• 109(current)
Release Aeon Nox 5
(2014-05-20, 17:35)Unfledged Wrote:
(2014-05-20, 16:24)martinconroy Wrote: Hi,
Just looking for advice re profiles under Aeon Nox 5. I have a profile for the kids which removes the Settings menu etc (rather than locking). However, if I then need to go back and edit the menu further there doesn't seem to be any way to do this as I can't get to the menu editing dialog which is under the Settings menu.
Any ways round this, or do I have to be sure that the menu is perfect (and never going to have to change) before removing the Settings option?
Thanks,
Martin

The action to launch the menu customiser is:

Code:
ActivateWindow(1121)

If you don't want it as a menu item, how about mapping it to your keyboard?

Thanks for this Smile So if I map this to the keyboard it doesn't matter if it's disabled Smile Does the keyboard map apply through ALL profiles, or do I need to create one specifically in the Kids profile directory?
(2014-05-19, 11:07)francovilar Wrote:
(2014-05-19, 00:54)hewligun Wrote: Anyone else have a problem with the recent tv shows and movies widget after theatest updated to the library provider data addon? Mine just spins but never shows anything. Since the update Friday.
Edit the nox main menu select none for the widget and next select the widget you where using. Refreshing the information fixes the widgets

Thanks buddy that worked!
(2014-05-20, 21:15)martinconroy Wrote: Thanks for this Smile So if I map this to the keyboard it doesn't matter if it's disabled Smile Does the keyboard map apply through ALL profiles, or do I need to create one specifically in the Kids profile directory?

AFAIK its done on a profile-by-profile basis.

Can I change my advice, though? Don't go straight to the menu customiser, as it relies on being launched from the skin settings to look right. Either go to skin settings, or just to general settings. Smile

Code:
ActivateWindow(SkinSettings)

Code:
ActivateWindow(Settings)
(2014-05-20, 22:14)Unfledged Wrote:
(2014-05-20, 21:15)martinconroy Wrote: Thanks for this Smile So if I map this to the keyboard it doesn't matter if it's disabled Smile Does the keyboard map apply through ALL profiles, or do I need to create one specifically in the Kids profile directory?

AFAIK its done on a profile-by-profile basis.

Can I change my advice, though? Don't go straight to the menu customiser, as it relies on being launched from the skin settings to look right. Either go to skin settings, or just to general settings. Smile

Code:
ActivateWindow(SkinSettings)

Code:
ActivateWindow(Settings)

Thank you, I will try this tomorrow.
BigNoid, thanks for the skin. I am new to xbmc and used your skin in Frodo version for couple months and now on Gotham.

I would like to get the Video Folder back, OR please show me how to make a playlist with .iso files.

Here is my problem: I have a lot of .iso files ripped from dvd music video, I used to made a tap on home screen (in Frodo) and point to that folder BUT I can not do it on Gotham, I tried to make smart playlist but does not work.

Please show my how, or bring video folder back. thanks a lot.
Is there an option in this skin for addon shortcuts as within confluence? I like having the icons of my more commonly used addons displayed on the homescreen within different menu sections. I know that I could just create submenus, but I think the icons are more attractive.
@jcorsaut If you mean the square icons that appear below main menu items, no. You have to make main menu/submenu entries in order to access the addons.
@jcorsaut @Vaikin though it's an interesting idea (and I'm a sucker for those!), and it shouldn't be difficult at all to use the skin shortcuts script as a widget for any menu item. Obviously, it'd look like the other widgets and not Confluence's list of addons, but still. I'll have play with Nox5 tomorrow. Smile
(2014-05-21, 01:54)Unfledged Wrote: @jcorsaut @Vaikin though it's an interesting idea (and I'm a sucker for those!), and it shouldn't be difficult at all to use the skin shortcuts script as a widget for any menu item. Obviously, it'd look like the other widgets and not Confluence's list of addons, but still. I'll have play with Nox5 tomorrow. Smile

Thanks, I appreciate you taking a look at this. I'm not really concerned whether it looks like the confluence addon shortcuts or not. If there is ability to access commonly used addons in icon format within a widget, that works great too.
Feature Suggestion:

Using List View inside a TV Season, I would like to see the episode image bumped up and a Plot Outline under it, possibly episode info (ie. encode, resolution, audio type) much like the Media Info view shows in Confluence. Would this be something you could add, maybe an option for it in List View like you have for the Low List Toggle?
(2014-05-21, 06:58)flek Wrote: Feature Suggestion:

Using List View inside a TV Season, I would like to see the episode image bumped up and a Plot Outline under it, possibly episode info (ie. encode, resolution, audio type) much like the Media Info view shows in Confluence. Would this be something you could add, maybe an option for it in List View like you have for the Low List Toggle?

I have been thinking about this myself too, to show a panel on episode level. I'll try this out and see how it looks.
(2014-05-21, 04:13)jcorsaut Wrote: Thanks, I appreciate you taking a look at this. I'm not really concerned whether it looks like the confluence addon shortcuts or not. If there is ability to access commonly used addons in icon format within a widget, that works great too.

OK, I've had a play with this, and it's possible to add a new widget to which you can add anything you want - add ons included - with three changes to Nox5's code.

First, add a new widget to choose from, in custom_1124_WidgetCustomizer.xml

Code:
<item>
    <label>My Shortcuts</label>
    <onclick>Skin.SetString(ItemToEdit.Widget,12)</onclick>
    <onclick>Skin.SetString(ItemToEdit.WidgetLabel,My Shortcuts)</onclick>
    <onclick>Dialog.Close(1124)</onclick>
    <onclick>Skin.SetString(ItemToEdit.WidgetType,4)</onclick>
</item>

Next, a button to allow the editing of items in this new widget (works well right after button 90014), in custom_1121_HomeMenuCustomizer.xml

Code:
<control type="button" id="90100">
    <description>Manage widget shortcuts</description>
    <width>1316</width>
    <height>90</height>
    <textoffsetx>30</textoffsetx>
    <font>font15</font>
    <label>Manage widget shortcuts</label>
    <texturenofocus border="1">separator5.png</texturenofocus>
    <onclick>RunScript(script.skinshortcuts,type=manage&amp;group=$INFO[Container(90000).ListItem.Property(submenuVisibility)]-1)</onclick>
    <visible>System.HasAddon(script.skinshortcuts) + StringCompare(Container(90000).ListItem.Property(Widget),12)</visible>
</control>

And finally to display the new widget, in variables.xml, the variable WidgetListContent - somewhere around line 420, preferably the line above the value without a condition

Code:
<value condition="StringCompare(Container(9000).ListItem.Property(Widget),12)">plugin://script.skinshortcuts?type=list&amp;group=$INFO[Container(9000).ListItem.Property(SubmenuVisibility)]-1</value>

And jobs a good'un.
Code:
ActivateWindow(Settings)

Perfect = thanks!

Another thing I'd like to do for the "power option" is have this button log-off the profile and then Hibernate the computer, from a single press. That way, the next time any user starts the system they have to log in with a profile. Is this possible?
(2014-05-21, 09:15)BigNoid Wrote:
(2014-05-21, 06:58)flek Wrote: Feature Suggestion:

I have been thinking about this myself too, to show a panel on episode level. I'll try this out and see how it looks.

Awesome! Great skin, great dev!
(2014-05-21, 14:20)martinconroy Wrote:
Code:
ActivateWindow(Settings)

Perfect = thanks!

Another thing I'd like to do for the "power option" is have this button log-off the profile and then Hibernate the computer, from a single press. That way, the next time any user starts the system they have to log in with a profile. Is this possible?

You know about Profiles > Login Screen? I presume that hibernating/resuming means the login screen doesn't show even if this option is selected.

What type of button do you mean? If it's another on the keyboard, I believe each key can only be mapped to one action, so that won't work - though you could write a python script to logout and then hibernate, and call that from the key.

From the menu that pops up when you click the "Power" main menu item, you can edit DialogButtonMenu.xml and add an extra on click to the hibernate option to log off.

It's technically possible to do it with a main-menu item directly, but it's not easy and would require editing the skins xml files as these are built to just run one action.

For a submenu item, you can use an overrides.xml file in each profiles userdata directory to override the hibernate button to also log off. Something like:

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<overrides>
    <override action="Hibernate">
        <action>System.LogOff</action>
        <action>Hibernate</action>
    </override>
</overrides>

should do it. (You may need to force the submenu to rebuild after adding this to all profiles - just make a change to any submenu - if it doesn't rebuild automatically)
  • 109(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Aeon Nox 537