• 97(current)
Release Aeon Nox 5
(2014-05-12, 22:44)patseguin Wrote: isamu, great job. I gave you a rep point for a really nice job. I added a sets submenu like you because I have set enabled and quite a few movie sets. However, when I select sets, it just shows all my movies. What am I doing wrong?

Are you wanting just to show sets from from your regular moves, or are you wanting to show all regular movies and sets?

Have you enabled the option to group sets in XBMC?
Hey I just noticed that movie posters are being displayed in a different aspect ration than before, which is clipping the artwork. It's supposed to be .66 (that's what is was in Frodo), but now it's .55

Any way to fix this?

I got .66 based on the 1000x1500 resolution that TMDB uses and those posters always displayed correctly in Frodo, no clipping.
(2014-05-09, 20:36)BigNoid Wrote: @SavellM: indeed save space and time. It's very time consuming to find the right pictures. I use random fanart for most my menus, conditional weather for weather , default_settings.jpg for system and default_login.jpg for power menu (both are in backgrounds folder).

Not seeing where I can select "conditional weather" for the main menu weather background. I searched through this thread and saw a few other requests for it and the only reference I saw was that it's in the left menu within weather- but I have no such option. I have Weather Underground installed and all that comes up is that ability to change locations, refresh, settings, and hide fanart. Even checking within settings I don't see any option for a conditional weather background. I have XBMC settings level at expert as well. What am I missing?
Uncheck hide fanart and you get the option to "Set Fanart Path". As for backgrounds for conditional fanart on the main menu items, don't think it exists.
I tried that, but I see no "conditional weather" option within "set Fanart Path." I'm assuming there is a way as BigNoid says he uses conditional weather for his menus in the quote I referenced above?
The fanart path is the conditional weather. Also, once that path is set, the main menu option for conditional weather backgrounds appear.
http://i.imgur.com/GhyWZzd.png
http://i.imgur.com/HgHNvs9.png
Excellent, thank you- that helped me figure it out. I didn't have my own weather fanart folder- I thought weather underground "automagically" had their own. It's working now.
(2014-05-12, 21:56)BigNoid Wrote: @NLVince: I see now what you mean. Indeed the fallback fanart is incompatible with the menu re-order, didnt think of that when coding it. This will probably mean that the fallbacks will always be just random fanart (for movies/tvshows/music/all fanart) in future updates.
I manually edited the Includes_Home.xml file to get the menu order I like, with the right fanart inside the menus. Too bad it's not possible from the GUI for now. Maybe in the future?
(2014-05-12, 15:14)SavellM Wrote: [...]I have changed the background for Power, but when I click on the Power button on the menu, it brings up the shutdown options.
Eg Shutdown, Restart, Hibernate and so on.

But the background changes from the one I set to the default Gravity one.

How can I change the background for the power button but affecting all its submenus?
This is also bothering me. The gravity background is overruling my custom background when the dialog box shows up when the "Power" or "Favorites" menu items are clicked.
The fallback fanart with Concerts and my custom home menu items are also the standard gravity one.
Can I change this somewhere? It's no problem for me to edit xml files, but I just don't know where to look (so many comlex files with includes!)
Can anyone tell me why my movies might not go into sets, I have the option set in system.
So far I'm loving the redesign! I did run into two minor bugs, I haven't been through all of this thread so I apologize if these have already been brought to your attention.
1. If you hit the Home button while in "Setup the Aeon Nox main menu" the menu will stay above the home screen, hitting back will clear it so it's not anything major.
2. When I try to add a favorite as a sub menu the favorites section is blank.

On a separate note I do miss a couple of things from the old version, first being the ability to hide the submenu on the home screen. I also liked being able to add backgrounds to the submenu items and since this is a wish list I miss my episode view Big Grin.

Love the skin and thanks for all of your hard work!
Hi BN,

I downloaded the latest git. So after rebooting the tv shows and movies widget don't seem to work any more. It keeps loading (rotating circle). The music widget works, very strange. I updated all the scripts and services.

**edit**

Never mind, After resetting the widgets to none and back again fixed it.
Still hoping for additional widgets.
(2014-05-13, 17:07)loki131 Wrote: 2. When I try to add a favorite as a sub menu the favorites section is blank.

If you can post a debug log (wiki) I'll look to see why this might be happening.
Here is my log.

Thanks for the quick reply!
(2014-05-13, 18:59)loki131 Wrote: Here is my log.

Thanks for the quick reply!

Can you try that again, but this time try to edit the submenu - that will cause the script to try load your favourites so I can see any errors Smile
Sorry about that!

Updated log
  • 97(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Aeon Nox 537