• 131(current)
Release Aeon Nox 5
Hi,

First off great work BigNoid on this skin.

I'm setting up my XBMC from scratch after jumping from Frodo to Gotham. I was on Nox 4.0 so I'm familiar with the skin but things have changed in 5.0 I have some questions on configurations and am wondering if some people on here can help me out.

I have 2 sources for video files (SMB shares). HD Movies and Cartoons (Animated stuff)

I have added them as separate sources in XBMC and noted they both contain movies. Also the sources are setup to be included in library scans.

I would like to setup the Menu so that on the Movies tab (Home menu) I only see the content in HD Movies SMB share.
I would like to create a Custom Menu option on the Home Menu for Cartoons and only show the stuff in my Cartoons SMB share

RIght now after adding both SMB shares as Movie sources when I click on Movies I see the titles from both sources.

What would I have to configure as the Default Select Action in the Home menu setup to set this up? If I have to re add sources that is fine with me as well.

Thanks
(2014-07-10, 19:32)vdsilva Wrote: Hi,

I'm setting up my XBMC from scratch after jumping from Frodo to Gotham. I was on Nox 4.0 so I'm familiar with the skin but things have changed in 5.0 I have some questions on configurations and am wondering if some people on here can help me out.

I have 2 sources for video files (SMB shares). HD Movies and Cartoons (Animated stuff)

I have added them as separate sources in XBMC and noted they both contain movies. Also the sources are setup to be included in library scans.

I would like to setup the Menu so that on the Movies tab (Home menu) I only see the content in HD Movies SMB share.
I would like to create a Custom Menu option on the Home Menu for Cartoons and only show the stuff in my Cartoons SMB share

RIght now after adding both SMB shares as Movie sources when I click on Movies I see the titles from both sources.

What would I have to configure as the Default Select Action in the Home menu setup to set this up? If I have to re add sources that is fine with me as well.

Thanks

For a main menu item, choose "Default select action", "Video Library", "Sources"

For a submenu item, hit the "Type" button until the "Library Sources" group is shown.

For both a main and submenu item, select the source, and any subdirectory you want to only display content from. Then select "Create shortcut to here". You'll be asked what content the source contains, select "Movies" and you're done - a smart playlist will be generated and linked to the menu item to only show content from the source you've selected.
(2014-07-10, 19:42)Unfledged Wrote:
(2014-07-10, 19:32)vdsilva Wrote: Hi,

Thanks

For a main menu item, choose "Default select action", "Video Library", "Sources"

For a submenu item, hit the "Type" button until the "Library Sources" group is shown.

For both a main and submenu item, select the source, and any subdirectory you want to only display content from. Then select "Create shortcut to here". You'll be asked what content the source contains, select "Movies" and you're done - a smart playlist will be generated and linked to the menu item to only show content from the source you've selected.

That worked great. And making the custom playlists for a widget for each menu item is quite easy. I remember struggling a bit on Nox 4 to get that working. Double Kudos to Big Noid and thanks Unfledged!!!
Can anyone point me to some info on the "Custom (Video Add-On)" Widget?
Been using this skin since beta and have noticed it but cant figure out what it does?
On my system it pops up two input boxes then sets as the last input in its name.
On scree it shows a box that is refreshing and labeled whatever was input in the last input.

Would love to know how to use this..
Please anyone knows how can i put the infobar on top of the screen? In the EDEN was easy now i can not found the menu in the Gotham.Image
(2014-07-11, 04:10)tmaru Wrote: Can anyone point me to some info on the "Custom (Video Add-On)" Widget?
Been using this skin since beta and have noticed it but cant figure out what it does?
On my system it pops up two input boxes then sets as the last input in its name.
On scree it shows a box that is refreshing and labeled whatever was input in the last input.

You can put a custom url from any addon. For instance you can load the list from The Trailers by entering this url in the first entry box:
Code:
plugin://plugin.video.the.trailers/apple/movies/
and then enter the desired display name in the second box.
You would have to find out the correct path for the addon of your choice. In theory you can show all contents that are displayed within the addons inside the widget, provided you enter the correct url.

(2014-07-11, 13:23)Supra66 Wrote: Please anyone knows how can i put the infobar on top of the screen? In the EDEN was easy now i can not found the menu in the Gotham.
Notpossible anymore within skin options. That can only be domne by modding it yourself.
(2014-07-11, 13:53)BigNoid Wrote:
(2014-07-11, 04:10)tmaru Wrote: Can anyone point me to some info on the "Custom (Video Add-On)" Widget?

You can put a custom url from any addon. For instance you can load the list from The Trailers by entering this url in the first entry box:
Code:
plugin://plugin.video.the.trailers/apple/movies/
and then enter the desired display name in the second box.
You would have to find out the correct path for the addon of your choice. In theory you can show all contents that are displayed within the addons inside the widget, provided you enter the correct url.

(2014-07-11, 13:23)Supra66 Wrote: Please anyone knows how can i put the infobar on top of the screen? In the EDEN was easy now i can not found the menu in the Gotham.
Notpossible anymore within skin options. That can only be domne by modding it yourself.
Thank you..
moved...
Is there any way to add extra episode icons to the main menu tv tab for the recent or recommended episodes widgets? I'm used to Nox 4 where you could scroll through a bunch of different episodes / shows straight from the tv tab.

Any help would be great appreciated.

Thanks.
(2014-07-07, 08:47)noikz Wrote: Is there anyway to enable/mod Nox5 to fallback to the TV Show poster in Low List if a TV Season poster is absent? At the moment it displays a folder icon.

Screenshot:
(2014-06-13, 12:40)soder Wrote: Everytime I start my OpenELEC, I get an error of "Grab fanart failed to start". Is this a problem for others to?

/Söder

I was having the same problem, I tried a lot of things but what worked was getting rev 13.1 of the grab fanart script from the authors site (there is a download as zip button hidden in plain sight on the right side of the page).
(2014-07-13, 11:01)noikz Wrote:
(2014-07-07, 08:47)noikz Wrote: Is there anyway to enable/mod Nox5 to fallback to the TV Show poster in Low List if a TV Season poster is absent? At the moment it displays a folder icon.

Screenshot:

You will have to edit the variable "PosterVar" located in the variables.xml to include a value something like..

<value condition="Container.Content(seasons) + IsEmpty(ListItem.Art(season.poster))">$INFO[ListItem.Art(tvshow.poster)]</value>

It should end up looking something like this.

PHP Code:
<variable name="PosterVar">
     <
value condition="Container.Content(episodes) + !IsEmpty(ListItem.Art(season.poster))">$INFO[ListItem.Art(season.poster)]</value>
     <
value condition="Container.Content(episodes) + !IsEmpty(ListItem.Art(tvshow.poster))">$INFO[ListItem.Art(tvshow.poster)]</value>
     <
value condition="!IsEmpty(ListItem.Art(poster))">$INFO[ListItem.Art(poster)]</value>
     <
value condition="Container.Content(seasons) + IsEmpty(ListItem.Art(season.poster))">$INFO[ListItem.Art(tvshow.poster)]</value>
     <
value>$INFO[ListItem.Icon]</value>
</
variable
Quote:When BigNoid returns, I can count six new views that should be stickied in the "Mods & Themes" section:
  • Modified Video Info (Cinema Experience) - moravec (Page 121)
  • FanartList - Steveb (Page 125)
  • BannerInfo (TV Shows) - Steveb (Page 125)
  • ShiftCase - Steveb (Page 126)

I noticed BigNoid has returned. He would be wise to sticky the links above and below to update Nox 5 "Mods & Themes":
Added to the sticky, thx guys Smile
(2014-07-15, 04:33)Steveb Wrote: You will have to edit the variable "PosterVar" located in the variables.xml to include a value something like..

Worked perfectly, thank you!
  • 131(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Aeon Nox 537