM, Corsair 128GB SSD, nVidia 630GTX, Harmony Home Control, Pioneer VSX-53, Panasonic VT30 65" 3D TV, Windows 10, Isengard
Bedroom HTPC: Zotac-ID 41 8GB RAM, 128GB SSD, Rii micro keyboard remote, Samsung HW-E550, Sony 32" Google TV, OpenElec 6.0 beta 4
Fork it. Mod it. Share it.

• Intel NUC Kit DN2820FYKH ~ Crucial DDR3L SO-DIMM 4GB ~ SanDisk ReadyCache 32GB SSD ~ Microsoft MCE model 1039 RC6 remote
New LiveTv mod available for AeonNox 5 Smile
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=193991
HTPC Server - Windows 8.1 + XBMC Helix | Intel QuadCore, 4GB RAM, 4 TB SATA
Intel NUC D54250WYK - Windows 8.1 + XBMC Helix | Logitech Harmony 750
Samsung UE8005 | Bluetooth keyboard & mousepad
  • 80(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Aeon Nox 537