• 88(current)
Release Aeon Nox 5
I've been using this for the past few days and I'm now very happy with how streamlined it is compared to v4. I'd suggest a few tweaks for usability:

In list view for episodes, the highlighted episode will always be at the top, so even with only a few episodes in a series/season some will be pushed off the screen as you scroll down. Could this be changed so that it only moves the top of list if the bottom of the list is out of view?

The system will always boot with Options selected. A way to automatically refocus on Films or TV would be useful.

Updating the library (as opposed to scanning a particular series for new content) can't be done in kiosk mode. Moving the update library button back to the context menu would save a lot of faffing about.

It would be nice if kiosk mode removed the art and refresh buttons from the information screens rather than just fading them out. This isn't a real issue, but it'd just give it a sleeker appearance.

Thanks for all your work.

Edit: Just to add, the ability to remove ratings would be good as well, because most of them are total rubbish.
(2014-05-07, 08:44)colbert Wrote: Is there any background image sets to replace default? I mean when scrolling through home menu for example to have different backgrounds for TV Shows, Movies, Settings, etc.

Also, I am encountering an issue where I go into Skin Settings > Setup the Aeon Nox main menu > Custom X, and I try Default select action, but when I hit enter on "Favorites" to choose one of my favorites, nothing happens. Thanks for any help Smile
Everything seems to work in 5.0.3, except background fanart in fullscreen mode (tab) when playing music via NFS. Fanart is shown correctly as background when browsing albums for example, but when I click tab the background goes black. Random fanart and cd wall options work perfectly, but when I select fanart it goes black. Fanart is shown correctly when streaming from iOs via airplay, so the problem is probably with NFS? I'm using Maria DB, so it might be a problem with it also? It works correctly with Confluence theme, so its not a problem with XBMC.

Thank you for your awesome work! And thanks for adding LowList view, I really appreciate it Smile
(2014-05-07, 12:48)Zokkel Wrote:
(2014-05-07, 12:37)aronatvw Wrote: In Aeon Nox 4 there was an option under system to customize main menu, how do I do this in aeon 5?

System->Appearance->Skin-Settings

I see but is there a way to do the "Real Time" editing in the main menu like in v4. Also I don't feel like there are as many options for widgets and adding favorites to menus etc..
Uh, setup aeon nox main menu and then add/delete/move entries around. They appear in the order that they are listed. Seems straight forward...

As for widgets, there is only the 1 style of widgets, but they work for everything(programs, playlists, recommended, random, etc).
So two of my three silly problems have been resolved.
However, I am still unable to boot to my chosen screen, it only ever boots to music.

Also, does anyone else get a black screen with a cursor in the middle during boot?
Switched to Aoen Nox v4 (Gotham). Sorry but v5 just doesn't cut it for me - prefer Amber tbh but thank god for warlion and his work on v4 .......
So I'm sick, and was bored so I made a few views for people...

#1 Showcase with covers: http://www.mediafire.com/download/y5ek7l...owcase.zip
Inside is View_53_Showcase.xml. Place that in your addons\skin.aeon.nox.5\1080i\ folder.
Also, there is a thumbs folder. Place that in your addons\skin.aeon.nox.5\media\ folder.
You will now need to open MyVideoNav.xml and add in a button to toggle the cases on and off. Add the following code after line 380(no idea if the placement in the code actually matters, but that's where I put it).
Code:
<control type="togglebutton" id="6099">
                    <description>Enable showcase Covers</description>
                    <textwidth>255</textwidth>
                    <include>ButtonCommonValues</include>
                    <label>Toggle CaseCovers</label>
                    <onclick>Skin.ToggleSetting(toggleshowcasecovers)</onclick>
                    <visible>Control.IsVisible(53) + Container.Content(movies)</visible>
                </control>

It should look something like:
Code:
<control type="togglebutton" id="6053">
                    <description>LowList Toggle</description>
                    <label>$LOCALIZE[31093]</label>
                    <onclick>Skin.ToggleSetting(nohighlist)</onclick>
                    <onclick>ReloadSkin()</onclick>
                    <visible>Control.IsVisible(501)</visible>
                </control>
                </control>
Now when on showcase view, in the side menu is an option to toggle cases on and off. The cases are only available when viewing movies(for obvious reasons).

#2 BigFan. http://www.mediafire.com/download/9i59mm...BigFan.xml
Place View_591_BigFan.xml in your addons\skin.aeon.nox.5\1080i\ folder.
Next, open MyVideoNav.xml and ",591" to the views available on line 5. Should look like:
Code:
<views>50,51,52,53,55,56,57,58,59,500,501,591</views>
Next, go down to line 60 or so and add the following:
Code:
<include>View_591_BigFan</include>

Should look like:
Code:
<include>BannerWall</include>
            <!-- view id = 58 -->
            <include>View_59_Logo</include>
            <!-- view id = 59 -->
            <include>VideoWall</include>
            <!-- view id = 500 -->
            <include>VideoLowList</include>
            <!-- view id = 501 -->

Last step, open includes.xml and add the following after line 23 or so:
Code:
<include file="View_591_BigFan.xml" />
Should look like:
Code:
<include file="View_59_Logo.xml" />
    <include file="View_500_Wall.xml" />
    <include file="View_501_LowList.xml" />
    <include file="variables.xml" />

BigFan is available for Movies, tv shows and seasons.

I hope I didn't miss anything.

Oh ya, any time there are updates to the skin these will all be lost and you'll have to redo it.
(2014-05-08, 01:15)colbert Wrote: Also, I am encountering an issue where I go into Skin Settings > Setup the Aeon Nox main menu > Custom X, and I try Default select action, but when I hit enter on "Favorites" to choose one of my favorites, nothing happens. Thanks for any help Smile

1) Have the same issue when customizing submenus: there is nothing in the favourites link menu... I think there might be a bug here. I used the custom XBMC build-in functions as work around.

2) In list mode the "watched status indicators" are not shown, only when the files themselves are displayed. Is that supposed to do that?
It is annoying if you have the season screen (season 1, season 2, ...) in viewtype: list. You can't see which are totally watched. When you switch to any other viewtype they are shown. Can this be added? When you click on a season and see all the episodes in viewtype list, the indicators are again shown.

Otherwise: very very pleased with it! And very fast on my old mac mini!

(2014-05-07, 08:44)colbert Wrote: Is there any background image sets to replace default? I mean when scrolling through home menu for example to have different backgrounds for TV Shows, Movies, Settings, etc.

You should have found it by now Smile
Like you said, if you go to: Skin Settings > Setup the Aeon Nox main menu > Movies or Videos or Music or any other
There you can change/choose the background of all the menus, also your custom made ones.
Windows 10 Pro (64bit), Kodi v19.1 "Matrix"
Intel NUC8i3BEH (Samsung 970 Evo, G. Skill Ripjaws 8GB)
Samsung UE49KS7000, Logitech Harmony remote 350
AudioEngine D1, Synology DS218j NAS (SMB protocol)
(2014-05-05, 15:31)BigNoid Wrote: If you press o on keyboard you get all the codec information you need.

Yes, indeed.
But if you exit the visualisation screen and enter it again, the info is gone. You have to press "o" again to show it.
I'm working on the Mac mini with apple remote. So pressing "o" is not that simple Wink

Is there way to add this myself in guisettings or an other xml file?
Just need the code and what xml file to use and I will do the rest
Windows 10 Pro (64bit), Kodi v19.1 "Matrix"
Intel NUC8i3BEH (Samsung 970 Evo, G. Skill Ripjaws 8GB)
Samsung UE49KS7000, Logitech Harmony remote 350
AudioEngine D1, Synology DS218j NAS (SMB protocol)
(2014-05-08, 08:47)Zokkel Wrote:
(2014-05-05, 15:31)BigNoid Wrote: If you press o on keyboard you get all the codec information you need.

Yes, indeed.
But if you exit the visualisation screen and enter it again, the info is gone. You have to press "o" again to show it.
I'm working on the Mac mini with apple remote. So pressing "o" is not that simple Wink

Is there way to add this myself in guisettings or an other xml file?
Just need the code and what xml file to use and I will do the rest

On remotes I think o is mapped to the context menu button in fullscreen video and viz.
If you want to show it in a way like v4, you'd have to edit the MusicVisualisation.xml.
(2014-05-08, 06:02)Vaikin Wrote: So I'm sick, and was bored so I made a few views for people...

#1 Showcase with covers: http://www.mediafire.com/download/y5ek7l...owcase.zip
Inside is View_53_Showcase.xml. Place that in your addons\skin.aeon.nox.5\1080i\ folder.
Also, there is a thumbs folder. Place that in your addons\skin.aeon.nox.5\media\ folder.
You will now need to open MyVideoNav.xml and add in a button to toggle the cases on and off. Add the following code after line 380(no idea if the placement in the code actually matters, but that's where I put it).
Code:
                </control>

It should look something like:
Code:
<control type="togglebutton" id="6053">
                    <description>LowList Toggle</description>
                    <label>$LOCALIZE[31093]</label>
                    <onclick>Skin.ToggleSetting(nohighlist)</onclick>
                    <onclick>ReloadSkin()</onclick>
                    <visible>Control.IsVisible(501)</visible>
                </control>
                </control>
Now when on showcase view, in the side menu is an option to toggle cases on and off. The cases are only available when viewing movies(for obvious reasons).

#2 BigFan. http://www.mediafire.com/download/9i59mm...BigFan.xml
Place View_591_BigFan.xml in your addons\skin.aeon.nox.5\1080i\ folder.
Next, open MyVideoNav.xml and ",591" to the views available on line 5. Should look like:
Code:
<views>50,51,52,53,55,56,57,58,59,500,501,591</views>
Next, go down to line 60 or so and add the following:
Code:

Should look like:
Code:
<include>BannerWall</include>
            <!-- view id = 58 -->
            <include>View_59_Logo</include>
            <!-- view id = 59 -->
            <include>VideoWall</include>
            <!-- view id = 500 -->
            <include>VideoLowList</include>
            <!-- view id = 501 -->

Last step, open includes.xml and add the following after line 23 or so:
Code:
Should look like:
Code:
<include file="View_59_Logo.xml" />
    <include file="View_500_Wall.xml" />
    <include file="View_501_LowList.xml" />
    <include file="variables.xml" />

BigFan is available for Movies, tv shows and seasons.

I hope I didn't miss anything.

Oh ya, any time there are updates to the skin these will all be lost and you'll have to redo it.

Very, very nice... It woud be great if BigNoid will be willing to include others good work into his (also good work) Github.
(2014-05-07, 21:29)elnino-1900 Wrote: First pic is confluence whilst second is nox5..I guess this is what you are after? or am I looking at the wrong thing

I see. The universal movie scraper doesnt add the description anymore, thats why i only have flags for R and Rated R and not a whole bunch of visiblity checks for those. Will see if that needs updating.

(2014-05-07, 23:37)El Bandit Wrote: I've been using this for the past few days and I'm now very happy with how streamlined it is compared to v4. I'd suggest a few tweaks for usability:

In list view for episodes, the highlighted episode will always be at the top, so even with only a few episodes in a series/season some will be pushed off the screen as you scroll down. Could this be changed so that it only moves the top of list if the bottom of the list is out of view?

The system will always boot with Options selected. A way to automatically refocus on Films or TV would be useful.

Updating the library (as opposed to scanning a particular series for new content) can't be done in kiosk mode. Moving the update library button back to the context menu would save a lot of faffing about.

It would be nice if kiosk mode removed the art and refresh buttons from the information screens rather than just fading them out. This isn't a real issue, but it'd just give it a sleeker appearance.

Thanks for all your work.

Edit: Just to add, the ability to remove ratings would be good as well, because most of them are total rubbish.
Update library is easily added as a custom submenu option. I can't add it to the contextmenu (it was removed in core functionality).
Removing ratings is really work for a custom version of the skin, as they are literally everywhere in the skin Smile

I faded them as a reminder that they are disabled because of kiosk mode. That is imo better practice then hiding them completely .
I wont change the default functionality of the list, but this is an easy mod to do. Change the type="list" to type="fixedlist" in View_50_List.xml.
Don't know if you looked at the Amber skin already, but I want to include this view in your skin:
https://github.com/pecinko/skin.amber/bl...igList.xml

I also want to edit it a bit so that it shows (extra) fanart as background.

Any tips on how to do this?

Thanks.
@bokkoman: yeah I did chcekout Amber (although from the screenshot thread), but i dont think the big list differs enough from the list view to give it's own view in nox.
If you want to mod it in, you can checkout this commit to see what is needed to add a view. You would have to change the id to something that isnt used yet, like 504 or something and alter that from amber. See the textures that amber uses and replace them by Nox textures, or copy the Amber texture to the media folder.
  • 88(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Aeon Nox 537