• 85(current)
Release Aeon Nox 5
(2014-05-07, 00:55)El Bandit Wrote: Hi BigNoid, would you consider increasing the number of covers shown on each page of the icon/cover view? I started using this view in v4 when my library got large enough that I wanted to see as many films on screen as possible at once (within reason), but in v5 the number of pages that I need to cycle through to see the entire library in this view has almost doubled, so it seems Nox now lacks a view suitable for large libraries. Thanks.

14 on the screen at once isn't enough?

I really doubt it will get changed. As stated many times, BN made this skin to be used on a tv...that means everything is going to be large.
Loving the new look skin but I have one question - on the previews for the movies there's an image of the discart popping out of the top of the case but I can't figure out how to get this working - I have discart locally on my machine and I can see it when I go into the artwork for the movie.

Can anyone help?

Thanks Smile
I dont think discart is included anywhere...other than music views.
(2014-05-07, 00:59)Vaikin Wrote: 14 on the screen at once isn't enough?

I really doubt it will get changed. As stated many times, BN made this skin to be used on a tv...that means everything is going to be large.
It used to be about 25 and looked absolutely fine on the telly.

What set this view apart in functionality was that it required significantly fewer page views to go through your entire library than the other views. This advantage has been traded for more generous spacing around the edges, but maximising the use of space is what made this view so useful.
Just updated to v13 gotham and nox v5. Alot of changes it seems.

In movies showcase view, it no longer shows the year of the movie or the imdb rating/votes. Also during playback when you press "i" it no longer shows these 2 things. This is kinda dissapointing.

Also banner view for tv shows was good before with the fanart visible above the low lying banners, now its like other skins just a wall of banners, also dissapointing.

Seems home window less customizable as well, used to have icons with the labels, now we cant. And adding things to submenus seems to only give a list of 16 useless choices.

Also what happened to the bluray/dvd cases on movies? Now we just get standard posters with a very subtle "sd" or "hd" once we are viewing them.

Also i used to display the movie count for 2 smart playlists on the home window, this is also no longer available, my only option is to display the entire mvoie library stats for them.

Even the TV "episode" view is gone as well. Also viewing tv shows in banners & seasons as "shift"i no longer have "watched" flags or an episode count at the bottom of shift. Seems instead i have a star for things that are not watched, or is that for things that are new?

Also cinema experience is no longerin context menu or the movie info screen, and creating a home menu item for it does not work like it used to either.

I know V13 has only just launched, but tbh im thinking of rolling back to v12 and nox 4.

Are these things that will be fixed in updates coming soon? It seems alot has been removed, and little added.. Seems v4 to v5 was just removing alot of cool features, and not really giving us anything new.
I use 4.1.9 for my main high powered htpc and I use nox 5 for my zbox - I am very impressed with the visuals of this skin and how smooth everything works, I would like to say a big you for all your hard work.

With visuals like this on a little underpowered z box, I am very happy - the skin is what it is and does as it says on the tin or rather as the first post of this thread

Is that logo view? My library has plain text logos. Where did you scrape those from?
(2014-05-07, 02:58)inv3ntor Wrote: Just updated to v13 gotham and nox v5. Alot of changes it seems.

In movies showcase view, it no longer shows the year of the movie or the imdb rating/votes. Also during playback when you press "i" it no longer shows these 2 things. This is kinda dissapointing.

Yes, it does, you have to enable that in the skin settings menu. Like the old skin you have to say when that screens pops-up. immediate, 1sec, 2sec,...

(2014-05-07, 02:58)inv3ntor Wrote: Seems home window less customizable as well, used to have icons with the labels, now we cant. And adding things to submenus seems to only give a list of 16 useless choices.

You can add almost anything to the submenu. It requires just the knowledge of the XBMC build-in functions (http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Lis..._functions). A bit more work, but I'm getting there and I'm a noob at this stuff.

(2014-05-07, 02:58)inv3ntor Wrote: Also what happened to the bluray/dvd cases on movies? Now we just get standard posters with a very subtle "sd" or "hd" once we are viewing them.

Bignoid already said this has been removed due to lightness of the skin.

(2014-05-07, 02:58)inv3ntor Wrote: Also i used to display the movie count for 2 smart playlists on the home window, this is also no longer available, my only option is to display the entire mvoie library stats for them.

I guess that must be possible in the submenu's or the widgets. I'm not sure...

(2014-05-07, 02:58)inv3ntor Wrote: Even the TV "episode" view is gone as well. Also viewing tv shows in banners & seasons as "shift"i no longer have "watched" flags or an episode count at the bottom of shift. Seems instead i have a star for things that are not watched, or is that for things that are new?

The watched-status is slightly customizable in the skin settings menu

(2014-05-07, 02:58)inv3ntor Wrote: I know V13 has only just launched, but tbh im thinking of rolling back to v12 and nox 4.

Are these things that will be fixed in updates coming soon? It seems alot has been removed, and little added.. Seems v4 to v5 was just removing alot of cool features, and not really giving us anything new.

If you want to keep the old, highly customazible skin, but very heavy skin AND use gotham, go look for this thread:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=185290
It's skin v4, adjusted for Gotham by Warlion

Good luck!
Windows 10 Pro (64bit), Kodi v19.1 "Matrix"
Intel NUC8i3BEH (Samsung 970 Evo, G. Skill Ripjaws 8GB)
Samsung UE49KS7000, Logitech Harmony remote 350
AudioEngine D1, Synology DS218j NAS (SMB protocol)
I noticed what may be a small bug today - if you have your movies display as sets when you go to the ".." option to return back from the submenu of the set the background art displays a random movie picture, it doesn't maintain the theme of the set (i.e. if browsing the Fast & Furious collection it may display an image from Black Swan when I highlight this option) - this may have happened in previous releases also but I just noticed it in this one.
(2014-05-07, 07:23)Zokkel Wrote:
(2014-05-07, 02:58)inv3ntor Wrote: Seems home window less customizable as well, used to have icons with the labels, now we cant. And adding things to submenus seems to only give a list of 16 useless choices.

You can add almost anything to the submenu. It requires just the knowledge of the XBMC build-in functions (http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Lis..._functions). A bit more work, but I'm getting there and I'm a noob at this stuff.

You can also use the up and down arrows above those 16 useless choices to show video library links, music library, favourites, add-ons or playlists to choose from instead Smile
The popup dialog that was added in Live TV when switching channels is a bit redundant now that there is a whole load of info shown at the bottom, can the popup be removed?
New Aeon Gotham skin seems to be very cut down. So many things have gone awol. It's not much more than the Amber skin (which is actually very good and my choice for the Raspberry Pi). In some ways actually less good than Amber. For my PC I wanted all the eye candy that the Aeon Nox had.

Things that just seem a backward step imo :

- Can't have more than one widget - I had recent and random movies widgets for eg Movies
- Widget panel has gone and replaced by one 'icon'
- Random background fanart doesn't seem to work - stuck on one at the moment.
- Codec info is huge - preferred the small, concise font where it would be in the black bars of a movie etc - this one takes up so much space - like a janet and john book.
- Episodes view type has gone awol - loved that for TV shows
- Random colours gone
- Info panel dropdown is not as attractive as before
- OSD config has gone. I liked the option to show icons etc on 'pause'

EDIT ; Am going to try out the modified v4 skin as per above. Really don't like the v5 skin Sad
I can't find this skin in the list, I tried downloading the zip from here: https://github.com/BigNoid/Aeon-Nox But it showed me dependencies not met when trying to Install from Zip file in XBMC. Still using Nox 4 and loving it but would love to try 5 if anyone can help, thanks Smile
(2014-05-07, 08:44)colbert Wrote: I can't find this skin in the list, I tried downloading the zip from here: https://github.com/BigNoid/Aeon-Nox But it showed me dependencies not met when trying to Install from Zip file in XBMC. Still using Nox 4 and loving it but would love to try 5 if anyone can help, thanks Smile

Try to "force refresh" of your XBMC repo's stated in: http://xbmc.org/xbmc-13-0-gotham-rises/
section: "After upgrade"
Windows 10 Pro (64bit), Kodi v19.1 "Matrix"
Intel NUC8i3BEH (Samsung 970 Evo, G. Skill Ripjaws 8GB)
Samsung UE49KS7000, Logitech Harmony remote 350
AudioEngine D1, Synology DS218j NAS (SMB protocol)
I think there is a small bug with setting a viewtype.
Let's say I have several tv shows, some with only one season and a more with several seasons.
I have set Low List (extra low) for Tv shows, Low List (extra low) for seasons, and List for episodes.

But, for the seasons viewtype it does not remember this or set this for every tv show. Some of them are Low list and random shows go back to List. Then i would have to put it back to Low List.

Hope I made it clear.
  • 85(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Aeon Nox 537