• 125(current)
Release Aeon Nox 5
(2014-06-18, 09:52)Sabish Wrote:
(2014-06-17, 01:55)zag Wrote: Mmmm fanart list view is nice Smile

it is indeed ! care to share ? Wink

Sure, here you go..FanartList

I've only added the view xml to the zip because it's really easy to add the view.

1. Add the modded xml to the includes.xml
<include file="View_500_Wall.xml" />
<include file="View_501_LowList.xml" />
<include file="View_502_Episode.xml" />
<include file="View_507_FanartList.xml" />

2 add the view id and include name to the MyVideoNav.xml.
<views>50,51,52,53,55,507,56,57,58,59,500,501,502</views>
<include>VideoLowList</include>
<!-- view id = 501 -->
<include>VideoEpisode</include>
<!-- view id = 502 -->
<include>VideoFanartList</include>
<!-- view id = 507 -->

(2014-06-19, 03:43)Vaikin Wrote: Gotta be careful with c/p. It's a good way to get things done in a hurry, but it can, and usually does, lead to mistakes.

I'm not a coder. The views that I've assisted with, created are simply me interpreting the code by reading it and copying existing views. I need the help of someone who is trained in design or computer science. It is incredibly time-consuming just to position objects in space with precise alignment let alone design a skin, so I don't think I'm going to go any further. I don't find skin design easy or intuitive at all.

I mostly wanted to upgrade and bid farewall to Version 4, but I am used to the deeper customization/features of the last version and it's actually satisfying to monkey with the code and create something for yourself.

I don't plan be to on as often in the future and wanted to customize the skin and then enjoy when I have time.

(2014-06-19, 04:18)Steveb Wrote:

I've only added the view xml to the zip because it's really easy to add the view.

I know the skin has been out for sometime, but there is definitely a place for this in the skin. Good episode views are few and far between and this is a massive improvement over the old List view. It is a lot of work to create these views and it's nice to have others improving what was already started.
(2014-06-18, 22:12)gold01 Wrote: Hi, i'm having trouble, downloading subtitles when the file is a ZIP to select diferent versions of subtitles. The menu to select the *.srt file from ZIP does not show on this skin. Is there a solution?

I'm using OpenELEC 4.0.5 (xbmc 13.1)

I belive this is a bug, I also face the same problem. I can see the window to select the .srt file, but its not on front of the main subtitle window and its hard to see it.

Would you mind to share the other two views aswell? Especially the BannerInfo (tvshows) is sexy!
(2014-04-04, 14:51)wd40s Wrote:
(2014-04-04, 11:42)vicmanpergar Wrote:
(2014-04-04, 05:11)TheImmortal Wrote: +1 my favorite view

+1 my favourite for movies too

+1 this view is definitely the best of everything. It allows for viewing of large fanarts while simultaneously being able to display details about the content which is selected. It is my default for everything. Not sure why the List view would be kept and Low List would be removed.

I see that the low list view has been implemented in the latest version of Nox and many thanks to the developer for including it. However, in the low list view please give an option to show clear logos on the the right hand side of the list view for movies like in the previous version. Please also allow an option to have more transparency in the view. In the previous versions of aeon nox that was the best part.
(2014-06-19, 12:13)zeus[x] Wrote:
(2014-06-18, 22:12)gold01 Wrote: Hi, i'm having trouble, downloading subtitles when the file is a ZIP to select diferent versions of subtitles. The menu to select the *.srt file from ZIP does not show on this skin. Is there a solution?

I'm using OpenELEC 4.0.5 (xbmc 13.1)

I belive this is a bug, I also face the same problem. I can see the window to select the .srt file, but its not on front of the main subtitle window and its hard to see it.

I tested again and it's true, the window to select the file is not on TOP as it should be. Some one got a solution for this?
(2014-06-19, 12:45)MasterPhW Wrote: Would you mind to share the other two views aswell? Especially the BannerInfo (tvshows) is sexy!

No probs, grab it here.. View_505_BannerInfo.xml
Also a really easy view to add.

1. Add the modded xml to the includes.xml.
<include file="View_505_BannerInfo.xml" />

2. Add the view id and include name to the MyVideoNav.xml.
<views>50,51,52,53,55,507,56,57,58,505,59,500,501,502</views>
<!-- view id = 501 -->
<!-- view id = 502 -->
<include>VideoBannerInfo</include>
<!-- view id = 505 -->

(2014-06-17, 08:20)ztsmith Wrote: I'm trying to setup custom home menu items based on smart playlists as described on this wiki page: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Custom_home_items
I have multiple XBMC clients and playlists are shared using path substitution. However these playlists don't show up in the Aeon Nox menu options. They do appear in the videos > playlists section of XBMC, and they do show up in skin settings on the machine with the source content.
Is this a limitation of the skin or a bug?

Now the new version of script.skinshortcuts (the script which provides Nox5 with the available playlists - and all the other shortcuts available for a main or sub menu item) is on the repo, have you tried the new sources feature?

Basically, you can select the sources group for your menu item, browse to the source you want to show in the library and "Create shortcut to here". You'll be asked what type of library content the source contains. Then a smart playlist will be automatically created that only shows library content from that source.

Might help get around the fact that your manually created shortcuts can't be seen by the script.
I am back asking help in on a project to add disc art with an animation to the VideoInfo screen. This is the only place in the skin I am looking to add discart - kind of like the disc is being inserted before playback. The code seem deceptively simple, but I don't know what I'm doing.

The code I've pasted is taken directly from Aeon Nox 4. From testing in version 4, the first block tells the skin to put the disc art in the position to the bottom-right. The second block is an animation that causes the disc to roll and stop before disappearing.

DialogVideoInfo.xml (Inserted at Line 493):

<control type="image">
<left>1610</left>
<top>660</top>
<width>300</width>
<height>300</height>
<texture background="true">$INFO[ListItem.Art(discart)]</texture>
<include>Animation_VisibleChange200</include>

<!-- <visible>!ControlGroup(6000).HasFocus</visible> -->

<animation type="WindowOpen" reversible="false">
<effect type="slide" start="-1610,0" end="0" delay="800" time="1120" tween="quadratic" easing="out" />
<effect type="rotate" start="0" center="1760,810" end="-720" delay="800" time="1120" tween="quadratic" easing="out" />
<effect type="zoom" start="104" center="1760,810" end="100" delay="2120" time="140" tween="quadratic" easing="out" />
</animation>
<animation type="WindowClose" reversible="false">
<effect type="slide" start="0,0" end="4600" time="700" tween="quadratic" easing="out" />
<effect type="rotate" start="0" center="1760,810" end="-720" time="700" tween="quadratic" easing="out" />
</animation>
</control>

This code was added to Includes_Animations.xml:

</include>
<include name="Animation_VisibleChange200">
<animation effect="fade" time="160">Visible</animation>
<animation effect="fade" time="160">Hidden</animation>
</include>

In Aeon Nox 5, the discart command is recognized by the animation, as the disc rolls, but the disc art does not appear. Also the animation is too fast and the disc does not stop at the edge of the screen.

I've already drafted code to allow the Plot dialog to resize when disc art is available, and the alignment of the animation is okay, but I can't figure out why the disc art doesn't appear, nor do I know why the animation is fast and incomplete.

This was intended to be the last modification I attempted.

Disc art zipping by:

These are the test files:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2LAr9I...sp=sharing
(2014-06-20, 03:59)Warner306 Wrote: I am back asking help in on a project to add disc art with an animation to the VideoInfo screen. This is the only place in the skin I am looking to add discart - kind of like the disc is being inserted before playback. The code seem deceptively simple, but I don't know what I'm doing.

The code I've pasted is taken directly from Aeon Nox 4. From testing in version 4, the first block tells the skin to put the disc art in the position to the bottom-right. The second block is an animation that causes the disc to roll and stop before disappearing.

Not sure how fast you want the animation or if you want it to travel fullscreen but give this a try.
Its a start. Wink

Code:
<control type="image">
    <left>-1000</left>
    <top>660</top>
    <width>300</width>
    <height>300</height>
    <animation type="WindowOpen" reversible="false">
        <effect type="slide" start="0,0" end="1800,0" delay="400" time="3000" tween="quadratic" easing="out" />
        <effect type="rotate" start="0" center="auto" end="-720" delay="400" time="3000" tween="quadratic" easing="out" />
    </animation>
    <animation type="WindowClose" reversible="false">
        <effect type="slide" start="1800,0" end="2220,0" time="320" tween="quadratic" easing="out" />
    </animation>
    <visible>!IsEmpty(ListItem.Art(discart))</visible>
</control>
Thank you, Steveb!

I'll leave the coding to the experts. I played with the speed of the animation and positioning and ended up increasing the size of the disc art by 20px. The final result is below:

I am left with one small bug. The plot outline shrinks to accommodate the disc art, while movies without the disc art are presented in full width of the screen. That's as intended. However, visibility for movies with disc art is not displaying correctly. When the movie is missing the disc, the plot outline is overlapped - twice!

This is the visibility tag that works:
<visible>!Control.IsVisible(50) + IsEmpty(ListItem.Art(discart))</visible>

The plot outline is full-width for movies without disc art.

This is the visibility tag with the problem:
<visible>!Control.IsVisible(50) + !Control.IsVisible(ListItem.Art(discart))</visible>

The reduced textbox displays regardless if disc art is available or not. What am I doing wrong?

I started ripping my Blu-ray discs with MakeMKV and like the idea of keeping a digital copy of the disc.

My test file is below (the code relating to the plot starts at Line 463):
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2LAr9I...sp=sharing
(2014-06-20, 09:36)Warner306 Wrote: This is the visibility tag that works:
<visible>!Control.IsVisible(50) + IsEmpty(ListItem.Art(discart))</visible>

The plot outline is full-width for movies without disc art.

This is the visibility tag with the problem:
<visible>!Control.IsVisible(50) + !Control.IsVisible(ListItem.Art(discart))</visible>

The reduced textbox displays regardless if disc art is available or not. What am I doing wrong?

Replace: <visible>!Control.IsVisible(50) + !Control.IsVisible(ListItem.Art(discart))</visible>

With: <visible>!Control.IsVisible(50) + !IsEmpty(ListItem.Art(discart))</visible>

should solve the plot problem.

Personally I'm not a big fan of the animation but hey, it's your creation. Smile
I would let the animation of the parent control group let it do its stuff...
Code:
<control type="image">
<left>800</left>
<top>600</top>
<width>320</width>
<height>320</height>
<aspect>keep</aspect>
<visible>!Control.IsVisible(50) + !IsEmpty(ListItem.Art(discart))</visible>
</control>

That's just me though, I like to keep it simple. Wink

1. Add the modded xml to the includes.xml
<include file="View_507_FanartList.xml" />

2 add the view id and include name to the MyVideoNav.xml.
<views>50,51,52,53,55,507,56,57,58,59,500,501,502</views>
<!-- view id = 501 -->
<!-- view id = 502 -->
<include>VideoFanartList</include>
<!-- view id = 507 -->

Thanks ! Works like a charm. Much appreciated Cool
My reFocus mods : reAlaska & reAlaska (Dark)
@Steveb

I suspect disc art won't be overly popular in a skin designed to exclude it, but I made two versions of the VideoInfo dialog to share. One has the animation, the other loads with the disc already present. Thanks for your time. I think I'm going to leave the skin alone and keep all the mods that I've collected.

Btw, FanartList is great and should really replace the list view for television episodes that is already present.

When BigNoid returns, I can count five new views that should be stickied in the "Mods & Themes" section:
  • FanartList - Steveb (Page 125)
  • BannerInfo (TV Shows) - Steveb (Page 125)
  • Small Icons & Logo (TV Shows) - Warner306 (thread)
  • Modified Video Info (Disc Art) - Warner306 (thread)
  • Modified Video Info (Cinema Experience) - moravec (Page 121)
Any chance of sharing that ShiftCase'view?

Cheers in advance!
  • 125(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Aeon Nox 537