• 83(current)
Release Aeon Nox 5
I'm really new to this, so please excuse the questions.

1. Are there any other scripts (other than those mentioned in the first post) that you recommend for this skin to get the max out of it?

2. How do I setup the Artwork Downloader script to run within this skin? Which views actually benefits from the extra stuff downloaded by this script?

3. Does the extendedinfo script actually work with this skin? Does it provide anything extra for any of the views?
I really like the new info screen when playing media (I've only seen it with livetv so far). It shows a lot more info than previously.
I think I found a bug with custom submenus and profiles. I am using 2 separate profiles (ADULTS, KIDS). It does not seem possible to have different custom submenus for each profile. For example, if I customize the submenu for the default Movies main menu item in ADULTS profile, and then a different customization in the KIDS profile, when I go back to the ADULTS profile it has inherited the customizations I did for KIDS. But the ADULTS submenu settings are still there in skin settings. If I then change something in ADULTS submenu settings, suddenly it corrects itself in ADULTS, but then KIDS inherits those settings. Very strange.
I'm going CRAZY trying to figure this out... I updated from Frodo today, and lo and behold, I google my favorite skin and it has a brand new version! So of course I want to take this new skin for a go... but I can't find it. Anywhere. I go to the Add-on manager and there's a huge list of skins, but no Aeon Nox 5. The closest thing I can find is Aeon MQ 5.

Because I just updated over the old version, I still have the Aeon Nox 4 skin, and it even functions in Gotham just fine (minimal testing, but yeah). So do the other 3 skins I happened to have in the system already.

Now here's where it gets a little weird: I can't install any skins. Not a one. Every single skin I try to install gives me a "Dependencies not met. Please contact Add-on Author." error message. Sift through the log, and I come upon two separate errors for different skins

21:02:00 T:6908 DEBUG: Addon skin.droid requires xbmc.gui version 4.0.0 which is not available
21:26:45 T:4452 DEBUG: Addon skin.aeonmq5 requires script.xbmc.subtitles version 3.9.14 which is not available

I bit of searching online has only revealed that some skins need to update their dependencies for Gotham. Odd, but fine, so all of the custom skins don't work.

Still doesn't answer the question of where Aeon Nox 5 is! Any ideas?

EDIT: It's also not listed on this page.. http://addons.xbmc.org/category/skins/ very confused.
Watched status isn't showing with slim list turned on for videos in file view that don't have metadata scraped. All of these are watched.

(2014-05-06, 05:19)MediaBox Wrote: I think I found a bug with custom submenus and profiles. I am using 2 separate profiles (ADULTS, KIDS). It does not seem possible to have different custom submenus for each profile. For example, if I customize the submenu for the default Movies main menu item in ADULTS profile, and then a different customization in the KIDS profile, when I go back to the ADULTS profile it has inherited the customizations I did for KIDS. But the ADULTS submenu settings are still there in skin settings. If I then change something in ADULTS submenu settings, suddenly it corrects itself in ADULTS, but then KIDS inherits those settings. Very strange.

You did indeed, specifically in the skin shortcuts script the skin uses. Actually its a glaring oversight on my part Smile

I'll let you know as soon as a fix is available (probably tomorrow.)
(2014-05-06, 05:09)zincsterio Wrote: I'm really new to this, so please excuse the questions.

1. Are there any other scripts (other than those mentioned in the first post) that you recommend for this skin to get the max out of it?

2. How do I setup the Artwork Downloader script to run within this skin? Which views actually benefits from the extra stuff downloaded by this script?

3. Does the extendedinfo script actually work with this skin? Does it provide anything extra for any of the views?
1) There are tons of addons, depending on your uses. http://forum.xbmc.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=151
2) There's no automated feature with Artwork Downloader(Avoids hammering the fanart.tv servers). Every once and a while run AD and it will gather artwork based on your settings(types, qualities, language, etc).
2a) Background images, logos, clearart, thumbnails, banners; all of those are from artwork downloader. So landscape, bannerwall, logo and probably others and on on screen display(pause) are affected.
3) I don't think that script is integrated into Nox 5.0
(2014-05-05, 18:29)DyStiC Wrote:
(2014-05-05, 18:19)BigNoid Wrote: Its the second option when skin settings is opened.
Still couldn't find it, then found out i somehow had an old version of you skin Blush
I thought i downloaded it from this thread last friday, now installed it thru the repo.
All is fine now, thanx for your help Big Grin

And all is gone for me...
Went for a clean install of gotham 13 and aeon nox 5.0.3 (installed within xbmc)
There is no option anymore to enable custom submenus!
The second option is now: "Aeon Nox main menu horizontal position"
Windows 10 Pro (64bit), Kodi v19.1 "Matrix"
Intel NUC8i3BEH (Samsung 970 Evo, G. Skill Ripjaws 8GB)
Samsung UE49KS7000, Logitech Harmony remote 350
AudioEngine D1, Synology DS218j NAS (SMB protocol)
(2014-05-06, 06:30)EaterOfFromage Wrote: I'm going CRAZY trying to figure this out... I updated from Frodo today, and lo and behold, I google my favorite skin and it has a brand new version! So of course I want to take this new skin for a go... but I can't find it. Anywhere. I go to the Add-on manager and there's a huge list of skins, but no Aeon Nox 5. The closest thing I can find is Aeon MQ 5.

Because I just updated over the old version, I still have the Aeon Nox 4 skin, and it even functions in Gotham just fine (minimal testing, but yeah). So do the other 3 skins I happened to have in the system already.

Now here's where it gets a little weird: I can't install any skins. Not a one. Every single skin I try to install gives me a "Dependencies not met. Please contact Add-on Author." error message. Sift through the log, and I come upon two separate errors for different skins

21:02:00 T:6908 DEBUG: Addon skin.droid requires xbmc.gui version 4.0.0 which is not available
21:26:45 T:4452 DEBUG: Addon skin.aeonmq5 requires script.xbmc.subtitles version 3.9.14 which is not available

I bit of searching online has only revealed that some skins need to update their dependencies for Gotham. Odd, but fine, so all of the custom skins don't work.

Still doesn't answer the question of where Aeon Nox 5 is! Any ideas?

EDIT: It's also not listed on this page.. http://addons.xbmc.org/category/skins/ very confused.

Welp, it seems I sorted my problem out. Did a full wipe of everything, re-installed Gotham, and Aeon Nox suddenly was in the list. I think it might have been the only one missing. All of the other skins are working now too. Something must have been messed up in my installation. Not super fond of 5 yet, but I'll keep poking around. I REALLY miss "Episode" layout. Is there a script that can bring that back, or should I opt back to 4.1.9.9?
Love the new Aeon Nox look. Great improvement!

A couple of questions:
Is it possible to show movie ratings in the shift view?
Is it possible somehow to disable player controls (play, rewind etc) in the video OSD? They clutter the interface when using a remote.
Liking the new look of the skin, does feel more slick.

Not sure if I'm being slightly blind but I can only get one tile to show for the recently added movies & TV widget instead of the 4/5 I could get before. Is this something that has been taken out? I think there was also an option to make entries smaller?
Hi BigNoid,
At first thanks for your work, I used Aeon Nox skin for years on my mediacenters and I really enjoy the improvements you made.
I recently buyed a Raspberry Pi to use XBMC in a secondary TV, and yesterday evening I updated (installing from scratch) a brand new Openelec 4.0. Hard to believe that now my PI with gotham and Aeon Nox 5 runs smooth like never been before. I registered on the forum just to inform you that when I go on "System Information" under settings the RPi cpu push always to 100%, even doing absolutly nothing. I can assume it's not a visual bug, the core temperature was rising fast. If I exit the System Information page my CPU usage comes back to regular values. All goes fine on the system information using the confluence skin.
Thanks again for your hard work, now I can even use your skin on my RPi with terrific performance.
It's probably the constant GUI updates caused by the cpu and mem bars that is pushing the RPi CPU to 100% usage.
Don't let the Pi stay on system info too long Smile

• Intel NUC Kit DN2820FYKH ~ Crucial DDR3L SO-DIMM 4GB ~ SanDisk ReadyCache 32GB SSD ~ Microsoft MCE model 1039 RC6 remote
I just upgraded to XBMC 13, and I needed to update to this new version 5 of Aeon Nox. (Was on Aeon Nox 4 before).

I like it, and "accept" the changes, but what I really miss is the "episode view" in TVSHOWS. Is that something that might come back?

/Söder
Vero 4K with unRAID server and mysql (mariadb)
zokkel - There is no option anymore to enable custom submenus!

had the same issue.

i change appearance/settings level to advanced or expert.

manage submenu now shows in all levels.
strange but it worked. hope this helps
  • 83(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Aeon Nox 537